Top 10 Posters

Sad news from Barbara

Page 4 of 14 (204 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 203 Replies | 42 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 9:48 AM

Barbara, I would suspect that this driver can be charged with vehicular homicide, at least. Jim said he will have a whole stack of charges. But, we are not sure if they could peg him as an impaired driver, unless they got him within a couple hours of the accident.  Which I guess they did not, from what you said.

You probalby won't understand this, but, I pray for this person and his family as well.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 9:57 AM

Sukochi, yes I do understand , about saying a prayer for the family of the person who did this , I do as well ,I'm sure they were not involved . Right now I have no sympathy for the person who did this .I wan this person to not have one moment's peace and to realize he has killed someone.You never think these kind of things can happen in your family ,and then just out of the blue .it does.  I have tried to talk with my family about these feelings ,but they won't talk. I appreciate all fo you letting me voice all my feelings and anger ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 10:27 AM

Oh How dreadful Barbara. I can't imagine what you are going through. My heart aches for your loss. Hugs and prayers coming your way.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 10:37 AM
Barbara, I just read the post and my thoughts and prayers are with you. Please take care of yourself as you go through this and know that everyone is here for you.

from TN

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,191
Points 238,947
Thea replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 4:23 PM

Barbara - my heart goes out to you at this time.  I know that we have been talking during last night and today but I wanted you to know that you can  continue to call anytime day or night.  I am here.  I hope you drive carefully and don't overdue it on your long ride.  I know what that ride is like - the distance is the same up to MN where I go to visit the kids.  Take your time - stop lots - and dress warmly - there is a cold front coming through - put one of your quilts and a pillow and a good book and some magazines in the car with you... slow down on those cigarettes - no need to over fill your lungs - Nana Thea speaking here - Call me as soon as you arrive so that I know you got there safely.  Your Mom is not in pain anymore and is with your Dad and as you said they are dancing up a storm together - The next few days and months are going to be difficult so don't worry about it - just call me - I have a good ear for listening... and I can distract you with quilting stuff... and tell you stories about what the fur babies are doing... Love you sweetie!  

and for now, don't think about whomever did this - concentrate on yourself!  you can cross that other bridge at a later date.  whomever did this will be caught and punished and I am sure is already in tons of pain from what they did.  You take care of you right now!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 16,125

My heart & prayers go out to you & your family at this sad time.  Remember to take care of yourself too.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 5:01 PM

Dear Barbara, it is hard enough to lose a mother without having her taken from you so suddenly.  I am sad and angry at the same time.  Please accept this virtual <<<<hug>>>> that I wish I could deliver in person.  Travel safely.  I'm glad you have family in Indiana.  Even if your family is not close, I pray that you can support each other at this sad time.  Please turn to us at any time that you need to air your feelings which I'm sure will be volatile for some time.  My heartfelt condolences.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 12,675

Barbara,

I am so sorry about your Mom.  It's inexcusable to not stop.  Anyone can have an accident but leaving makes it criminal.  Please travel safely and take all of our prayers and good wishes with you.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 5:21 PM

I again want to thank all of your for all your kind wordsof support and prayers during this terrible ordeal. you have helped me so much. I will be leaving in the early morning to head home. I promise I will drive safely and not rush.g od bless all of you and know I love you all .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 505

Barbara'

I am so very sorry to hear this.  You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,470
Points 24,110

My dear friend, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I am praying for you now. Please be careful on your journey home. if there is anything I can do, you know that I am only an hour away from you.

Love you, my friend.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 6:59 PM

Barbara, I have been off QCA for a couple of days and came back to see your terrible news.  I am so vey sorry for the sudden and traggic loss of mother in such a senseless way!  You are certainly in all of our thoughts and prayers right now!!!  Thea said it very correctly...your mother is now at peace, and you need to take care of yourself for now  and save your anger for later.   Please take it easy on that long drive and know we will be waiting for word that you have made it safely to Indiana.

We love you Barbara... Know that all of your QCA family will be with you through this difficult time.   

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
Oh Barbara, I'm so sorry! I'm here for you, anytime, as you know all of us are! When you don't know where to turn 'cause you're feeling lost, turn to Jesus! He's waiting for you with loving, open arms, I promise! Have you heard of "Footprints in the Sand"? I think you'll find it very comforting right now. I'm up very late, so call me if you need to talk, seriously! Usually up to 5am most nights. With love, prayers and BIG hugs, chicagosinger

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 2,285
MizPat replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 7:05 PM

Barbara, I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing your mother and in such a tragic way! My thoughts and prayers are with you as you make the drive home. Take it slow and steady on your trip. I'm praying for good weather along the way, and a safe, uneventful trip. Know that all of us love you and are praying for you.

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 7,420

OMG Barbara am so sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and your family. God Bless  wish there was something we could do to take away the pain.

Pat B

Page 4 of 14 (204 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use