rated by 0 users
This post has 133 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 4:37 PM

Linda:

Thank you Barbara! I received Box 2 of 2.......you mean there's more!!!! I'm overwhelmed with everything you gave me. I think I like the daily journal the best...maybe I'll actually do it! I haven't read Christy but I have all the movies and I love them. Thank you. Love, love the 2013 quilt calendar. Of course, fabrics are always nice and wonderful. Indy sniffed them all and gave his approval (a lick). Love the apron too. I received an autumn apron on my birthday. I'm trying to figure out how to make them in such a way that I don't have to reach behind me to tie them. My arms don't  go behind my back to tie. If you can think of a way I will have these aprons made in a flash. I know I didn't mention everything, but I thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara.  Many hugs from Linda & Indy

LInda ,yeah there is one more box , hope you get it tomorrow ,it got sent to the wrong zip code by the PO  not me.  and had to redirect it.  I could not get it all in the one box.  You'll know  why when you get it .. I'm so happy you liked.  the christy book is much better then the shows were and is the orginial story.  I love it ... Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,363
Points 242,372
Thea replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 4:44 PM

I am hoping a lot more boxes get delivered today!  I am staying pretty close to the computer as I want everyone to be happy this Christmas - I have sent out a couple emails just cuz those SS's haven't been online - so far all have responded so am hoping that all recipients get gifts.  I will take care of any that don't though so don't be afraid that you are going to miss out... may take me a few days to get any extra packages in the mail as I will have to pull up your SS lists and find out what you like etc... but have no fear the Wonder Secret Santa Lady will come to the rescue - (pssst - hoping this doesn't  have to be done...teeeheee)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 4:57 PM

. I gave my thank you's to my darlin' Santa on Secret Santa 2012 I need to add (I think) my fabric: KANSAS TROUBLES...My FAVE,  a Harvet Moon layer cake. Love me some cake!!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 4:58 PM

Sukochi, WOW ,nice things ,love the thimble.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,743
Points 364,857
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 6:01 PM

Thea and those still waiting my package was picked up this AM. It's on it's way.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,743
Points 364,857
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 6:07 PM

Sukochi,

that's a beautiful hand you have there. Hand modelling would suit you. Love the thimble at your bracelet.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Wow Sukochi, what a great package, I bet you are having fun with all your goodies!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 8:21 PM

I've been watching the SS goings on with baited breath, just itching to see what all ever'body got...but one package in particular has held me hostage. Someone very special asked me to make one of her prescious gifts for the exchange (What an honor!!).  When I learnd who it was for, I knew it was an answer to my prayers! I've been hanging onto an item that needed to go to her gift-y for some time, just knowing that somehow it would get where it needed to go, despite me not having an address...  And what do you know? Santa delivered it for me!! Thanks, Angele!!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 8:24 PM

C.C., you are a hoot. And, did I mention talented????  Did you see the picture of my beautiful hand? I was displaying the work of a infamous glass blower, roller, kinda artist. By the way, how DO you do that?

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 8:52 PM

Barbara and Frances

You can both forget about Mark Harmon .   He is coming to my house to help me recuperate.  And this is one person that I am not willing to share....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 8:57 PM

Everyone has received some wonderful gifts.   Sukochi that thimble is gorgeous....I am a little jealous....  you enjoy.

Here is my wonderful gifts.  And there is a pattern for a weave quilt from keepsake to use with the fabrics.  It will be my next quilt to start.....that is after I finish some of the ones already in various stages of completion....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 8:57 PM

Nana:

Barbara and Frances

You can both forget about Mark Harmon .   He is coming to my house to help me recuperate.  And this is one person that I am not willing to share....ROFLOL

But NaNa you would have to use your hands!!  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,363
Points 242,372
Thea replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 9:09 PM

I think Mark is too busy with his wife...teehee... after she got done with Mork - Mark was a piece of cake for her.... NCIS - yummy.... great picture candy...teehee

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,363
Points 242,372
Thea replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 9:11 PM

Nana - can't wait to see that weave quilt that sounds very interesting.  Billy had to build your package twice... so sweet of him and I hope he got his gift it was sent over a week ago but no word yet from him.  

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 9:12 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Did you see the picture of my beautiful hand?
I sure did! It tickled me no end. Thank you!
LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
how DO you do that?
 I Play with FIRE, Baby!! 

Actually, the process is called Lampworking, and while it is simular to glass blowing, it is not the same. Escentially, I melt glass at very high tempertures (think 1500+/-  degrees) and shape it on mandrels (metal rods) to make beads. I have a special mandrel for making the thimbles (I am not very good at them yet. They take a lot of glass, a lot of time and a lot of patience). I work with what is called "soft glass" and I use the most basic torch availible for the process  fueled with propane. I was told when I started that I couldn't run my torch with an fuel other then the one perscribed (MaPP gas-- very expensive stuff) but have had good luck with the arrangement I have, even if it's not the norm. I've also been told that my torch is too finicky to make anything but the most basic round beads....  Hmmm. I'll keep that in mind.

I got into it when I wanted a special bead for an art quilt. DD was really into beading at the time so I spent a lot of time helping her with her jewelry hobby. Anyway, she had a chance to take a bead-making class from one of the ladies here in town...but the instructor refused to accept her in the adult class without a parent present (go figure -- kids + fire??) So, reluctantly, I signed on and figured that if nuthing else maybe I'd  be able to re-create that one bead I wanted...  I confess. It was an instant addiction. Once that torch flared, I was done for! It's a mesmerizing hobby and  I find it very relaxing. Best of all, I can combine it with quilting!  The best of 2 worlds! 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 8 of 9 (134 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use