Page 1 of 3 (34 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 33 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara Posted: Sat, Dec 8 2012 6:43 PM

QCA, Adm.  I realize this is out of your hands ,but this site has been crazy since the middle of summer and I see no sign that its getting any better . Are the owners of the site even trying to fix this ? If they are they are slower then the site.  WE  As Paying Mmebers ,would really like to see this fixed.  We are losing a steady stream of members who are just fed up . This is also not a good sign to those who will be new paying members.  WE WANT IT FIXED  :YESTERDAY.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,452
Points 176,408
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 7:03 PM

I'll second that Barbara!!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

I have just spent a FULL hour working up new information for my post, researching that information for the Machine Embroidery group. TWICE I had to start over because my post on MY FORUM POST was going to go to moderation. Well that never gets anywhere. This is not my first rodeo with moderation several times I write a post and it goes into nowhere,I am tired of fighting this site. AND while on that subject why doesn't any posts ever show up, never have I had an e-mail stating that the post was approved. Damn I worked hard on that information. I am sick that I have to go and start over. 
 I ditto everything said by Barbara, this site is so hard to even get into during the week that people get frustrated. Issues are not being taken care of. Media has been a real challenge all week, so many times the icon doesn't bring up a window, then you get one and it doesn't post because it has to go be monitored, BY WHOM?
it has become obvious  F&P have gotten toooooo big and just don't care.

Sick in the warm climate on a beautiful Saturday night with places to go,  but no back to work again. that is just crappy.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 9:35 PM

I ditto everything you ladies are saying!!!  I do not get on that much because you have to wait so long.  Seems to me We the paying Members are whats keeping QCA in business. I would think they would try harder to keep their Paying Customers Happy!!!          Frustrated, in Florida,    Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 8:41 AM

The past couple of days  this has happen to me several times anyone else?  When I write a post and send it .the whole site just gets lost in cyper space and I have to reboot the site to get back on.  Very frustrating .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 2:15 PM

For months now this site has been very difficult to work on.  sometimes it takes forever to get something posted, the rest of the time it ends up in cyber space.  What is happening?  I used to love QCA, but now I'm seriously considering not renewing my membership in the spring.  Forget even trying to get QNNtv, or any of the programs.

Please fix this so we can once again enjoy this once fun and informative site!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,765
Points 67,060
Bonita replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 2:16 PM

Yes to all the problems already listed. But the one that makes want to tear out my hair is when you click on anything doesn't matter what it goes thru a bunch of stuff at the bottom and then a plain white screen comes up with the word DONE at the bottom. and then just sits there.That's when I say a few choice words and walk away. I recently got an e-mail wanting to know if I would like to renew early. Are they kidding!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,840
Points 366,242
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 6:53 PM

I'm not on as much as I used to be, but when I do get to the site it's a struggle. It's much easier to read my messages in email but if the messages get errors they don't come through email so I still have to login to see what I missed.

I did not renew my paid membership this year.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 429
Points 8,695
Sabrina replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 11:11 PM

I have experienced a few of the problems listed but nothing like what you guys describe. I use Google Chrome and find it tends to have fewer problems than other operating systems like Internet Explorer or Firefox. I am also usually connected by DSL which is faster than wireless or dial-up. I don't know if this will help anyone, but it might. Actually, the only problems I can recall having on this site is "site not available" messages, but after I reload the page it usually opens up just fine.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 429
Points 8,695
Sabrina replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 11:18 PM

I had another thought. For everyone using portable devices, some of the problems could be compatibility issues with iOS or Android operating systems.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,840
Points 366,242
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 12:10 AM

Sabrina,

I use mostly a mac and on occasion a PC. I also have DSL. I don't usually have speed issues when I'm on late (like now) but I get many errors when trying to post on the site. I used to report the errors but that in itself was a chore that, I feel, got me nowhere. At first it was the same error but they've begun to mix it up a bit. I even got an "incorrect verb" error once. What the heck is that?

I know, from the reports here, that, like you, I don't encounter as many problems as some users but I've scaled back my time here quite a bit lately. It's too frustrating.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 429
Points 8,695
Sabrina replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 2:31 AM

Kris, you bring up a good point. I am also usually on late at night because I work nightshift. Sounds like the problems my stem from server overload, in which case they definitely need to do something about that. It is a shame that everyone can't get on and enjoy the site at the same time. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,840
Points 366,242
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 2:59 AM

Yeah Sabrina. I think the powers that be identified server issues but this has been going on much too long without a solution.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 9:06 AM

Sabrina and Kris ,I to use DSL  and  It doesn't seem to make a difference . wheather I'm on my laptop or my pc. this has just been going on to long and  the owners of the server need to fix it.  6 mos has been long enough.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 9:24 AM

I have to agree completely with you Barbara. It has gone on too long. I have quit trying to post very much because it is too much of a hassle. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. About half the time I try to load the site and it isn't even available. I wish I would have known these issues existed before I purchased my membership, but as usual I jump first and ask questions later. I guess that's my bad, but if they don't get it fixed by my time to renew ... I won't.

Page 1 of 3 (34 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use