Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,570
Donna replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 11:01 PM

Hi Jeanine,  Thank you for your support of the volunteers.  QOV and other groups and organizations have responded to the needs of our veterans, community causes and service projects all around the country.  Most of them are grass roots efforts and the growing results show that we Americans continue to be a compassionate people.  We repeatedly respond to the needs of the communities around us.  I recently saw efforts right here on QCA to get quilts and other supplies to those affected by Super Storm Sandy.  I have faith and think it will continue and grow as long as the need is there and someone is willing to help. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 10:06 AM

Donna - I agree.  We are a compassionate people and we need to continue to look around and see how we as individuals can do something...one thing.  I have run a quilt ministry since 1998 and one thing that overwhelmed me from the beginning is the fact that there is so much need.  Once you start into giving quilts, you realize how many needs there are.  The other overwhelming thing is understanding that the needs of the quilt recipients are far greater than a quilt can solve.  It was hard for me to not get caught up in the bigger problems and feel powerless to solve it.  I have had to realize that I can't cure their illness or build their house back but I can let them know that someone else cares what they are going through with a quilt. 

I am actively working on sending quilts to Sandy Quilt Relief.  I have sent 11 so far and have another 10 in the works (I have others in my group helping.)  That feels like a drop in a bucket, too, compared to the need but we keep on quilting!  It's what we do!!  Thanks for your willingness to be a part of the giving community.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use