Top 10 Posters

SECRET SANTA PACKAGES RECEIVED AND PICTURES IF YOU WANT TO!!!

Page 13 of 19 (275 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 274 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 11:31 PM

Belfry

I think the gift that you sent is fantastic.  I would never expect a roll of batting and the quilt blocks are so neat.   I would love every item in that box and feel very loved by receiving it.   Never consider the number of things sent only that they are sent with love.   I do agree with Thea that it is much easier to make a large gift if you start collecting items that are on sale throughout the year.  That way you always have gifts available when the need arises.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 11:38 PM

The only thing I felt bad about when sending my gift was that I couldn't do a handmade item justice when I was doing the gift.   I usually try to do a table topper or runner, or placemats, hotpads, mug rugs or something to go in my gift box.  However this year I really couldn't piece things very well and I wasn't sending someone a poorly made item when I know that I can do better.   Maybe this year I will keep SS gifts in mind through the year and make up several little items.

Everyone has done an amazing job....I haven't seen one package that I wouldn't have been over the moon to recieve.   Love all of you and your Christmas spirit.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

chocake2:
From the looks of things, everybody got a small mountain of goodies

I agree CC, all the gifts looked wonderful and you could tell that they were heartfelt, what a great SS exchange!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Angele:
Thank you all for the nice birthday wishes.

I missed that it was your BD, hope it is not too late to say Happy Birthday!  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

MNnancy:
I'm glad you turned around!  This was not a day to be driving in Minnesota.  We've had freezing rain and slush dropping from the skies all day.  

I totally agree, it is never a good day to travel when the roads are icy. Better to be safe, I'm so glad you turned around Angele.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 12:48 AM

Kris:

Belfrybat:
Here is a pic of what I sent to Chicago Singer -- certainly not as many items as some of you sent, but this is my first year and haven't much of a stash yet (both fabrics and notions). I'm sure next year I will do better.

There really is no need for anyone to feel that what he/she sent is inadequate. I felt that the joy of getting a package with surprises inside was the point of this whole thing. It was really great to read the feedback as everyone posted. All this promising to do better next time is depressing.

Kris,

The only thing im trying for next year is better organised and finding more time you know 13 hours to my day instead of just 12.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 12:57 AM

Nana:

Frances

What are the sweet treats in the pic.  I can make out the sunflower seeds but not the others.  Some great fabrics.  I think it would be really neat to receive fabrics from other countries.  I feel sure that there are different lines in each country.  I am glad that you had the chance to share this wonderful gift with your mom.  Have a very merry Christmas and if you should go a wassailing say a toast for me.

Nana, They are Cherry mash, and i havent tried them yet, there might be different fabric lines in some countries but not that i have found in ours i have looked and looked although saying that ive just found a company that makes British scissors and i never knew they existed so i will keep on trying and hopefully something will turn up.

Wassailing where on earth did that come from i dont think no one goes Wassailing since Charles Dickens was a lad, oh maybe in very few places in the country.

Nana you continue to surprise and amaze me:)

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 1:04 AM

Nana:

Belfry

I think the gift that you sent is fantastic.  I would never expect a roll of batting and the quilt blocks are so neat.   I would love every item in that box and feel very loved by receiving it.   Never consider the number of things sent only that they are sent with love.   I do agree with Thea that it is much easier to make a large gift if you start collecting items that are on sale throughout the year.  That way you always have gifts available when the need arises.

Nana,

I have to say i am already planning next years Christmas hopefully to get a lot of handmade stuff done, I have just brought a Knitting board as well so hopefully i will take to that better than knitting, i really want to try and get more stuff done thoughout the year for peoples Christmas present. Maybe i need a Christmas thoughout the year group.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
I wish I knew how include the post I'm referring to in my post, but suffice it to say: Belfrybat, your gifts were beautiful, and I feel so blessed at having you as my SS. Please don't second guess what you sent me, they were ALL lovely and it was obvious that you spent a lot of time thinking each out, to make sure I liked them! That's what makes them and you so special to me! Thank you!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,476
Points 244,327
Thea replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 6:12 AM

I love my toilet paper!  teehee!  It does and always will put a smile on my face!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 7:18 AM

Yep Thea,

I think your toilet paper probably takes first place on the unusual gifts and although im planning my gifts for next year i dont think im up to working on toilet paper.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,476
Points 244,327
Thea replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 7:46 AM

Frances, In times like what the USA and the world are going through right now - having the ability to smile is the greatest thing next to the Lord and prayer.  The toilet paper sets right in front of my TV on the table - DH and I just smile with wonderful memories when we look at it.  I know that Kathy could not know what giving me this would do - but someone's hand guided her and I choose to believe that it was my Lord.  He works in very mysterious ways.  I know he guides anyone who asks him too and I for one need his guidance all the time... but I still make mistakes... I am glad for the fact that Jesus came and died so that I could be relieved for those sins that I have committed when I repent.  

And I truly love to smile!  Thank you Kathy!  She did send some other more traditional gifts... although I haven't opened up but the ones so far that my sniffy dogs poked at and opened up - they loved their gifts and on Christmas morning I know I will love the rest of mine.  I have a beautiful towel that wasn't wrapped all about hot chocolate which is a monring staple for me and some yummy peanut butter fudge... just a little piece and it is going to last me for days and days... yummy!!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 17,545

chocake2:

Did you folks think to set a price cap on what you're spending on each other?? Maybe say don't spend more then X amount.  Or how about donating your time or a quick throw to a charity of the the recievers choice??

The guidelines said to estimate the cost of 2-1/2 - 3 yards of fabric.  Some did much more but that was their choice.  And I didn't mean to offend anyone by saying I will do better next year.  What I meant by that is this time next year I'll have more of a stash (both fabrics and notions) built up so will have more to draw from.  

Brigit-Carol

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Kris:

Brandy,

can I come live with you? It didn't even get to 24 here.

But of course!  I moved south just so I could be part of warm more often than cold.  Funny, 4 years ago we were freezing and on Christmas day we got about a foot of snow.  It lasted a few days even!  My friend and I had a snow ball fight, in which I slipped in mud, landed on my butt, lost my phone in the snow, but had a blast.  My son was inside watching us play like children, content on being warm.  :)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 8:46 AM

Thea,

I love to smile all the time too, should i send you my CDof Hawaiian christmas carols that makes us smile all the time:)

lots of love

Francesxx

Page 13 of 19 (275 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use