Top 10 Posters

Sad news from Barbara

Page 9 of 14 (204 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 203 Replies | 42 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,179
Points 15,780
Susan replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 12:17 PM

Thea, Thanks for the update! I will be sending up extra prayers for our girl. Hope she stays safe out on the roads by herself. Let us know when she gets home.    Susan

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,469
Points 50,070
Ginny replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 12:23 PM

Oh Thea,

I am so sorry to hear that Barbara underwent a very stressful time on her trip home.   That was so uncalled for.  I don' t care what their excuse was.  After all, it was her mother too.    I am so sad for her.  It is good that her son didn't go with her with the traumatic past he had.    I am praying right now for Barbara to have peace in her heart and that things will come together for her and her family eventually.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 12:38 PM

Thank you so much Thea for updating us all.  Unfortunately, I know all to well what she just went through. You summed it up very well, and it's oh so true.  That's ok she has us!!    Anywhere, everywhere and always!   But I feel ya, fighting mad to protect our friend!  But, also I know she is in pain, and my heart breaks for her...  Wish I was closer...       Lots and continuos prayers going up.......be safe Barbara...we are with you!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,203
Points 239,127
Thea replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 2:50 PM

Barbara called me this morning on the road and is doing okay - was in very good spirits - I expect her to be home any time now and checking in with you herself.  She is a trooper and her family just doesn't realize what a wonderful woman she has become - it is easier now then it was years ago with unlimited long distance and cell phones - years ago you were just gone and waiting for letters - you grew way apart and your new family became more a part of your life - so different for those who stay close to home their whole lives.  I feel so for her but know that what she is doing is right for her and all will eventually be okay!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 2:53 PM

Whne I saw the women in the video, who were her family, I told God that for some reason there would not be acceptace of her as family, a daughter of this woman they so apear to love. I just had a feeling.

When you are estanged from family it can get very ugly at stressful times. Been there, done that. So, I can empathize with her.

I love you, my friend. Just pray to God and ask for forgivenss for what was said, done all around. As God to pray a blessing on those who hurt you. And, ask God's forgivness for any thing you have sad in pain and hurt. This is a tough time.all around but for you to feel that you had to flee is just wrong. How can family not come together in times like these?

Know I am asking God to ease your hurt, to guide your family into their forgivness of what they did or said. Barbara, as one who has been there, my heart goes out to you. I am proud to call you my friend.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,532
Points 22,990
Susie replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 3:21 PM

Oh, Barbara,

My heart is breaking for you!  I know what it's like to be estranged from your family.  You always have us, and we love you unconditionally, but it's still not the same as family.  Please know that you have been well and truly hugged!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,112
Points 14,315
Dawn replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 4:12 PM

So sorry that your trip back home was not the way it should have been.  Know that I am continuing to lift you all up in prayer.   Hang in there and know that you can talk to us any time.  We all love you so much.  Take care of yourself!!! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 5:02 PM

Thea:

I would like to ask for extra special prayers for Barbara today.  She went to be with family yesterday and we all know what problems can arise in stressful situations with family - but to not get into anything personal of what went on - Barbara has decided to head back home - she left last night - I was worried sick and had her calling me to let me know where she was - she stopped after a few hours and got a hotel room and slept well - I wanted to believe me go to Indiana and throttle some people - some people just don't think with their brains but that other part of their body... and I am probably very loyal to my friend know what she is going through... anyway... Barbara is on her way home and is going to stop at a few quilt shops on the way home - she needs our prayers and great thoughts for this journey.  She is going to stop at a couple quilt shops and I told her to look for some fabric that reminds her of her Mom and buy it and use it in something that she can make and look at that will remind her of Mom... I used this when my best friend for life Lori passed - I cried into 2 quilts that I made for her daughters but it allowed me to poor my grief into them and was very cathartic for me.  

I know what it is like to have left home and the saying is true you can never go back again - you build a new life somewhere else - and you are an outsider when you go back home - this going home for Barbara was under very stressful times - not an expected trip or visit and those there were under stress and blame was thrown out there - to me it seemed as though they had to take their stress out on whomever they could find and our poor Barbara was the recipient.  

Our Barbara is the strongest woman I know but she should not have been put through this - she should have been wrapped up in arms and warmth - thoughts should have gone out to her for making a long long trip and how tired she would be when she arrived - but those thoughts were not on the top of anyones mind - I have hopes that down the road they will think about their actions and that this won't be a horrific rift that lasts forever - but Barbara has her son at her "home" and she has all of her really good friends here to wrap her up in warmth and a wonderful quilt to let her know we love and understand.

I had told my DH that I had thought that I should drive up and make this trip with her - he said he probably would have let me go if he hadn't been worried about the pain in my chest that I am battling - I would maybe have made things worse though as I would have been a tiger protecting our Barbara.  

She is so strong though - on her way home and thinking positive.  I know that the Lord has wrapped her up and taken this problem away from her - He will deal with it - Anyway, please lift her up for the next few days and keep her safe!

Thea, I am in tears over this.  Our poor Dear friend Barbara did not deserve anything but love and understanding from her family but instead she got rejection.  

I am so so sorry Barbara.  Know that we love you as a family should, unconditionally.  You are truly a beautiful person inside and out.  It is your families loss that you were not welcomed into their arms and hearts.  The Lord knows this and he will hold you in his arms as long as you need him to.  I wish I could be with you to hold you and tell you everything is going to be ok but I will have to do it virtually instead.  Feel me with you and know I care deeply about you my dear friend.

Marie

Millbury, MA

replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 6:42 PM

Hi to Barbara's Quilting sisters,  so far we have 30 people signed up to do a block, if anyone is interested , just PM me.  I will get right back to you with my address..  I think I am calling this. BARBARA'S BIG HUG!        It will be something!   Thanks to everyone!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,308
Points 18,310
Erin replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 7:00 PM

Awesome at 30 blocks!!! I will be getting things together tomorrow and starting my block tomorrow night. I will let you know when it is mailed Candis.

Barbara; have a safe trip home and let them live with themselves and their actions. I know from personal experience they WILL regret everything they said/did whatever.  I love ya friend and you are in my prayers!

Erin

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,328
Points 46,260
Angele replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 7:13 PM

Barbara, I hope that you are now safely home.  I have been trying to wrap my head around the idea of family turning their back on you during such a hard time and I just can't.  This is a time to put aside all of sibling differences and be together, share the pain and be a comfort for each other.  I know I'm far away, but I would love it if you would consider me a surrogate sister.  The good thing about this is that we usually choose those sisters. I would be honored to be one of them.  For as long as I have been a member of QCA, you have been a thoughtful and caring person, always there to help out and give support and guidance whenever you could. Be sure that we are here to offer any kind of support you will let us be for you.

BIG quilty (((hugs))) for you.  May my prayers bring you the comfort you need during this hard time.

love you lots.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 7:52 PM

Hi Candis, make that 31!  Sending you a PM.  Thank you so much for doing this.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 93
Points 1,365
Judy replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 7:53 PM

Oh my lord. I am so sorry for your loss. What a terrible tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,655
Debra replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 8:26 PM

I will send a block too Candis, but It will be this monday before i can get it send out to you. Will that be ok?

replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 8:52 PM

Debbie (Dainty):

I will send a block too Candis, but It will be this monday before i can get it send out to you. Will that be ok?

That is fine ,  thank you, I sent you a pM

Page 9 of 14 (204 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use