Top 10 Posters

Accuquilt Go question

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
15 Posts
Points 150
94Quilter posted on Mon, Nov 12 2012 8:42 PM

Hi, I am purchasing an Accuquilt Go with a friend. We will each buy our own mats and share the dies. Are there any little hot tips that you have learned from experience with using the GO cutter that would help me before I order? Any information would be appreciated. Such as ....

Make sure you >>>>>

Don't forget to >>>>>

I'm so glad I >>>>>

I should have >>>>>

Thanks in advance!! Venessa

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
23,826 Posts
Points 352,632
Kris replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 3:41 PM

Visit the AccuQuilt website's AccuQuilt U for tips and tricks.

I have the cutter but hardly ever use it. It's great for cutting scraps into squares and triangles or short strips. I find when using the longer strip dies the fabric gets pushed along making for less accurate cuts. Their remedy is to put paper between the fabric and the cutting mat. Not a great solution for me.

Hope you and your friend enjoy it more than I do.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,344 Posts
Points 126,144

I cannot help you with your question, but wanted to say Hi and nice to meet you...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 4:37 PM

I just got one for a gift from my spouse! I love it. I found dies on sale at  quilters warehouse .com.  They are having a 30% off sale on all dies. I also got a few from Amazon. I compared all prices. These are the cheapest and best selection. I love the dies with curves, because they are so difficult to get them correct when using templates and rotary cutter. Like drunkards path, another one that is great is the Rob Peter to pay Paul. I also like the shapes for applique. The snow flakes are beautiful!  I did not get the strip dies, These are easy to cut, and the dies are expensive. If you have carpal tunnel or arthritis in your hands and fingers, this machine is great. I love it, and it's fun. Just another fun tool in my arsenal. By the way they have the cutter on sale there too for 182.    This is the go.   Good price.   Let us know how you like it!

Not Ranked
15 Posts
Points 150

HI, thanks so much for the hot tip, but I just went to the website and I can't find a single accuquilt item? Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place? The site has all the different names of companies down the left hand side? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Venessa

Not Ranked
15 Posts
Points 150

Thanks a bunch for your input. Both good and not so good are helpful bits of information. Venessa

replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 1:04 AM

94Quilter:

HI, thanks so much for the hot tip, but I just went to the website and I can't find a single accuquilt item? Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place? The site has all the different names of companies down the left hand side? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Venessa

http://quilting-warehouse.com/. Here it is, sorry I wrote the wrong one down.  You have to put that - in there...

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use