Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne Posted: Thu, Nov 15 2012 9:29 PM

Can you tell me what to do to edit my own posts in our forum threads. I know where to go to find edit, and I have written my edit , however it doesn't show up in the posts. I only see 'edit tags' but not the message I wanted to post. Just read 9 of the 3567 pages that come up on edit post, mostly they are just about bloggs, I don't have 6 months to go through that junk.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,421
Points 415,889
gini replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 10:13 PM

click on more, click on edit.  erase with right mouse what you want to eliminate and take your cursor to where you want to add content, and add it.   go clear down to the bottom of the page on the lower left click on save.  i think it says save, it might say post. i'll go look.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,421
Points 415,889
gini replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 10:14 PM

it says post.   that saves your changes

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Caryl, to the right of your name where it says reply and More, click on more - pick edit - make your changes - click post and you should be good to go.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

I see gini answered while I was trying to get mine to post...

ETA:  if you use the edit from the drop down More  You can either edit out what you want or erase it and start over, what ever you want.

• Filed under:
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 10:48 PM

Spud  my need to know is. how to get those edited words to show up in my original post.
do you see the red words edit tags? on my original post above, why is that there and not my edit. it shows up this way in the forum I just posted in tonight.

so GINI do I need to erase my original post and add new wording? then when I click post it will show what I edited as well? I will try that thanks so much

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,421
Points 415,889
gini replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 10:52 PM

caryl anne,  you only need to erase the bits you want to erase, then add the bits you want to change.  then hit post.  the changes will show up, not your original post.

if you have a duplicate post or a post you want to eliminate.  you can't get rid of the post.  you can, however, get rid of what it says.  i will erase the comment and type in duplicate post  or post deleted, for instance. and click on post on the bottom of the page.  only the comment duplicate post will show up in place of what was there.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,421
Points 415,889
gini replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 10:53 PM

one caveat,  if a member has their posts go to their e-mail,  the original post will show up in their e-mail.  even if it has been edited  here.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Caryl, the Edit tags is for putting tags in your post to make searching for certain post later or to make certain words show up in a search i.e. binding or applique... Also, if you look at my post just above yours, I edited it to show you.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 11:01 PM

very cool ladies. I see the difference now. Thanks so much.
I was frustrated tonight earlier when tring to send an answer to tara and then her photos showed up so I went in to edit my response to her delima on photos not showing.. lol any way she is up and now I have my answer as well.. Thanks again :)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Your welcome!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use