Top 10 Posters

Quilters Dream Puff

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 23 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
33 Posts
Points 805
jrcgj posted on Sat, Dec 1 2012 9:40 AM

Has anyone out there ever used this batting (Quilters Dream Puff) I would love to here any reviews on it, and I would love to see any finished quilt pictures using this product so I can see weather it would be the one I want to use. Thanks. 

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Not Ranked
34 Posts
Points 575

I  began doing hand needlework and sewing in 4-H in the late 1960's as a young child and quilting in the mid-late 70's as I began to prepare to go to college.   Back then fabric was cheap and I could make my own comforter and rugs for my dorm room cheaper than I could buy them and we measured with a tape measure and a yard stick using templates and actual geometry tools. No rotary cutters mats or plastic templates existed, but fortunately I had a grandma who planted the seed.   I earned my home economics education degree from Iowa State in 1982 and have been teaching off and on since then in some form or another.  My goal was to be a consumer home economist for the ISU extension service, but getting married to a naval officer took me out of Iowa and opened a whole new avenue of family support services and youth ministry.   I have often wondered if I would have not moved out of Iowa if I would have been able to work with Fons and Porter as they developed their own business or for Better Homes and Gardens as they developed their quilting magazine.  After traveling the word and raising my own children, I now teach as a contract educator for Jo-Ann's Fabrics in Fairview Heights, IL (Metro-East St. Louis) as well as maintain a small studio out of my home.  I mainly quilt things out of recycled fabrics to create memory quilts, memorial teddy bears, T-shirt quilts or neck tie pillows or other meaningful items for families that have lost loved ones.  It isn't the type of ministry I had planned when I attended seminary, but it brings all of my education and scattered life into a sense of wholeness. Here is a picture of the quilt I finished in time for Veteran's Day Sorry this got long, hope it is not TMI.  Debbie

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
33 Posts
Points 805
jrcgj replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 7:53 PM

How do I delete it? 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,344 Posts
Points 126,144

Never too much info Debbie, your quilt is beautiful.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,344 Posts
Points 126,144

jrcgj:

How do I delete it?  

How do you delete what?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,344 Posts
Points 126,144

Sorry jrcgi, I got you.  If you are talking about your email add in your post,  click on More in the upper right hand corner of the post and click on edit and then you can take it out. Give a shout if you need more info. 

Not Ranked
33 Posts
Points 805
jrcgj replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 4:29 AM

I tried it but it is still on. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,760 Posts
Points 247,454

You will need to go to your home page and hit your profile . there should be a whole group of settings .find the one for emails and turn off your emails there. You may need to click on options , can't remember for sure.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,344 Posts
Points 126,144

jrcgj:

you can email me.@atlanticb   I can't wait to see. 

If you are talking about this message (I edited out part of your email in the quote) then you need to go to this message and edit it, don't forget when you have made the edit and taken out the email,  and you have changed everything and it is how you want it, scroll down and click on the post button 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,040 Posts
Points 169,828
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 5:52 PM

Debbie, your quilt is beautiful!

Millbury, MA

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use