Top 10 Posters

SECRET SANTA PACKAGES RECEIVED AND PICTURES IF YOU WANT TO!!!

Page 12 of 19 (275 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 274 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 434
Points 6,955
Mz M replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 2:21 PM

THANK YOU Thea for all of your hard work! You made this SS exchange a huge success. Can't wait for next year and you can be sure I am going to start shopping now! Again, thank you Thea!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,416
Points 62,210
Bonita replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 4:29 PM

Happy Birthday Angele, enjoy your day.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,839
Points 352,742
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 6:37 PM

Belfrybat:
Here is a pic of what I sent to Chicago Singer -- certainly not as many items as some of you sent, but this is my first year and haven't much of a stash yet (both fabrics and notions). I'm sure next year I will do better.

There really is no need for anyone to feel that what he/she sent is inadequate. I felt that the joy of getting a package with surprises inside was the point of this whole thing. It was really great to read the feedback as everyone posted. All this promising to do better next time is depressing.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,416
Points 62,210
Bonita replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 6:54 PM

Kris:

Belfrybat:
Here is a pic of what I sent to Chicago Singer -- certainly not as many items as some of you sent, but this is my first year and haven't much of a stash yet (both fabrics and notions). I'm sure next year I will do better.

There really is no need for anyone to feel that what he/she sent is inadequate. I felt that the joy of getting a package with surprises inside was the point of this whole thing. It was really great to read the feedback as everyone posted. All this promising to do better next time is depressing.

I agree with you Kris. I was thrilled with what my SS sent me and there is no need for anyone to try to do better. As long as they went with the guidelines everythings good. JMHO.

replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:12 PM

I agree I loved what my SS gave me, it was just what I had hoped for.  I won't apologies for what I gave from my heart. We all do things differently, we all have our own ways. It isn't about cost or how much, I think everyone did great, why can't that be enough?   If you put effort and love and thought into your gifts then you all did great!  Thank you again Thea.   It was a wonderful experience for me, I will do it again next year, the same way I did this year.  No more and no less.. Just from my heart, because it makes me feel good and happy to make someone else happy!   Happy Holidays everyone.... 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:20 PM

I agree with you Kris.  The fact that someone thought of me and pick stuff for me is amazing! I see everything and every thought put into the gift. I appreciate it. So much.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,038
Points 108,695
chocake2 replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 8:09 PM

Good Gracious, how can any one of you think that you didn't send enough!!?? From the looks of things, everybody got a small mountain of goodies -  far more then I' would ever expect if I'd participated, That's for certain!  Some of those packages are just mind boggling in their wonderful content! Gosh, If i'd signed on, I'd have anticipated maybe getting a nice pair of snips and a sweet card... and would have sent out much the same.

Did you folks think to set a price cap on what you're spending on each other?? Maybe say don't spend more then X amount.  Or how about donating your time or a quick throw to a charity of the the recievers choice??

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 8:11 PM

Everyone has been so blessed to receive and be able to give to others.  This has been an amazing group to share with over the holidays.  I do hope that we don't compare everything and put $ signs, it usually is more fun to give then receive, at least in my opinion.  Merry Christmas everyone and look forward to joining in again next year.

Happy Birthday Angele.  Hope it was a good day.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,941
Points 234,207
Thea replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 8:18 PM

chocake2:
Did you folks think to set a price cap on what you're spending on each other?? Maybe say don't spend more then X amount.
CC in all honesty I didn't spend that much money - I see sales on all the time and if I like it I usually buy 2 of the item - one for me and one for a pay it forward gift.  Then sometimes I buy things in bulk to get a lower price on the items - I don't think anyone should be looking at any of these gifts in the monetary sense.  They were given from the heart to the recipients - the only requirement was that the cost of the gifts minimum was the price of 2 1/2 yards of fabric.  

If monetary thoughts are going into this, I wish they would stop - this was just supposed to be a fun thing to do - and something to brighten up a person's Christmas.  If it can't be done in that vein, then I don't think I want to ever participate again.  I think the conversation in that vein needs to stop - please.  

This was a fun Program and that is all it was!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 9:15 PM

Thank you all for the nice birthday wishes.  We never made it to Bemidji.  About halfway there, we hit a very icy road...like a skating rink.  We both decided to turn around.  We went toa local restaurant, came home.  I sewed ,made supper, talked on the phone with family and friends, and am now baking for Christmas.  It is snowing outside.  It looks like a Christmas scene, the snow falling gently, no wind.  Good for snowmen building...hmmm, maybe that is what I should do after baking.  I mean at 54 I still enjoy building snowmen and walks in the snow.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 9:47 PM

Angele:
We never made it to Bemidji.  About halfway there, we hit a very icy road...like a skating rink.  We both decided to turn around.

I'm glad you turned around!  This was not a day to be driving in Minnesota.  We've had freezing rain and slush dropping from the skies all day.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Angele:
 Good for snowmen building...hmmm, maybe that is what I should do after baking.

Definitely glad you turned around, but I will have to say that at 32, I do NOT enjoy walks in the snow...snowmen building is done by the lively child and I sit back and laugh and giggle while tossing the odd snowball.

Then again, it was 75* here in Texas today.  Not exactly snow friendly.  :)

Post pics of the snowman if you build him!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,839
Points 352,742
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 11:06 PM

MNnancy:
We've had freezing rain and slush dropping from the skies all day.

We'll be getting that tomorrow into Monday. Too bad I live so close to work. They'll expect me to show up. DH already knows he has the day off.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,839
Points 352,742
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 11:17 PM

Brandy:
Then again, it was 75* here in Texas today.  Not exactly snow friendly.  :)

Brandy,

can I come live with you? It didn't even get to 24 here.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 11:26 PM

Frances

What are the sweet treats in the pic.  I can make out the sunflower seeds but not the others.  Some great fabrics.  I think it would be really neat to receive fabrics from other countries.  I feel sure that there are different lines in each country.  I am glad that you had the chance to share this wonderful gift with your mom.  Have a very merry Christmas and if you should go a wassailing say a toast for me.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 12 of 19 (275 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use