Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 320
Susan Posted: Mon, Nov 12 2012 11:06 AM

I have been sewing since I was 10. My mother signed my sister and I up when my dad went to Viet Nam and she was working. I guess to keep us out of trouble. In 2000, my grandson, then 4-1/2, wanted a dinosaur bedroom.  I decided to go and pick up a bolt of dinosaur fabric  by Cranston.  I was just going to make curtains & comforter; however, my friend who was visiting from the east coast, decided I needed to fussy cut the dinosaurs and applique them to blocks.  At this point, I'm going whaaaaaaa.....So she proceeded to show me what she was talking about, Voila, a quilter was born.  I've been quilting ever since.  At first I was making quilts for children in my church. Now I just make quilts and the good Lord tells me who to bless.  In 2009, my lovely husband surprised me with a LA--a Queen Quilter 18 by Tin Lizzie.  It was a good idea and  a good present, but I've had  nothing but headaches and heartaches since the purchase, but I struggle along.  May be I can save up my do-re-mi, and buy a better one.  This time, though, I will do my homework a little better.  After buying the Tin Lizzie, I've found more people dissatisfied then satisfied. So that's my life in a nutshell.

• | Post Points: 140
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 11:13 AM

Susan welcome to the club, you will love it here ,you'll meet some great folks form all over the US and the World . I hope you will enjoy your time here with us .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,069
Points 29,200
Ramona replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 11:14 AM

SusanB-32

Welcome to the site. You will love it here. Lots of talented and quilt friendly people. Be sure to check out all the areas and we'd love to see pictures of projects you're working on or have completed. We all love to ooo and ahh. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,964
gini replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 11:31 AM

hi susan, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 11:39 AM

Welcome, Susan ! Im a Susan, too. Where are you from ? What are your favorite things to make? There are a lot of great folks here at QCA wanting to share ideas with you. Hope you drop in often to chat with us. Looking forward to seeing some pics, too.    Susan, North Florida

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Susan, it is nice to meet you. Sorry you are having a bad experience with your TL. If this was bought through a dealer, they should be able to help you figure it out and, if not, call the TL headquarters and ask for help. Hang in there, there is a huge learning curve when quilting on a frame...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 12:44 PM

Welcome Susan.  We do have a discussion thread called "Longarmers Share" that you might like to look at to see if anyone there can offer suggestions for whatever problems you are having with your Tin Lizzie.  I purchased a used early-model HQ16 that I know I'll never make prize-winning quilts on, but it allows me to do some simple all-over designs quicker/easier than I can do on my domestic sewing machine.  One of the best tips I learned in the "Longarmer" discussion was to switch to Glide polyester thread and Glide magna-bobbins.  That has really helped with tension issues and thread breakage.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 3:03 PM

Hi Susan, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 176,473
Marie replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 3:19 PM

Hi Susan B, welcome to QCA, enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 6:04 PM

Welcome Susan :)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Hi Susan. Welcome to the club. I can't wait to see some of your quilts. I get a lot of inspiration from the "Show and Tell Gallery". Take a look. It's fun.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,849
Points 366,422
Kris replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 3:36 PM

Welcome Susan. Sorry about your Tin Lizzie troubles.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use