Sad news from Barbara

Page 12 of 14 (204 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 203 Replies | 42 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105

Barbara,  I just wanted to share my appreciation in how well you're handling this.  You always seem to have a level head and do the right thing.  Wish there were more people like you out there!   Keep hanging on.  You're doing great so far!  <3

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,828
Points 248,709
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 8:56 AM

Carolyn, thank you ,I know death is hard for most people and when it a violent one it is even harder. I can only hope once this has all settled down, they will understand this. yes I am heartbroken over the passing of my mother and the circumstance of her death,I want to do bodily harm to this person, but I can't let it be like this or my life will have been worth nothing. We all handle grief different. I have learned to do mine in private and I also find that it needs to be talked about ,not hidden in a dark corner and not get it out in the open. This helps no one. I know my mother would have wanted us to talk about her life and be happy for the time we had her here , Not be so solemn and fearful . This is a part of life and no matter how it came about, I have to accept she is gone from us to a better place and has no pain and is happy .  This does not make me cold it makes me human. Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,912
Points 40,960
ls2116 replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 9:43 AM

Candis I don't have any thimbleberries fabric what do you suggest.

Quilting My Rainbow

replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 10:09 AM

ls2116:

Candis I don't have any thimbleberries fabric what do you suggest.

I sent you a PM.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,116
Points 29,750
Ramona replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 10:31 AM

Barbara,

I am so sad for your loss.  I will send up prayers for you and your family.  I'm sure they will catch the person who did this. They usually do. I can't imagine what you are going through.

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 894
h202blonde replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 11:21 AM

thea, i'd like to thank you for keeping us all up to date on barbara's journey re her well-being.  i bet when they started qca, they thought it would be a great thing to have a forum where people could exchange ideas about blocks and quilting and fabrics...i wonder if they realized what wonderful friendships would be forged.  thank you for being one of the mainstays here! xo

blondie

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 478
Points 6,090
Isabella replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 12:08 PM

Oh Barbara, 

I am reading this post only now and I am very sorry for your tragic loss. My prayers are with you.

Isabella

Isabella

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 62
Points 1,120
Lindsey replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 12:12 PM

OMG! What a huge huge shock! You must be in such a state! I know I would be!!!

Please take great care of yourself, won't you? I'm sure your Mum would want you to. 

I do hope that you manage to get more information from the police in due course and that the person responsible is made to account for their actions. That is just so horrid!!! What an utter nightmare!

I will pray for you of course and I sincerely hope that you manage to find some peace somewhere. Maybe some quiet time in a church will help. I hope there is one for you and maybe you can find someone there to talk to.

All my warmest hugs and love, Lindsey Norfolk, UK

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 118
Points 3,690

Barbara... Wish I had seen this thread sooner!  I am so very sorry to hear about your motther and also how you were treated!  My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family!  God Bless!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,828
Points 248,709
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 3:22 PM

I want to again thank you all for your love and support. I wish I could express how it makes me feel to know you all care. I have made my peace with my mother and I know she is happy and in heaven where she should be,dancing with the love of her life, Frank.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 5,100
Annette replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 3:44 PM

Barbara -

So sad to hear about your loss.   My heart and prayers go out to your family.   I hope it get resolved to bring you some peace.   Please take care.   Many virtual hugs.

Annette

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 341
Points 7,235

Isn't it odd that often the people who know us best are our virtual friends and close friends, not our "family". It is a shame our family doesn't take the time and effort to know the real us. I am sorry for the loss of your Mother and for the way you were treated when you went to Indiana. You know who your real friends are, they are QCA. Continued prayers for your healing and dealing with all involved. I hope when the person responsible is found, you will be able to forgive, but hold your Mother's memory close to your heart and understand they need to be held responsible for what they have done. I am sure they are in torment for what they have done and know they will eventually be caught. Forgiveness will bring you peace, their getting the punishment they deserve will give them a chance to have peace also. Hugs sweet lady!! You loved your Mother, your Family, and they should love you, but remember, friends are sometimes more family than family is.

I know it will take time, but I hope you can post a new post "Good News from Barbara" as time progresses. God bless you!

Kathy

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 12:09 AM

Everyone, I have been away for a week due to a death in our family (DH's sister) we had to go to Illinois.  Today was the first time I've been able to get on QCA, and found this thread.  So sorry for your loss, Barbara, and hope things will get better for you as the days  go by.  It's tough to lose someone and even worse under the circumstances like this.  My DSIL was very old and very sick and she passed quietly at home as she wished. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 20
Shirley replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 1:03 AM

Dear Barbara

I am so very sorry for your loss. Know that all of your quilting sisters are praying for you and your family at this time.

Shirley in AZ

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 240
Points 4,335

Barbara, you're going to be facing some tough emotions the next few weeks, I'm praying for you and when those tough times hit I think you should get on here to read, and re-read the posts in this thread. 

The sorrow and grief process is like standing in the waves at the ocean.  Just when you think you're over it, wham, you get hit by another wave.  I love the song "When peace like a river".  It was written by Horatio Spafford, who lived in Chicago.  His only son died in 1871 at the age of four, and several months after the death of his son, the great Chicago fire destroyed everything he owned, ruining him financially.  2 yrs later he made plans to travel to Europe with his wife and four daughters, but in a late change of plans, due to zoning problems with the business he was trying to rebuild, he decided to send his family ahead to Europe, planning to follow later on another ship. 

While crossing the Atlantic, the ship his family was on sank rapidly after a collision with another ship.  All of his remaining children died.  His wife survived and sent him a telegram "Saved.... alone."  As Spafford traveled by ship to meet his grieving wife, he reached the area where his daughters had died and he wrote this song, When peace like a river, attendeth my way, When sorrows like sea billows roll...

The devastating loss he dealt with, all happening within 2 years, and yet he was able to pen such a beautiful song, a testimony of his faith.  I'm always in awe when I sing that song.  It brings me such comfort...

It Is Well With My Soul

When peace like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Refrain:
It is well, (it is well),
With my soul, (with my soul)
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:
If Jordan above me shall roll,
No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life,
Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.

But Lord, 'tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,
The sky, not the grave, is our goal;
Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord!
Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul.

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/americancolony/amcolony-family.html
pictures of the Spafford family

• | Post Points: 80
Page 12 of 14 (204 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use