Love the cartoon Jeanine.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 344
Points 27,135
Darlene replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 11:09 AM

Wendy, thank you for the idea to start this post.  You all have made me think.

I am thankful for my Lord Jesus Christ who died for my sins and made eternal life possible for me.

I am thankful that God brought a wonderful man into my life 22 years ago and opened my eyes to the possibility of love again.

I am thankful for my son who has reminded me repeatedly of whose child I am thru his abundant and unwavering faith.

I am thankful for my mother who still lives and makes my life meaningful daily.  I am blessed to be able to have a relationship with her which did not exist during my younger years.

I am thankful for the time I have had to spend with my family and friends for the past year made possible because I am not working [by choice]

I am thankful that God has provided what I have needed when I have needed it.  I am blessed to be able to remember that my wants are not always what I need.

I am thankful to have my husband still with me after many troubling health issues during our time together.  God continues to strengthen DH daily and remind us that it will be in His time and not our time.

I am thankful for crafty friends and quilty friends who support my crazy quilting endeavors.  I am blessed to have made many new friends this year thru QCA and other opportunities this year.  .

I am thankful for the home I live in and ask God to help me remember that I am blessed with much.  May God increase my appreciation of His abundant gifts each day.

I am thankful for my stash and ask God to bring creative uses for these gifts to bless others.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,155
ls2116 replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 11:24 AM

I'll second your reply Marie.  Then I'll say I've been kinda down lately but shopping with my husband has turned my moodiness around.  He was fit to be tied the other day his 7 month old leaf blower would not start for anything!  After taking it into store thier gonna send it out for repair.  I was ready to leave but he wanted to check out electronics and we ended up getting 52" flat screen.  This really surprised me cuz the other day he was just telling me how he wasn't going to buy one until they were on the market for alot longer.  My how people can change their thoughts so quickly.  even though I'm thankful for thisI'm thankful for so much more that I can't even put into words...

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 11:35 AM

There are so many things that I am thankful for but here are just a few.   I am thankful that Christ is my Savior and leads me and picks me up when I have fallen.   I am so very thankful for my loving DH and children and grandchildren.  Family means so much in my life.   I am thankful for the doctors that take care of my health issues and make it possible for me to do the one thing I love....quilting and cooking. I am thankful for the roof over my head and the food on my table ,   and all the young men and women that put their lives at risk to keep the freedom that I so thankfully enjoy.

May God grant each of you and your families a wonderful Thanksgiving. 

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,818
Marie replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 12:42 PM

ls2116:
we ended up getting 52" flat screen.

Enjoy your new TV, my DGS bought me a 52" in the summer of last year and I have been smiling ever since when I watch it.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,818
Marie replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 12:57 PM

Nana:

Ditto what Nana said and I'll add...........Those of you who've had a recent loss of a loved one extra Blessings from God is my prayer for you.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Marie:

Nana:

Ditto what Nana said and I'll add...........Those of you who've had a recent loss of a loved one extra Blessings from God is my prayer for you.  (((((HUGS))))) 

Amen!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 1:49 PM

Well since im British not sure if Thanksgiving as you celebrate applies to me but i will put in my two pennys worth anyway.

Such a lot to be thankful for, im not as good at putting my faith into words as the rest of you, so i will just say that it holds me up when i feel like im sinking.

Im so grateful that i had my mum with me until i was nearly 45, so many lose theres so much earlier so i have been really lucky, very lucky and very grateful to still have my dad who is such a godsend. My sister and my Neice both of which are blessings.

Im grateful for the friends i have made on QCA, Sukochi, Marie, Zsofia, Marlene and Nana without you all i would be very lonely you all are truly wonderful.

The people i work with all are really wonderful.

I am grateful to live in England, to love my life and to be so lucky to know so many truly inspirational people.

Wishing you all a wonderful thanksgiving.

Lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 2:11 PM

I thought Thanksgiving was to do with the Indians. I thouoght the Boston Tea Pary had to do with the British.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 2:55 PM

I'm grateful that there are 365 days a year  availible for me to count my blseeings.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 3:05 PM

chocake2:

I'm grateful that there are 365 days a year  availible for me to count my blseeings.

C.C. what are blseeings?? Must be a western thang. We don't have blseeings here.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 10:43 PM

Sukochi

Thanksgiving was the celebration that the pilgrims and some of the indians had after surviving their first year in the new colonies.   The Boston Tea Party was when the settlers threw all the British tea that was being imported into to sea at the Boston harbor.  This was done to protest taxation without representation  and soon afterward there was the Revolutionary War.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

I am thankful for God who is my Father, my family, my friends, and my good health. Everything else is a bonus.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 5:28 AM

Frances ,we love you anyway , you can celebrate  Thankgiving with us , we don't mind at all . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 7:05 AM

Thank, Nana. Everything I know I learned in Kindergarden and we did have history class. Didn't learn to spell, either, But, I can color in the lines!!

Sukochi

Page 2 of 3 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use