Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 12
Points 230
Betty Macpherson-Veitch Posted: Fri, Nov 30 2012 7:04 PM

I am just getting going with quilting after years of doing a quilt every once in a while. It is slow but I have now made one purse and most of the top of a small quilt. The trouble is I want to do it all at once. I have lots of ideas of things I want to try and have signed up for several classes. However even though I am retired I don't seem to have any more time than I did when I was working. Help.I would love to talk to others who are in the same boat.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,923
Points 26,980
Ramona replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 7:07 PM

Betty,

Welcome to the group. I think we are all in that boat retired or not. We never have enough time for quilting. LOL

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,327
Kris replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 7:12 PM

Welcome Betty.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,037
Points 169,813
Marie replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 7:22 PM

Hi Betty, welcome.  I'm sure you'll get many different answers to this dilemma and find many here have the same problem.  Just enjoy yourself and do whatever you can.  Retirement and quilting should be fun.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,952
Thea replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 7:42 PM

Hi, Welcome to QCA.  I can only say that quilting is my first priority after church and family - so I make lots of time for it...teehee... it is all in what you want to do.  I am home 24/7 though as I can't go out much do to body ills... so that may be different for you.  I wish you luck though in scheduling your time to do all you want to do.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Duplicate post

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Hi Betty, it is nice to meet you. I hear you and I do not have an answer for you, I had the same problem when I retired, I seemed to be busier than ever :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 8:18 PM

Spudgrandma:

Hi Betty, it is nice to meet you. I hear you and I do not have an answer for you, I had the same problem when I retired, I seemed to be busier than ever :)

Welcome Betty, I make my quilting a priority. I am excited on my days off, I can't  wait to get up and start. I do my best work very early in the morning.  I make time for me! It's my joy, my relaxation, my passion.  If you have to schedule that time in your day, like say an appt. . Life's to short, you deserve to do something you enjoy.  No regrets!!  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,117
Points 28,385
Wendy replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 8:28 PM

welcome Betty,

I hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do.  Remember to always take time to do for you. It is important.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 9:05 PM

Betty,welcome to the club. I quilt all day .house work waits on me and I do it when I'm in the mood .I am now retired and widowed so I do not have to answer to anyone but me. I start when I get up and sometimes well into the night. don't let anyone one stop you .Its wonderful therapy and keeps me sane. except when it come to buying fabric ..LOL

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,005
Betty, I find quilting, like so many, to be relaxing and creative. Life is too short not to find time for yourself, and all those ideas.... get a spiral notebook and jot down your thoughts. It helps me, I like to put the date I start and thoughts while I'm working on the project and have found that my time was well spent. Plus journalism is always fun. Welcome and enjoy. The Greatest People in the world are quilters!!!!!!! Melody MOKS

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942

Hi Betty, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 4:25 PM

Hi,Betty, just climb right into the boat with the rest of us.  We're a happy crew with lots of ufo's.    welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 4:25 PM

Hi,Betty, just climb right into the boat with the rest of us.  We're a happy crew with lots of ufo's.    welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 9:16 PM

Betty Macpherson-Veitch:
However even though I am retired I don't seem to have any more time than I did when I was working.

Hi Betty.  I understand your predicament completely.  Amazing how busy one can get after retiring!  I'm grateful to have time to do things within my church and community that I never had time for while working, but now those things are taking over my life.  I'm happy if I can get an hour or two in the afternoon for quilting.  Sometimes things quiet down and I can actually quilt for most of the day, but that's not often.  Enjoy whatever quilting time you can eek out, and don't forget to come chat with us here!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use