Page 1 of 3 (40 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 39 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy Posted: Sun, Nov 18 2012 5:01 PM

I would like to see everyone write a post on what you are thankful for this past year.

I am thankful  that I have a roof over my head

I am thankful that I have my family here with me.

I am thankful that I live in the USA.

I am thankful that I have a job.

I am thankful for my sons

I am thankful for a loving husband

and I thank God for all that I have

on the lighter side:.....

I  am thankful that I have a fabric stash so that I can continue to quit.

I am thankful that I have two groups of quilting friends.  (all of you and My ladies in Patches and peace makers)

May God bless each and every one of you this holiday season.

• | Post Points: 110
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 5:17 PM

I am most thankful for Jesus Chirst, who died on the Cross to take away my sin.

I am thankful to GOD, who strenghtens me.

I am thankful for my Pastor, what has such great faith in me, no matter what.  He has helped me bar satan from the door, more then once.

I am thankful for the Holy Spirt who teachs me

I am thankful to Jim for his deep abiding love for me.

I am thankful for my wonderful, tender, sweet son. Who changed my life.

I am thankful for each and every one of YOU. Without you, I would be so lonly for friends.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 5:19 PM

Wendy ,great question,

1. I'm great full for my home

2.grateful for my son,

3.grateful for what good health I do have.

4. grateful for all my quilting friends near and far.

5,grateful for my wonderful friendship with Thea, Elaine, Melody ,Nancy ,Gini ,Nana, Diana andso many others and the chance to get to sew with them a couple of times during the year,

6. Grateful that I still have my mother

7.grateful to be in the Greatest country in the world an all the soldiers who make it so ..

* very grateful to the man upstairs for giving me the chance to have them all.  Amen

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

I am Thankful for:
my Salvation
my family
my husbands job
and I'm very much thankful to be here and feeling so good this year. 

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 6:10 PM

I am Thankful for everything, the good and the bad.

Deb

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,327
Points 241,652
Thea replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 10:22 PM

What am I thankful for in 2012...

First I am thankful that Jesus Christ died for me so that I know if I make a mistake he has already paid the price if I repent for it.  

I am next thankful that my DH loves me so much and is such a great friend to me 

I am thankful for my son and my DDIL and that they decided to remarry this past summer and try to make it all work

I am thankful for the 2 grand children I have and for the news that I have another one on the way to spoil as much as this Grandma can

I am thankful that I have good doctors to take care of me and the medications to help me make it through each and every day.

I am thankful for my fur babies that they keep me on my toes and keep me warm and entertained each day that I have to spend hours in my chair.

I am thankful for all the beautiful flowers that flourished this past summer although we had a drought going on.

I am thankful although it has been more stress then what I needed that I was able to bring my Mom from NY to live with me and was there to take care of her through the strokes that she has had to suffer through

i am thankful that my DH has a job and that we have the security of knowledge that the company isn't laying anyone off in the near future

I am thankful that I have a home to live in and that my roof doesn't leak - that we have food on our table each and every day and it is plentiful and bountiful

I am thankful that I have my piano in my house that was missing for 47 years...it gives the music back to my life...

I am thankful that I am a quilter - that the Lord has a way of teaching me through my quilting and brought an abundance of wonderful women into my life - so many friends... 

I am thankful for the computer and the electronics that we have today that make life easier and allows us to live in our homes but not be homebound...

There are so many more things that I could list as my list goes on and on - but I think I have covered the most important ones - if not - shame on me..teehee...

and as Wendy so beautifully said...

May God bless each and every one of you this holiday season... and may you  have a wonderful start for 2013... God bless you!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 11:02 PM

I am thankful to God for giving me life and filling it with so many unexpected gifts.  Specially my DH, when I never expected to love again.  For God's comfort in trials, that turns into blessing.

And for my daughter who makes life interesting at every turn, and that I can finally enjoy that ride without feeling I need to take control of the steering wheel. 

And for that nagging feeling that we needed to have the septic tank pumped before the ground froze.  Did it ever need it.  In a couple more weeks we would have had to burn a brush pile on the dirt on top of the septic tank so we could dig. 

and for all my friends that make me smile and encourage me on QCA,

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,128
Points 14,575
Dawn replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 6:24 AM

I am thankful for my Saviour, Jesus!

I am thankful that my kids are serving the Lord too!

I am thankful for my DH who loves me despite my many flaws, he truly shows love unconditionally.

I am thankful for my health.

I am thankful for 6 fabulous grandkids, who even at their young age, put up w/their nutty Grammy!

I am thankful for the quilters who have paved the way for us, w/their patterns and their ingenuity.

I am thankful for my parents, who loved me and gave me the inheritance of Christianity.

I am thankful to our forefathers, who left the tyranny of the Old World and came to the New World, so we could live free, to worship the Lord w/o fear of prison.

I am thankful for the servicemen and women who protect our rights.

I am thankful for friends and family.

I am thankful for QCA, that we are able to connect w/such fantastic people!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 174,563
Marie replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 10:15 AM

In short, I am thankful I am alive and for everyone and everything the Lord has given me.  God has blessed me with so much that this small space would not be enough to list.  Thank you Lord and Bless us one and all.  

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 700
Points 11,525
Bev replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 10:37 AM

Reading all of the above post has reminded me of ALL of the things I have to be THANKFUL for. So I want to thank all of you and have a wonderful and peaceful Thanksgiving. Bless you all for all of the help and encouragement you have given to all the members of QCA!

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 10:41 AM

Ahh shucks  Bev,  thanks ,You to have a great holiday .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 11:00 AM

I'm so thankful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

For my Abba Father, I'm so thankful to be a Child of the Living God.

The Holy Spirit who guides and strengthens me daily.

For The Word (Holy Bible) thats tells me the stories, history and lessons of God's people.

For my church, pastors and the many people with whom I am allowed to worship my Lord.

Thankful for my very special friends and family, though most are far away, and to those whom I'm able to witness what GOD has done to me and for me.

For my nephew William, his lovely wife and my beautiful great nieces who bring me love and joy.

Thankful for my precious dogs and horses who give unconditional love and their daily needs that keep me moving and happy just to be with them and enjoy their presence.

So thankful for my home and the Provision that has been made for me to live in this awesome country in FREEDOM, freedom to worship, travel and live in peace with dignity and relative comfort.

Thankful for my health and the wonderful Dr's and medical miracles that have seen me through so much as my body ages, yet my mind thinks I'm still a young and beautiful young girl (don't I wish).

Thankful for the Internet which has made it possible to keep in touch with loved ones, to make new friends and to continue to grow and learn.  QCA is included with this portion. 

I'm thankful for all who have come before me, who through their faith, hard work, determination and service have made it possible to write my thankful list...I'm sure there are a million more thanks I should be giving, but won't.

Just know that everyday is a Blessing, another chance to get it right, or at least try.  Another day to Praise My Lord for every breathe I take, because it is only through Him that I even exist.

Thankful for you fellow quilters, who share your knowledge, who grieve, laugh and cry with me.  Who lift me up when needed.  Thank you for your generosity and love.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 17
Points 265

I'm thankful for my family and my precious Grandchildren God has blessed me with.And all the beautiful people you help me on QOA and thankful for friends and Blessings 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:20 AM

I have so much to be thankful for!  My life is full of peace and i rest in God's plan.

funny to share...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:36 AM

Jeanine ,I love it .  happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 3 (40 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use