Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 247,287
Thea Posted: Thu, Nov 22 2012 6:45 PM

I absolutely love Gingher scissors but they are rather pricey - it is worth it to pay for them though - and if you ever need to have them repaired - if you send them back to them with a SASE for the return they fix them for free - this includes sharpening them...

Well, right now www.fabricdepot.com is selling them for 50% off - this is a great deal so if you ever wanted a pair you can get them now for a very reasonable price... 

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 6:56 PM

I love mine.  I bought them on eBay but 50% is a good deal.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 9:49 PM

I love mine too.  I remember buying my first pair.  I needed a pair of scissors and the sales lady had me try the average priced scissors first.  Then she had me try the gingher.  No comparison.  It was more than what I had budgeted for, but have never regretted it and I still use that pair, which I bought about 35 years ago.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

Thanks for the tip, Thea!  I ran right over to the website and bought a pair of embroidery scissors -- I needed something that would snip in tight corners.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 731
Points 18,320

My Ginghers are 40 years old and all I've done is get them sharpened about every 5 years.  Nice to know the company stands behind them. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 8:43 AM

Thanks Thea ,I have always wanted a pair of these ,just ordered me some . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 208
Points 3,505
Pearl replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 9:05 AM

I received a paiar of ginger scisssors last year at Christmas time.  Oh my what  great present.  i wondered how I got along without them. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,608
Points 52,050
Ginny replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 9:17 AM

I have had my gingher scissors for about 25 years.  Bought them on sale at Minnesota fabrics, before they became Hancock fabrics.  Everyone in my family was notified never to touch them and to never let them be used for anything but fabric.  It worked!  They are still the greatest, have never had them sharpened or anything. Thought I might have to some years ago when cutting a lot of fleece, as someone told me cutting fleece with them would ruin them.   Not so.  Think they are one of the best buys I ever made.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 9:26 AM

Oh you are all making me wish mine would hurry and get here and I just ordered them today .LOL

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 10:39 AM

I bought my first pair about ten years ago! They are still going strong. I got a beautiful set with blue marble decor. Had the large and small scissor in them. My local Joann's has them on sale all the time....   I haven't had to buy anymore though.   They last forever!    

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,455
safrmaz replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 12:21 PM

They are worth the investment.  I bought 2 pairs nearly 30 years ago.  LOVE them!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

My mother bought me my one and only pair of Gingers. She has since passed away and I still have her left handed set. I am not left handed, but I keep them. I also warned my children about the hazards of using my special scissors. Needless to say, my DH didn't get the memo about the hazards. I can't remember what he used them for, but there is a nick in them now that cannot be fixed. I keep them anyway as my mother gave them to me. I have not had the money since to get another pair or maybe I just don't think I can keep a new pair safe from my DH. He is no longer allowed in my sewing room.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 11:54 PM

I love my gingher scissors.  I have 2 pair of the big ones...one pair was picked up by one of the grands and cut paper with them.  So now they are marked paper only.  I also have a medium pair, an applique pair, and an embroidery pair.   I use to have a pair of little nippers that I loved to use when machine embroidery but somehow they grew legs and walked off...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 9:50 AM

Cutting paper does not help...but I learned a trick to sharpen them without ruining then.  Get the finest sand paper you can find and cut it with scissors, make several full length cuts, you can usually go back to cutting fabrics.

I love the new serrated scissors I bought last year...so glad they come with blade cover, those babies are SHARP!   When cutting layers the fabric does not slip.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use