WE WANT IT FIXED:YESTERDAY

Page 2 of 3 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 33 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,905
QCA Admin replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 9:31 AM

Hi QCA Members - first, thank you for being members of this site, we really appreciate each and every one of you!  We appreciate your patience as we work through these issues.  We have identified two courses of action to give some options for a solution.  The first is we are going to switch servers later this month, so please hang on!  The site has grown larger and quicker than we expected and is currently on a server with other sites.  We will be pulling QCA out and housing the site on a dedicated server.  This should alleviate the problems.   If this doesn't fix, we will do a complete site rebuild on another platform.  The customer service gals and QCA Mandy are working as hard as well.  We have a great team...sometimes technology does't work as planned.

Thank you again and I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!  Please stick with us, we will get it fixed! :) 

Kristi 

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 9:53 AM

Kristie ,thank you this is great news, I will be patient and do my best with what we have to work with. I don't think anyone here blalmes the QCA gals, we all know it's not a problem they can fix. They do a great job  taking care of other problems we have and we appreciate all they do . I so hope this will take care of all the issues and I for one am looking foward to it. 

Thank You

Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 239,992
Thea replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 10:03 AM

Kristi, thank you so much for this wonderful news!  I have learned patience with my quilting!  I have been helped so much by the camaraderie from the members on this site.  I am not sure where I would be today without it.  I thank you for all the hard work you and all the gals are doing to improve the site.  I know it is very frustrating to try and log in and the site to be so slow.  I, also, know that you and the rest are working as hard as you can to fix it - I would have no idea how to do it myself as am not a computer techie.  I wish all of you a wonderful Christmas and again thank you for this site - slow though it is at times and frustrating - but a great site anyway.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and 2013 we are going to have a site that is so quick we will be astonished and grateful for the wonders of it!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,840
Nana replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 12:27 PM

Kristi

Thanks for the update.  I know that all the girls at admin are experiencing some of the same problems.  It does get very frustrating though when it doesn't seem that the higher ups are doing anything to fix the problem.  I am very happy to hear that they are going to a different server that will hopefully alleviate the problems.   You gals are wonderful.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Thank you for letting us know Kristi. I'm sure you are all just as frustrated as we are, but it is getting old.

I wish everyone at QCA a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 2:14 PM

Hi Kristi

Thanks for hearing our pleas, gripes and complaints.  I know you must be as frustrated as we have become.  I look forward to soon having a QCA that is once again in working order.

Have a Blees Christmas and a Prosperous New Year!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,286
Points 173,448
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 3:21 PM

Kristi, thank you and ditto what everyone said before me.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,488
Points 362,222
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 3:39 PM

Yes, thank you Kristi. That is good news.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 8:52 PM

thanks Kristi!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,362
Points 415,009
gini replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 2:39 PM

this is great news.   thanks kristi

gini in north idaho

replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 2:57 PM

Oh Happy Day! No more ten min waiting for the page to load hopefully!  I will look forward to this!  Happy Holidays to all!  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 5:56 PM

Ya know Candis, last night I commented on how I am not having any problems like everyone else is complaining about----well, this morning it was either giving me an error code or it just would not load at all.   Much better this afternoon and night.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,687
Points 66,040
Bonita replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 8:27 PM

Thanks for this good news.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 8:39 PM

A-R-R-R-G!  "Later this month" can't get here soon enough.  Sorry, sometimes my patience simply gives out...

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 9:58 PM

QCA Admin:
We have identified two courses of action to give some options for a solution.  The first is we are going to switch servers later this month, so please hang on!  The site has grown larger and quicker than we expected and is currently on a server with other sites.  We will be pulling QCA out and housing the site on a dedicated server.  This should alleviate the problems.

Thanks Kristi for let us know of this pending solution.  I trust we will all be notified when the switch to the new server occurs?  I recently switched to Chrome in an effort to speed up the wait-time on this site, but as I am sure you are aware...it helped a little, but not very much.    I really do appreciate all of your efforts to keep this site running smoothly.  We truly love QCA, and look forward to the improvements.  I wish you all the best of holiday seasons!

Winthrop, WA

Page 2 of 3 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use