Top 10 Posters

Sad news from Barbara

Page 8 of 14 (204 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 203 Replies | 42 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,850
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 6:59 PM

Candis, You know Barbara will read this and know about this, do you not?

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 7:33 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Candis, You know Barbara will read this and know about this, do you not?

Yes, There is no way to do this secretly, but the finished quilt will be her surprise, I am good with that!  Sweet Barbara, if you read this,  we love you and we are sending you the comfort that we as sister quilters can send to you!      

• | Post Points: 5
replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 7:36 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Candis, I'm in. Will have my block to you by Friday. That is as soon as I can. If not soon enouogh, then I understand. PM me.

Fri is fine, there is no deadline hopefully I can have all of them by next fri. But I understand this is spur of the moment...  I sent you a PM with my friend request.  Thank you!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 5,635
dardar replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 8:44 PM

I too am so sorry for your lost. Losing ones mother leaves a terrible void, and to lose her in such a senseless way is truly tragic. I will also be praying for you and your family.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 9:07 PM

Candis,

I just sent you a PM, I 'm in too.

Not Ranked
Posts 69
Points 1,235

Barbara,

So sorry to hear about the tragic loss of your Mother. My thoughts and prayers will be with you. Take care !  I wish I could do something to take away your pain.

Quiltlady66

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,598
Points 26,880
Debbie replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:34 PM

Barbara, that's awful.  So sorry to hear, will keep you in my prayers!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 11:01 PM

So sorry for your loss. 

Abba Father, Please cradle  Barbara in your arms. Carry her right now. Give her comfort and guide her through the next few days.

May your light shine bright for this family the next few days, and months.

Amen

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 11:54 PM

Candis, sending you a pm...

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,309
Points 26,915
Elizabeth replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 1:21 AM

Barbara, so sorry for your loss.  I can not begin to imagine processing this.  My prayers are with you

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,497
Points 48,230
Angele replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 6:47 AM

Candis, i am s'indigner you à PM.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
Hi Candis! Count me in, okay? I'll try and get a block done in a few days, but no promises as I have about 20 some odd quilts to make for a local halfway house. I'll try my best.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 7:44 AM

Barbara so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,673
Points 248,567
Thea replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:37 AM

I would like to ask for extra special prayers for Barbara today.  She went to be with family yesterday and we all know what problems can arise in stressful situations with family - but to not get into anything personal of what went on - Barbara has decided to head back home - she left last night - I was worried sick and had her calling me to let me know where she was - she stopped after a few hours and got a hotel room and slept well - I wanted to believe me go to Indiana and throttle some people - some people just don't think with their brains but that other part of their body... and I am probably very loyal to my friend know what she is going through... anyway... Barbara is on her way home and is going to stop at a few quilt shops on the way home - she needs our prayers and great thoughts for this journey.  She is going to stop at a couple quilt shops and I told her to look for some fabric that reminds her of her Mom and buy it and use it in something that she can make and look at that will remind her of Mom... I used this when my best friend for life Lori passed - I cried into 2 quilts that I made for her daughters but it allowed me to poor my grief into them and was very cathartic for me.  

I know what it is like to have left home and the saying is true you can never go back again - you build a new life somewhere else - and you are an outsider when you go back home - this going home for Barbara was under very stressful times - not an expected trip or visit and those there were under stress and blame was thrown out there - to me it seemed as though they had to take their stress out on whomever they could find and our poor Barbara was the recipient.  

Our Barbara is the strongest woman I know but she should not have been put through this - she should have been wrapped up in arms and warmth - thoughts should have gone out to her for making a long long trip and how tired she would be when she arrived - but those thoughts were not on the top of anyones mind - I have hopes that down the road they will think about their actions and that this won't be a horrific rift that lasts forever - but Barbara has her son at her "home" and she has all of her really good friends here to wrap her up in warmth and a wonderful quilt to let her know we love and understand.

I had told my DH that I had thought that I should drive up and make this trip with her - he said he probably would have let me go if he hadn't been worried about the pain in my chest that I am battling - I would maybe have made things worse though as I would have been a tiger protecting our Barbara.  

She is so strong though - on her way home and thinking positive.  I know that the Lord has wrapped her up and taken this problem away from her - He will deal with it - Anyway, please lift her up for the next few days and keep her safe!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 12:13 PM

Candis, Count me in, also! It is so thoughtful of you to get this going and to finish the quilt,too. Susan

Page 8 of 14 (204 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use