Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 174,563
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:24 AM

WOW, Star, I just came from your gallery and everything there is so beauty-ous!  Welcome and enjoy QCA!  We're happy to have you.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,194
Points 15,975
Susan replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:59 AM

Welcome, Star ! Oh, you just have to meet Diana ! Her stash is a quilt shop itself ! Glad you  decided to join us. You probley  can teach me a few things about quilting as I have only been doing it for less than 3 years. Your quilts are wonderful!               Susan

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 10:31 AM

Thanks Barbara, Susan and Sukochi for the kind words.  I wish I lived closer to a lot of you so we could start our own sewing group and get together more often.  I love to meet new people and DH has gotten so he doesn't mind me going to all the retreats I want to.  I'd rather drive to them, so they need to be close.....but 12 hour drive is close for me....lol  I'll be seeing you in March, Barbara at Branson.  I can't wait for that one.  Always wanted to go to Branson but not by myself....   Now I have a whole crowd to go with. YAYYYY   We have a lot of fun at our retreats, Star, so you'll have to check them out and join in.  We learn lots of great ideas from each other and just the amount of laughing is so worth it....

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,705
Points 364,337
Kris replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 9:08 PM

Welcome Star.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 2:53 PM

Hi Barbara,

I would love to meet up with you sometime. I used to travel to Crossville on business, but was never able to find that quilt shop. I had heard there was a better quilting community in East TN and a lot more quilt shops. I won't be able to make the retreat in Branson or get to Paducah this year due to impending grandparenthood. Is that even a word? My daughter is due the first week of May, but already scheduled to have them a week early, and may have them even earlier as twins are often early. I have it arranged to head up to Boston right after they are born, whenever that may be. I am going up to Boston to visit and meet the new inlaws the end of January.  I'll check with you when I have a day off, or a free Saturday, probably won't be until Feb.

I will definately keep you in mind as someone I must make time to meet as soon as my schedule permits.

Thanks to everyone who commented on my quilts. They have been a learning experience over the years. I  may see if I can scan in my early quilts. I always try to take a picture of all projects, quilting, cross stitch, hardanger, knit, or crochet. I should make that I try to take a picture of all finished projects, like all craftsy people, I have a healthy stash of UFO's.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use