Top 10 Posters

Sad news from Barbara

Page 11 of 14 (204 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 203 Replies | 42 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,455
Points 40,810
Mimi replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 4:22 PM

Barbara,

I just wanted to tell you I'm glad you are safely home and okay about the family situation.  I do know how hurtful these situations can be.  My Mom passed 18 years ago.  My sister treated me as it seems your sister treated you.  We have been estranged for that long and she lives about 15 minutes from where I live.  Just his summer my sister finally apologized for her behavior, claiming the problems between us to be of her making and asked for forgiveness.  The time will come when things will be rectified for you and your son. You are taking care of yourself....that's the best thing you can do.  Hugs dear friend.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,372
Points 175,018
Marie replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 4:48 PM

Barbara, glad you are back home safe and sound with your son.  Also glad you had that last conversation with your mom.  The thought that she and your step father are now dancing together is a beautiful one.  Keep those happy thoughts and let the rest go.  You are very much loved by all of us.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 309
Points 26,595

Barbara, so sorry that I have been off line and did not hear of your loss until this evening.

To add to the terrible loss is the way you were treated when you arrived "home".

Please know that you are and will continue to be in my prayers. 

The loss of your mother is a loss with no compare.  I fear the day I will lose my own mother.  There were years when my mom and I were not as close as we should have been.  Thankfully, we have been able to become closer and spend precious time together.  Your last call sounds wonderful and you will always have that to hold on to until the day you are reunited in Heaven.

It is the unfortunate loss of your biological family that they were unable to grieve with you.  God only gives us one family and it so sad when that family cannot come together at a time of loss.  They are the ones who are losing out because of their behavior. 

On a good note, your chosen family here on QCA will not desert you and know that we are here for you in whatever way possible.

God will heal this pain and while you grieve, please lean on your maker.  He loves you and knows exactly what you need.  Trust that all that has happened has been for a purpose and will be for the best.

Darlene

from Western New York

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 5:18 PM

Welcome Home Barbara

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,380

Barbara,  so sorry for your loss, you are definitely in my prayers.  

Thinking of you

Janis

Janis

TN

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 115
Points 2,475
Clare replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 7:48 PM

Barbara, glad to hear you are home safe & I'm also glad that you had a conversation with your mother recently & all was good. Remember the good times with her & keep seeing your mother & step father dancing.

I have a saying that friends are the family we choose for ourselves & it shows by all the posts here that you do have a large & caring family that you have chosen & they have chosen you. Take care & rest knowing that you are loved, valued here on QCA.

love Clare xx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 8:09 PM

Glad to hear you got back to your own snug home safe and sound!  Take care, Barbara!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 8:19 PM

Thank you everyone for your comfort and wonderful words. I wish I could explain to all of you just how safe and comforting it is for me. I'm doing well . Did some sewing today which is good therapy for me and keeps me busy . You are all the best family I could ever want . Thank you .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,737
Points 66,695
Bonita replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 8:25 PM

Welcome home Barbara, glad to see you made it back OK. I for one am honored to be be a part of your quilting family and looking forward to meeting you in persom in March. Keep your chin up.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,677
Kris replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 8:28 PM

Barbara,

I'm glad you made it home safely.

So sorry your family felt the need to lash out at you like that. I think their anger is misplaced not having someone to hold accountable. I'm glad you were able to say goodbye and extra glad you were able to talk before she passed.

Lots of love.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 9:43 PM

Barbara,

so glad you're home safe and sound. Take care of yourself and know we are here for you. 

Xoxo

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,550
Points 46,960
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 9:48 PM

Barbara, it's comforting to know you made it home to your son safely... and to us!  It hurts to hear how you were treated and I pray that they will realize quickly how wrong it was and ask your forgiveness.  I also pray you'll be able to forgive them and enjoy the love that surrounds you !

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 231
Points 3,565
Pat replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 11:19 PM

Oh Barbara I am so so sorry.  You are in my prays and I will be thinking of you.  Pat(Canada)

Pat   From Canada

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 11:48 PM

So glad you are home, Barbara.  I'm also very glad you are back into sewing.  It is good therapy.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,494
Points 46,835

Barbara, I too am glad to hear that you are home safe and sound. I am so sorry that your famiy felt the need to treat you so badly. I hope that they will soon realize just what they have done and apologize. Until then you have your son and QCA. Continue with your quilting therapy and you will come through this time with the Lord's help. Will be praying for you. Blessings.

Page 11 of 14 (204 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use