Top 10 Posters

SECRET SANTA PACKAGES RECEIVED AND PICTURES IF YOU WANT TO!!!

Page 9 of 19 (275 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 274 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 6:39 AM

Just a word Last year my SS giftee lived in Australia and it took over a month for hers to get to her and I had mailed mine a week early of the deadline.  You would not believe the route it took. around the world.  Just give it time ladies they will arrive. I'm sure all the countries are being hit hard right now .  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,470
Points 48,020
Angele replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 7:08 AM

My  friend in International Falls told me I got two parcels there.  One has to be for birthdays, the other...we'll find out as I'm picking them up tonight as I'm going to see the Hobbit with friends.  I will let you know what it is when I get home.  I had mine tracked and it said there was a problem, and hadn't left I Falls, but when I phoned, they said everything was fine and it got delivered early too!  

But I guess we have to remember that once we give it over to the post office we have no control over it,

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 724
Points 18,150

Brandy:

Francis - Same here.  I posted on the 5th, from USA to Canada and my SS hasn't posted that it was received either.  I didn't have the ability to put a tracker on it, so I really just hope it gets there and customs didn't decide it was an early Christmas gift to them.

I think I'll send mine is July next year as well.

Brandy

I mail international a lot.  If you used the green Customs form, the tracking number is on the top above the white section.  Just write that number down (or take a photocopy) and you use that to track.  On the long form, I believe it is on the upper right corner (or maybe the left?).  You should have a copy of that form.  If not and you live in a small town, call the Post Office and they can give you the number. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,362
Points 20,480

Oh. My. Goodness.  I got my secret santa package today.  WOW!!!  I am without a doubt the happiest girl in the world.  I actually got home early from work today because they were doing construction at my office... and since I got home, I've been opening gifts and looking at everything.  I just realized that that was a couple hours ago, so I realized that I should get online and let you know that I received it so that you can stop worrying.    Wow!!!  Candis, I am just grinning from ear to ear and have been for a couple hours now.  Wow!!!  This is just beyond words.  I have been taking photos and will post them shortly - there are LOTS of photos!  Candis, I wish you could know how happy you've made me, but there aren't enough words to say.  I will post in more detail with the photos, which are forthcoming.  Wow!  I am so excited.  OK, more soon.  For now, just know that I got and am the happiest girl in the world.  :D

Raleigh, NC

replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 4:01 PM

Carolyn :

Oh. My. Goodness.  I got my secret santa package today.  WOW!!!  I am without a doubt the happiest girl in the world.  I actually got home early from work today because they were doing construction at my office... and since I got home, I've been opening gifts and looking at everything.  I just realized that that was a couple hours ago, so I realized that I should get online and let you know that I received it so that you can stop worrying.    Wow!!!  Candis, I am just grinning from ear to ear and have been for a couple hours now.  Wow!!!  This is just beyond words.  I have been taking photos and will post them shortly - there are LOTS of photos!  Candis, I wish you could know how happy you've made me, but there aren't enough words to say.  I will post in more detail with the photos, which are forthcoming.  Wow!  I am so excited.  OK, more soon.  For now, just know that I got and am the happiest girl in the world.  :D

I am so relieved you got it finally! Made me cry!  I was so afraid you would think you were forgotten!  Anything but!!  I do hope you enjoy everything! It was so much fun shopping, and making  things for you.  We really don't celebrate Christmas that much. Kids and grandkids are all scattered over the map.  I order their gifts online. So doing this for one special person was just what I needed to help me through the season.   It was a true pleasure, I wish you and your family a very happy Holiday!!!   Don't know why this has made me so emotional, but you receiving this was so important to me!!  I am thrilled you are happy, you deserve that!  Oh and Happy Birthday early!   

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 5:14 PM

I just wanted you all to know I recieved this wonderful Christmas card in the mail today,I 'm not sure where it came from as there is o return address and I can't read the postmark o the enevlope.  To who ever sent it ,you have made my year.  LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,362
Points 20,480

Got home early from work today to a giant, heavy package by the door.  When I saw the return address, I was nervous and excited.  Candis did something really sweet for me recently and we recently had a little conversation about secret santas... I'm realizing now what she must have been thinking that whole time.  :)

Loralei has claimed it for her own...

1st look..  Pretty blue paper and a very sweet, heartfelt card.  Brought tears to my eyes.

Lots of beautifully-wrapped presents inside!  Yes, that IS a moda jelly roll!  All those teas sound delicious!

This next part is hard... Over the next couple hours, I am grinning ear to ear like a silly little girl.. I probably sent 20 text messages/chat messages to my husband... OMG - it's that book I've been wanting!  And a special tool to go with it!  The ruler I was just saying I need for paper piecing!  Wow!!!  Remember that fabric I told you about with the trees?! All this pretty aqua!  Have you ever heard of bacon popcorn?  Look at this posh new rotary cutter!  I'm glad he wasn't in a meeting or something, because I don't think I would have been able to stand it without someone to gush to the whole time I was opening.

I started with the puppy package first, of course, because they would not have allowed to have it any other way.  Then I moved through the others, saving birthday for last, of course, since my birthday is technically after Christmas (although I never could have actually waited *that* long to open it).  Folks, there were 100 pictures, so I've tried to find a way to post everything... I made a little picasa collage.  This is NOT everything, since if I added everything, the photos started to get too small.. just a random assortment.

Here's a shot with almost everything in it (minus some dog stuff which had already been claimed and the birthday gift):

Hours after I started, there was still one gift unopened.  A large package beautifully wrapped in aqua fabric, with a gorgeous bow made out of tons of neatly-cut fabric strips.  This one Candis mentioned in her card was for my birthday (Dec 31) and she mentioned that she hoped it reminded me of my grandmother with a modern flair...  I debated waiting until my birthday to open this, but I just could not resist.  My curiosity was killing me.  It was a jaw-dropping, stunningly beautiful log cabin quilt.  My favorite colors and paisley, which I *love*.  WOW.  It's free motion quilted in a swirly meander that reminds me of waves.  Truly perfect in every way.  I love it!!!!  It's my new favorite quilt. I'll take more photos when my husband is home and can help, but here is the gist:

Candis, I am beyond words with gratitude.  Thank you SO much.  These gifts will bring me joy for years to come and I'll think of you all the time when I'm using them.  Your kindness knows no bounds!  I am inspired.  I am really looking forward to knowing you through the RR and other things to come.  It's 6:30 here (4.5 hours since I got home) and I am still grinning ear to ear like a little girl on Christmas morning.  This could not have been better.  I am the luckiest girl in the world right now.  Thank you SO SO much!!!!!

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,362
Points 20,480

Barbara - I just saw your Mark Harmon card.  Lol.  That's great.  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 5:55 PM

Carolyn, what a great SS you had, you recieved some beautiful gifts there and the quilt is fantastic.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Nana, I had my hands all over my SS present from you ! Oh, everything was just perfect!!!!!!!!! Love it all! Pictures to be posted later. Thank you, Nana

MelodyP

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 145
Points 1,895
Denise replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 7:20 PM

Wow, what presents.  What a cute Loralei too!  I love looking a everyone's gifts.  This is great fun.

Denise

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 7:35 PM

Looks like santa was really good to everyone.  It's been fun 'watching" everyone get their

ss packages, and "hear" all the  happy cries of pure excitement.  Merry Christmas Everyone!!

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,307
Points 20,790
KATHY replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 7:36 PM

Barbara,

Looks like Santa knew exactly what was on your LIST.  You really need to frame that one lol

CLEVELAND, TEXAS

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Barbara, 

That card is just too funny. I'm pretty sure it is from Mark.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 8:09 PM

Carolyn :
This could not have been better.  I am the luckiest girl in the world right now.  Thank you SO SO much!!!!!

Nice haul there Carolyn. You did good Candis.

Page 9 of 19 (275 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use