Page 3 of 9 (134 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 133 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 1:16 PM

Oh, that's why Karla sent me the fabric. I read the card and to Jim, "Isn't that sweet. Karla put fabric in her Christmas cards." Well, DUH!!!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Thea, I feel so bad about jump starting your heart but I am so glad it was easily solved. While all this is going on all I could think of was to be prepared for next year with extra goodies stashed so I could put together a nice SS package if need be. I love this time of year and I love to give, esp. the unexpected kind. I am not worried about when I get mine, it will come exactly when it is suppose to. Merry Ho Ho!

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,457
Points 243,887
Thea replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 2:15 PM

Melody - thank you - you are a real sweetheart.  My heart needs these little jumps believe me.  I make so many mistakes but this time I was sure I had checked that list twice and made sure that I sent out the right names - and I did actually in the beginning send 2 names to one person - but it got handled right at the beginning... I have no problems owning up to my mistakes...teehee... I am God's little imperfection who tries every day to become more perfect.

And now to add to all that - My Package arrived today and Kathy you have a wonderful sense of humor - I opened up the box but haven't opened the wrapped presents yet - the one that is there for me to see just had me laughing - Mom will have an extra roll of toilet paper - teehee - thank you so so very much - I am going to open up my gifts before Christmas which I normally don't do but am going to do it this time and will post a picture later of all my goodies - I just wanted to tell Kathy that this is just wonderful -oh I saw the peanut butter fudge too as it wasn't wrapped up - so those pounds I lost will be finding there way back - that is okay too... Oh this is so much fun!!!  

I hope everyone has a smile on their face today!!!  quilty hugz to all... 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

Thea, as you're working on checking off lists and preparing yourself to worry about who didn't get what, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for all your hard work on this project.  I've had a lot of fun already stalking my giftee and shopping for her.  I'm looking forward to seeing all the pictures of what everyone else did.  We all appreciate your making this possible for us.

My package that I mailed yesterday via priority mail just departed the sort facility in my home town today.  I'm not real sure I trust that it will be delivered many states away tomorrow, but the expected delivery still says Dec 7, so we'll see.  

I have another package that went out via priority mail on Monday and that package is already behind by one day, so it's possible that the PO is already getting behind because of the holiday season...

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 3:16 PM

Departed the facility in Nashville, TN headed north west of there. Yee Haw, it's a comin'..

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 3:20 PM

THEA, WE ALL THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR SANTA SUITS....ER.....HEARTS.  YOU WORKED SO HARD AND ARE THE BEST.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,457
Points 243,887
Thea replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 4:11 PM

You are all very welcome - but I really didn't do anything except take the lead from the women who came before me.  

Gosh - I feel like one of the 3 stooges - going - I really didn't do anything...teehee... my brain sure does work in ridiculous ways...

I showed DH the open box from Kathy and he just started laughing...

Toilet paper has been a very big funny in our family since DH and I got together...

His Mom and Pop were coming to visit us - they hadn't met me yet after Jay and I got married so they were coming to check me out... We were low on toilet paper and I had told him to pick some up on his way home.  He forgot - His Mom was in the bathroom and you can figure out the rest... well we went out to Mom's for Christmas that year and my silly sense of humor got the best of me - I went to Sam's and bought one of those big big packages of toilet paper in Christmas designs... wrapped it up and gave it to my MIL for Christmas - she opened it and just busted up - then looked at me and asked me if I was afraid that she would treat me how she had been treated at my house - and I told her the thought had crossed my mind... we laughed for years about it... God rest her soul she left us in 2002 but we still laugh about that toilet paper - then my Mom comes to live with us and we go through roll after roll - how one person can use so much I have no idea - but I know it happens... so Jay and I are smiling - big smiles... oh this is just tooooooooooooooooooooo funny!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 478
Points 6,090

Hi,

my package went out today because yesterday I was sick. Of course is heading North, being that I am defenetly the southern most quilter in the group. Post office said it should get there in 2 or 3 days, but since is not going too far (hint) maybe two are enough!

Isabella

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 4:29 PM

No, Mel was not my giftee for the Secret Santa...I'm sure she's just getting the fabric for my Birthday Block.  

My Secret Santa gift is on it's way and should arrive South East from me on Friday as it departed Reno, NV during the middle of the night.  My giftee should know the unwrapped item on the top of the package is a gift that my 7 year old grandson insisted on including...he's so cute and so very generous.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 6:00 PM

I mailed mine yesterday, headed North, should be there in couple of days. I received mine on Tuesday  and as gifts were not wrapped, couldnt help seeing everything. Hope my box gets to my gifttee safely, and she is happy with it.        Susan

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 680
Points 17,070

Well, with the packages on their way and some even received, where do we post pics -- here or on the main "Santa 2012" thread? 

Brigit-Carol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 8:41 AM

My package is in the giftee hometown. Delivery TODAY.

So, excited to hear of it's delivery arrival and what my Giftee thinks of my choices. This has been so much fun. Hope you llike all. Please let me know it's there.

Santa Baby Sukochi

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 8:45 AM

Thea

Your toilet paper story is just too funny.   And Kathy does have the greatest sense of humor.  I absolutely loved talking with her at the Smokey Mtn retreat.  She is one of those people you just love at first meeting.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 10:35 AM

Nana, I agree she is so funny and has the best stories. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 10:53 AM

My SS package has reached it's destination so hopefully she will get it in today's mail but tomorrow for sure!  It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas......

It only takes buying the first gift to put me in the Christmas spirit. So ya'll sing along now....Have a Holly Jolly Christmas.....

from TN

• | Post Points: 50
Page 3 of 9 (134 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use