My Introduction

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 235
Wickedduck Posted: Sun, Nov 11 2012 10:39 AM

Hi there I am from Lumsden, Saskatchewan, Canada.  Any other Canadians out there???  I so want to come down the the States on a Quilt Shop Hop sometime!!  Would love to meet new quilting friends!!  I have been sewing for a number of years, made all sorts of things being a mother of six!  I enjoy sewing for my family and will not live long enough for the requests! LOL  I love making quilts and would really like to learn the machine quilting techniques and my dream is to have a long arm quilting machine someday!!  I have a seweing machine that does embroidery for five years and still sit and learn something new everytime!!!  I love creating and look forward to meeting kindred spirits!!!

Thanks,

Wicked!!

• | Post Points: 110
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 10:46 AM

Hello Wicked and Welcome.    I'm not a Canadian but we do have a few.  Darlene(2manyhorses) is from Canada and she's usually around here somewhere so keep watch for her.  I'm in East Tn. and we have a great shop hop every year in June.  I know they advertise it in some of the national quilt magazines.  We also have a really nice quilt show in Pigeon Forge, TN  every year in March too. 

We all love to share our quilting like I'm sure you do, so share pics, ideas, and hints.  We love to see what everyone likes to do and different things they do.  Jump right in.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 11:57 AM

hi wicked, and welcome to the group.   we have quite a few canadians here.  there is an entire group for candians.  go to groups in the bar up above and click on groups  click on the canadian group, and click to join.   they just made a group quilt  that is pretty cool.

we are having a retreat in branson missouri in march. everyone is welcome to come to the retreats on a first come basis.  once they are full you go on a waiting list.  there is a retreat in the smokey mountains in june.  may-washington.   fall oregon, iowa, ohio?   in the group section, check out retreats.   we organize these ourselves to keep them affordable.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,372
Points 175,018
Marie replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 12:05 PM

Welcome to our family, Wicked!  I hope you realize your dream some day soon.  Enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,482
Points 24,725
Debbie replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 1:28 PM

I'm Debbie Robertus, from Oklahoma City, OK, heartland of America.  I sewed alot when my children, now ages 39, 37, and 36, were little, especially for my two daughters.  Then quit sewing for a long time and started quilting about 10 years ago.  I really enjoy oiecing the tops but do NOT like the quilting, so usually hire it out.  I enjoy the process of creating the blocks and finished top out of little pieces.  I have 7 grandchildren and still work full-time (librarian) so I get to see lots of books and magazines with new ideas for quilting.  Looking forward to the day I retire in 4-5 years and I can quilt as much as I want. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 1:38 PM

dear1953:
Looking forward to the day I retire in 4-5 years and I can quilt as much as I want. 

it would seem that this would be the case, somehow it doesn't work out.  

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 62
Points 1,120
Lindsey replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 3:30 PM

Hi Wicked! You have come to the right place to meet kindred spirits! I'm sure you'll be "popping over" to the States before you know it! Lol! Be sure to save your pennies!

Welcome and you'll also get lots of ideas too!

Happy stitching, Lindsey, Norfolk, UK

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 3:46 PM

Welcome Wicked :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Wicked and it is nice to meet you.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,372
Points 175,018
Marie replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 3:54 PM

Hi Debbie R., welcome!  I agree with Gini, the more time you have the less time you quilt.  Enjoy the site!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 3:55 PM

Wicked welcome to the club, you will love it here. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 3:55 PM

Debbie, welcome to the club.  Hope you enjjoy your time iwth us . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 7:21 PM

Welcome WD and Debbie

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Debbie, I was sure I had said Hi and nice to meet you earlier - I swear this site eats posts :) - anyway I look forward to getting to know you.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 10:27 PM

Hi Wicked,

I had to look up Lumsden to see where it was at.  Isn't there a Hutterite community near there? 

I am about an hour from Canada, in Eastern WA.   Vivian is from Canada, I think Alberta or east BC.  Not sure. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use