Top 10 Posters

Sad news from Barbara

Page 7 of 14 (204 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 203 Replies | 42 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 1:48 PM

I'm so sorry about your Mother, Barbara. You and your family are in my thoughts.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 265
Kay replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 1:57 PM

Dear Barbara,

I know we just met, but I wanted to express my deepest condolences to you and your family during this difficult time.  I know it must be very hard to know that the one who did this horrible thing, has not been caught and tried for his crime. I have faith that in time, they will find this person and justice will be done. I wanted to share with you a special poem. 

MEMORIES

The ones we love remain with us

for love itself lives on,

and cherished memories do not fade,

Because a loved one's gone!

The one's we love can never be

More than a thought apart,

And as long as there is memory,

They'll live on in our hearts.

Please know that you are in my thoughts at this sad time, in my prayers in your time of need and your wellbeing is close to my hearts always.

I am here for you if there is anything I can do. Be safe in your travels. 

My deepest sympathy,

Kay

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

Wow - I've been offline for a few days (just following the emails I get).  Barbara, I'm SO sorry.  <3  Please know that you're in my thoughts.  

Thea, thanks very much for staying in touch and keeping us up to date so that we know Barbara is ok.

Barbara, you seem to be handling this incredibly well - keep up the good work - we're all proud of you!

Raleigh, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,180
Jacy replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 2:25 PM

Barbara, I'm so sorry that you had to lose your mother in this way. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
After reading this thread and all of the love, concern, caring, poems and information on this tragic loss for Barbara, I have again, never felt prouder to call myself a member of QCA! You are all wonderful and loving people, and I'm proud to know even just a few of you! Thea, thanks for the updates, as we are ALL worried about her. Big hugs to all of you!!!!!

replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 3:04 PM

Thea:

Barbara just called me - she is still 3 1/2 hours from her home and just wanted me to let everyone know that she is taking it easy - stopping and resting often - she is rocking out to Santana on the road and is doing fine - she will call me again when she gets there.  She thanks and does still ask that you lift her up in your prayers to help and assist her during this time while she is away from her home with her son.  No her son was not able to go with her due to his PTSD from the 2001 9/11 - he was stationed at the Pentagon for that but was not at work on the day it happened or he wouldn't be here with us today.  He is at home in MO taking care of Angel the puppy dog... So Barbara traveled on her own to Indiana and so far is doing okay.  Please lift her up and ask the Lord to envelope his arms around her so that she is able to deal with all that is happening right now in her life.

and one last thing - did you know that our Barbara is 5 years now breast cancer free - I think it is awesome - she is such a wonderful woman and I am proud very proud to call her a friend of mine.  I am so glad that I met her and I wouldn't have had breast cancer taken her away.  I lift you up right now Barbara so that you are in his warm arms until you are able to walk on your own again.

Thea I sent you a Private Message

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 320
Susan replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 3:12 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.  My prayers go with you as you travel to Indiana.

Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,427
Points 243,407
Thea replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 3:47 PM

Candis - good thing you told me - I come right to the forums page and have a terrible time remembering to go to my Home page - sent you a PM back and answered some other messages.. I try and tell everyone email me... I check that everyday...lol - altheafoster@att.net...

replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 5:03 PM

Ok, we all love Barbara, and I know we want to be there for her, I for one feel so bad, and feel so helpless. She is my friend, I would like to organize the making of a "HUG" quilt for her from all of her sisters on QCA that are able to participate. All that is required is for you to make 1 block , 1 favorite block of yours using Barbara's favorite,   Civil War fabrics. Or Thimbleberries fabric.   The block will be 10 in finished. So 10 1/2  when you are done.  I have volunteered to collect blocks and sew them into a quilt. I will also quilt it for her. I believe I can get this done fairly quickly. It's up to all of you how fast I can get it finished. Is anyone interested?  If so would you please just Private Message me. Your block can be anything that is meaningful to you, pieced, paper pieced appliqued, anything or all. I will have you sign it, and date it in a small area. It will be a sampler quilt for her of caring from her quilting sisters in this horrible time for her.   Something that hopefully will help her get through these days Ashe already knows how much we care about her, but with a quilt just for her , she can wrap up in that love also.  I know this can't be a surprise, since she is on these boards, but the finished product will be.   Please I hope you all will join in if your able..

• | Post Points: 125
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,180
Jacy replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 5:13 PM

Candis, sent you a PM

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 5:14 PM

Candis:
Please I hope you all will join in if your able..

Candis I'll start tonight.  I'm in. Thanks for thinking of this for Barbara.  Please friend me so I will know where to send the square.  Blessings on you!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 5:20 PM

Candis, I'm in.  Please PM your mailing address.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,664
Points 120,340

Sent you a PM. I'll have a block ready to mail tomorrow.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 130
Points 1,560
Debby replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 6:08 PM

Dear Barbara, I haven't been on here in ages and this is the first thing I see when I logged in.  I am so so sorry to hear this.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Big Cyber Hugs to you,

Debby

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 6:58 PM

Candis, I'm in. Will have my block to you by Friday. That is as soon as I can. If not soon enouogh, then I understand. PM me.

Sukochi

Page 7 of 14 (204 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use