Page 13 of 14 (204 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 203 Replies | 42 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 7:33 AM

Christine, All I can say is thank you ,this is beauitful . Right now I admit my emotions are somewhat in turmoil as this is the day of her service .this lovely poem will be copied and placed where it can be seen ,thank You so much. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 7:47 AM

Christine, That is beautiful.  It always amazes me how strong we are and able to take the rolls of the waves that life dishes out to us.  I keep wondering when that wave will come that rolls me over and pulls me in like the undertow of the ocean but so far with the Lord's help and the friends he continues to put in my path to help and lead me he keeps me above that undertow.  

I know that since your words helped me so much that they helped Barbara more.  It is a wonderful thing to live and learn each day and continually be touched by those around us and to know that there are wonderful people here to help us on our journeys.  

Thank you!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 8:00 AM

Hi everyone,I just want to let you all know that  today is the day of my mothers service. Right now I'm having a difficult time keeping my emotions under control . I just wish I could have seen her one more time . thank you all so much for your payers and support. in this very difficut time in my life. You have all given me hope and courage to get thru this . I love you all .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 8:14 AM

Ohh Barbara,  Right now I have so much sorrow for you..  I know this is going to be a terribly difficult day for you.  I am sitting here praying for you with tears in my eyes.  I wish there was a church that you could go to right now for some solace. Just know that I am here with you in spirit, and wish I could be there in person.  Never doubt, dear Barbara, that you are loved by all of us and we wish that we could take away some of your pain.   Right now I have so many tears on my glasses and running down my face that I can' see to write anymore.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 8:14 AM

Ohh Barbara,  Right now I have so much sorrow for you..  I know this is going to be a terribly difficult day for you.  I am sitting here praying for you with tears in my eyes.  I wish there was a church that you could go to right now for some solace. Just know that I am here with you in spirit, and wish I could be there in person.  Never doubt, dear Barbara, that you are loved by all of us and we wish that we could take away some of your pain.   Right now I have so many tears on my glasses and running down my face that I can' t see to write anymore.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 8:18 AM

Ginny  I wish I could give you all a hug , but this one will have to do for now (((((((HUG)))))) Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 8:23 AM

Christine,  I did not know the story behind this hymn.  It is even more meaningful to me now.  I have sung part of this song when in times of extreme difficulty myself.    Thank you      Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 8:35 AM

Now Barbara, I just got my glasses cleaned off and my face cleaned and now I am seeing my eyes fill again and tears run down my face.  You are the best!   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,275
Points 173,333
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 9:02 AM

Barbara, with every tear we shed for you comes Gods healing embrace.  We love you and feel the pain you are going through, feel our presence and that love.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 9:18 AM

Barbara. As we pray for you today, I think a great tribute to your Mom, from you, would be to cry.....and dance!!

I am praying ofr you, my dear friend.  Just think of your Mom and Step Dad dancing by God on his throne. What a picture. 

Tomorrow, it is time to live in the memories. Today, celebrate her last trip, to Heaven above.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,327
Points 27,985

Barbara:

Carolyn, thank you ,I know death is hard for most people and when it a violent one it is even harder. I can only hope once this has all settled down, they will understand this. yes I am heartbroken over the passing of my mother and the circumstance of her death,I want to do bodily harm to this person, but I can't let it be like this or my life will have been worth nothing. We all handle grief different. I have learned to do mine in private and I also find that it needs to be talked about ,not hidden in a dark corner and not get it out in the open. This helps no one. I know my mother would have wanted us to talk about her life and be happy for the time we had her here , Not be so solemn and fearful . This is a part of life and no matter how it came about, I have to accept she is gone from us to a better place and has no pain and is happy .  This does not make me cold it makes me human. Barbara 

Barbara, so sorry for your loss.  I wish I could be there with you giving you the support your family refused you.  Their spite will come back to bite them some day as it did my brother.  I don't know why he shunned us so many years - maybe because my father chose to build a house on our farm after my mother's death and refused to go to Chicag with my brother after his health became poor.  He decided to move in with us and we had him for the last 1 1/2 years of his life.  (He lived in his own home on the farm for 17 years),  My brother would only come out 1 day a year around the 4th of July - they visited his wife's family about 50 miles from here and stayed a week!!  When my father was dying, he came on the 2nd of July, my father died about a week or so later, and he refused to come for the funeral.  When he became sick with lung cancer, we were not told because he didn't want to see me.  He died 2 years ago in early December, and we heard of his death with a Christmas card in January. 

I hope and pray your family wakes up sooner than that!  Here comes loads of hugs for you - - - - - I like the idea of you quilting to make something with memories of your mother that you can wrap yourself up in while you remember the good times.  I am sure there were many.  I wish I could be there with you to hug you in person and help you quilt those memories.  I am so sorry I didn't know about your sorrow until today.  We have been "on the road again" all week and I am tired of bouncing in that truck all day.  I slept late this morning then got on the computer only to find a reference to your sad news.  Have been reading here ever since!  If the site hadn't been having problems every night, the only time I have been home, I would probably have known sooner.  Usually after 6 PM I have not been able to get on - - - read most posts in email form.

You need to express your sorrow some how, but do not let it take over your life.  Hopefully your family will come to their senses some day, and then you will be able to reminisce about the "good old days" with your mother.  So happy you got to at least talk to her so recently.  I like the idea of the vision of her and the love of her life dancing together again.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Barbara, even though I do not know you personally that I too am with a tear stained glass seeing to type words of Faith. Loving and Caring by Our Lord Jesus and His Father. Knowing you are loved and cared about by so very many people here on a page in space, may that knowledge bring you peace in the days and months of grieving. A horrific tragedy was a part of our lives here on Thanksgiving Day and a week of mourning was to never end. Somehow, the service was the best thing for me at least, I felt God there and I felt the love in a full church. Christine’s poem sent was a heart breaker, and I thank her for posting that amazing song.

May the Hand of God lead you and your family safely back to your homes. Travel safe with St Christopher.

Prayer to Saint Christopher
St. Christopher's Protection

Dear Saint Christopher,
protect me today
in all my travels
along the road's way.
Give your warning sign
if danger is near
so that I may stop
while the path is clear.
Be at my window
and direct me through
when the vision blurs
From out of the blue.
Carry me safely
to my destined place,
like you carried Christ
in your close embrace.
Amen.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Christine, that song brought tears to my eyes. I have sung it so many times at church but it is so much more meaningful knowing the story behind it. Thank you for posting it. I will go to my hymnal and find that song and keep it foremost in my mind.

Barbara, you have been in my thoughts and prayers today. I hope the day passed with less pain than you were fearing. Love you, my friend.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 7:59 PM

To all my family here and around the world,thank you all so much for being here for me,in this dificult time of my life. My mother has now be honored and laid to rest by those whom loved her, and I know she is at peace. I have had the day to reflect and say my final goodbyes and I am at last at peace my self.  I now need to move on and take care of my own son ,who has also had a bad day and care for him.  I want to tell you all  I'm so blessed to have you in my life and in my heart .Thank you all . Love Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 8:15 PM

Barbara - we love you and I am honored to call you my sister.  If you need anything, I am here.  I may not be feeling all that well but I am here.  Warm fuzzy thoughts for you with virtual quilty hugz.  I have asked the Lord to envelope you in his arms and carry you till you are able to put your feet down and walk on your own.  I have also asked him to envelope Paul in a bubble of good feelings and the warmth to know that he is loved too.  

Page 13 of 14 (204 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use