Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
chicagosinger Posted: Wed, Nov 21 2012 4:51 PM
Trying to make key lime pie for T dinner tomorrow. I have the recipe and all the ingredients except I couldn't find any key limes. I know I can use limes and have to adjust the amount of lime juice, but I don't know by how much or even if I use less or more. Can anyone help? I'm trying to get as much done tonight as I can, so it's not soooo much work for me tomorrow, in other words I need help ....like.... yesterday. HELP!!!!!! Please?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,266
Points 135,038
Stephanie replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 5:03 PM

From what I researched key limes are smaller and more sour. It says to substitute 1/2 regular lime and 1/2 lemon juice for key limes. Some grocery stores sell a key lime juice for pies (Nellie & Joes brand) )where they keep the Realemon products.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
Thanx Stephanie! I must be dense or something, does that mean reduce by half or increase by half? Soundz like since KL are stronger than limes I need to increase by half more. Does that sound right to you? Have I said thank you? Thank you!

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use