Page 3 of 14 (204 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 203 Replies | 42 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 135
Karen D replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 6:12 AM

Barbara, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I pray that you and your family get the strength you will need in the next few days. I also pray that the driver will come forward so that you and your family can eventually have closure.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 6:16 AM

Barbara

Oh my gosh...how horrible.  I am so sorry and you will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers.  Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.   Hugs dear friend.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,128
Points 14,575
Dawn replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 6:48 AM

Oh!  I am so very sorry Barbara!  Please know that I am praying for you and your family.  May the Lord hold you closer!  Please let us know if we can do anything for you.  Praying that the driver is found and justice is served.  Wish I could give you a hug.   Do drive very carefully.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

I am so sorry to hear about the death of your mother.  You will be in my prayers over the next few days as you deal with the initial shock and hurt.  Please know that you are not alone in this--there are many here who will be praying and/or holding you in their thoughts.  

Brigit-Carol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 7:21 AM

Thanks everyone , You all must know How I can feel your pryers at this timr,As I have calmed down some this mornig .I did manage to get alittle sleep. I am going to postpone my trip by one day,I have some things I have to do before I can go,This is about a ten hour dirve for me so I have to get the oil changed in my car before I can make the trip. ,I don't need my car breaking down on the way..I have to get my stuff ready to go ,last night I was just to upset to do anything but be a slug. and I felt so lost ,even in my own home.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,012
Points 19,485

Barbara - Where in Indiana??  As you know we are off I-80 near Joliet in Illinois so if you are coming this way and need ANYTHING remember to call.  Let me know if you need my number again.

My prayers will be with you as you travel and go through the next days.

Beth

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 8:17 AM

Beth I'm going to Indianapolis ,my Sister is in Greenfield and this is were I'll probably be staying. I thank you so much for your kind offer ,but you are alittle more north then I'm going to be. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,012
Points 19,485

Still -  if you need ANYTHING we can be there for you.

Also - small world, I have a friend who grew up in Greenfield. 

Beth

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,723
Points 66,475
Bonita replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 8:28 AM

Barbara, I just wanted you to know you and your brother will be in my T&P. Please drive carefully. I hope the driver will do the right thing and turn themselves in.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 8:40 AM

Barbara, the horror is still there in my heart today. I know how must must be feeling. Please, please take that trip slow. No need to rush and get yourself in a wrekc.

I will ask Ron to put out the word to our church members who will ALL gladly pray for you all.

Have you hear any more about just what happend? How far from the strete is your Mom's house? I just can't fathomhow  such a thing could happen. Obviously, in some way, this person who very impaired.

Praying for you....

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 115
PatBee replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 8:55 AM

Barbara,

I am sorry to hear of your loss.  A mother is the most precious person in our lives and she will live on in your heart forever.  I feel as though the community has lost a member of the family.  Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers at this most difficult time for you.

Pat B

Southeast MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,523
Points 138,808
Stephanie replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 9:16 AM

Barbara,

I'm so, so sorry to hear this. You'll be in my prayers dear, sweet lady.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 9:21 AM

Sukochi, she live on a busy state highway ,just about 1/2 mile form a very very small town. the church she was going to was just north of her house around 400 yard maybe a little more ,but it was on the oppisite side of the street, The police did find pieces of the auto ,that hit her as after hitting her they ran off the road. I understand now that there were wittness from the church and were at her side with in seconds .but she died on impact.  at least she didn't suffer. I did talk with the police last evening and they were pretty confident that they were going to solve this and I do pray that they do the family from what I hear is going to check with an attorney about a wrongful law suit against the driver . I really don't have any more info right now. My Mother was 78 years old. and she will be placed next to my baby sister who passed years ago . Barbara.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
My Dear Friend, I just read what happened and I'm just shocked. Please take care of yourself esp on the trip back. If I were not needed to be with my Mom I would go with you to help with driving. It goes without saying you are in my prayer. If there is anything I can do call me. Lov Mel

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 9:25 AM

Thank you everyone for all your wonderful support. I am not close to my own family so you all mean so much to me.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 3 of 14 (204 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use