Top 10 Posters

Sad news from Barbara

Page 6 of 14 (204 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 203 Replies | 42 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 9:57 AM

I am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you, God bless you and your family as you deal with this tragic loss.  Please be safe and take care of yourself.  I pray that God will keep you safe on your journey to Indiana and will help you and your family through this.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,032
Thea replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:10 AM

I was looking to see if the sheriff in Indiana had found any answers and found this short video with Barbara's niece on it and a picture of her Mom - Barbara has a very deep resemblance to her Mom...

http://www.wthr.com/story/20182688/78-year-old-woman-hit-killed-near-central-indiana-church?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=8001357

It was, from the pictures, a very busy road.  I hope the person for their sake turns their self in and gets on with what is going to be a very hard time in their life - for them and for Barbara's family.  This was such a shame.  Barbara's step Dad was killed on this same road in a traffic accident.  Something should be done about the traffic there from what it looks like.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,032
Thea replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:14 AM

for some reason I can't get the link to work...sorry...kept working at it and added the rest to the URL - for some reason that part kept dropping off when I did cut and paste... same link that Debbie has below!

Anita Wernsing

here is a picture of Barbara's Mom - best I can get it to do!  The video shows where the accident was and shows Barbara's niece and I think sister talking to the reporters.  I see so much of Barbara in her Mom although I bet she doesn't think there is any resemblance but it is there... this is so so sad!  Barbara is being a real trooper but the shock is going to wear off one day so please keep her in your prayers.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 24
Points 555
Tammy replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:17 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss! I hope the person responsible comes to justice and pray for peace over your entire family. 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 894
h202blonde replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:24 AM

thea, go to www.fox59.com and put '78 year old grandmother' in search and it will bring up the video. heartbreaking.

blondie

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,032
Thea replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:33 AM

Thank you Debbie - that one worked for me - I am not sure why I couldn't get it to work - but alas - my computer skills are getting old - when I retired I was all tech savy but that was 10 years ago - teehee - thank you!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,560
Points 23,665
Susie replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:38 AM

Barbara,

I just saw this post.  I am soo sorry for your loss!  I hope you have safe travels!  Hugs, my friend!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Thank you for the link Debbie - that is so sad. My heart goes out to Barbara and her family!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:39 AM

Thanks, Debbie.  What an awful tragedy. I hope they bring whoever did this to justice, so that Barbara's family can have some peace.

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,215
Points 112,020
Linny t replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 11:31 AM

Dear Barbara, what a shock.  I will hold you up in prayer, too.  It's one of the hardest things to loose your mom.  Lean on the Lord.  He will give you Peace that surpasses all understanding. 

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 244,032
Thea replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 12:51 PM

Barbara just called me - she is still 3 1/2 hours from her home and just wanted me to let everyone know that she is taking it easy - stopping and resting often - she is rocking out to Santana on the road and is doing fine - she will call me again when she gets there.  She thanks and does still ask that you lift her up in your prayers to help and assist her during this time while she is away from her home with her son.  No her son was not able to go with her due to his PTSD from the 2001 9/11 - he was stationed at the Pentagon for that but was not at work on the day it happened or he wouldn't be here with us today.  He is at home in MO taking care of Angel the puppy dog... So Barbara traveled on her own to Indiana and so far is doing okay.  Please lift her up and ask the Lord to envelope his arms around her so that she is able to deal with all that is happening right now in her life.

and one last thing - did you know that our Barbara is 5 years now breast cancer free - I think it is awesome - she is such a wonderful woman and I am proud very proud to call her a friend of mine.  I am so glad that I met her and I wouldn't have had breast cancer taken her away.  I lift you up right now Barbara so that you are in his warm arms until you are able to walk on your own again.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 1:08 PM

Oh, BArbara, congratulaitons on your 5 yr. anniversary. That is such a blessing.

Still praying for your travel.

Saw the video  of the coverage of your Mom's death. So sad.  Who do all those girls belong too?

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,690
Points 120,870

Barbara:

I just got notified that my mother was killed this evening in front of her home by a car and it was a hit and run.  I'm a mess . 

Barbara, I just saw this. I am so sorry, my heart goes out to you and your family. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 1:44 PM

I have been away from the site for a few days and I am shocked and saddened by Barbras loss.  I hope in some way she can feel the warmth and love of all the thoughts and prayers going her way.

Page 6 of 14 (204 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use