Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden Posted: Fri, Nov 23 2012 1:17 PM

Annabelle, my 10 year old Pekingese who was by my side through my long illness, surgery and recovery, went to Rainbow Bridge this morning. Surgery and chemo would have only bought weeks or a couple of months. I couldn't be so selfish as to put her through that. My heart is so broken right now. Held her and loved her to the end. Even hubby shed tears. She was such a special girl. Can one die of a broken heart?

• | Post Points: 185
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,414
Points 40,215
Mimi replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 1:55 PM

Mary:
My heart is so broken right now. Held her and loved her to the end.

You are a brave woman, Mary.  I couldn't have done that.

We too have suffered the loss of many cats and a very special Silky Terrier, Missy.  She was my confidant and my best friend.  She gave total and complete acceptance and love.  It hurts so much now that you know she is gone from this world.  But you know she is no longer in any pain.  And I'm sure Missy was there to greet her when she crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  Quilty hugs to you, my friend.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 2:06 PM

Mary, BIG((((((((((HUGS))))))))) to you .I cry with you .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 2:15 PM

So sorry for your loss, Mary.  It may be hard to believe, but the pain will ebb.  In the meantime, would it help to volunteer time at an animal shelter?  Or maybe purchase something the shelter needs in Annabelle's name?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,495
Points 30,430
Diana replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 2:34 PM

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.  I could cry for you.  Knowing that you held her at her end is very comforting.  She went from one set of arms that loved her to another.  She'll be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.  I've been thru it twice in the last 3 years and it does get easier.  Just remember the good times. Love ya and huggs,   Diana (Bink) in East Tn. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 2:46 PM

Oh, sweet Mary, this is such a sad thing that we must go through if we want pets. they become our babies, our lives. We have been though this so many times over the years. Sometimes they just grow old and leave us, sometimes, it is illness. You will heal. Just keep yoursefl really busy quilting. Having yoourself focused on asomething else, can, after a time, ease the pain. Just picture her dancing across that bridge, barking, oh so healthy and happy. She will be waiting for you, someday. So now you have something to look forward to. Back to quilting, girl.  And, put a picture of her on your quilting room wall. Oh, and make a quilt, especially for you, named after her.

Many ((((((HUGS))))) sweet Mary.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 3:42 PM

Mary, I am so sorry for your loss, I can feel your pain and I cry with you as well.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013

Mary, I am so sorry for your loss, I can feel your pain and I cry with you as well.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 3:45 PM

Sorry for the repeats.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,203
Points 239,127
Thea replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 4:08 PM

Mary, I am so so sorry - but she is out of pain now and running with the wind on the other side of the rainbow bridge - she has a mansion picked out for you but we are hoping to keep you with us here for a long long time.  I know it is hard but each day you will be stronger and you have really good memories of her.  Sending you are large virtual hug!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 6:09 AM

I am sorry for the loss of Annabelle.   The loss of a pet can be so intense. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,655
Debra replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 7:08 AM

Mary,

My heart cries with yours and I am so sorry that your Annabelle had to be put to sleep. Your Annabelle was lucky in life to have a wonderful companion, one that cared enough to let go. Never doubt that you made the right decision. You did. She is not hurting anymore. 

My prayers are with you today.

Deb

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,469
Points 50,070
Ginny replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 8:42 AM

Mary,  You did a very brave thing when you decided to give Annabelle relief from her painful life.   Not everyone could be as kind as you were to her.  Some would selfishly want to keep their pet no matter how much discomfort they were in.    I know it is very difficult when a friend passes.  Just remember the pain passes and you will think lovingly of her giving you such a great life for years.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,405
Points 361,177
Kris replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 2:32 PM

Oh Mary,

I'm so sorry for you loss.  Goodbye Annabelle.

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use