Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny Posted: Fri, Nov 9 2012 4:29 PM

Hi all, Well, this has been a frustrating week.  I haven't been able to access the site to comment on all the goings on all week, so I wanted to respond to at least one posting-- Congratulations Gini for the news of the newest member of your clan that is still in the oven baking.  8 grandkids huh?  Well, you will match me in the numbers, but mine will be great grandkids.  I know that you and Sam must be thrilled.

It has been so frustrating wanting to comment on all the goings on this past week, and I have been quiet as a mouse because I was locked out.  I still don't know how it happened but at least I got this site working.  Got myQuilt kit fromMSQC yesterday, so I had better get cracking.    --- Oh, Barbara, great news from the Dr appt.   I had to go today too as I thought I was getting celllulitis in my left lower leg.  I dropped 4 sheets of laminate flooring on my shina week ago, huge bruise, but also a very large blood blister immediately appeared.  Kept it up and put ice on it for 2 days, then have elevated it a lot this week, but last night it started having picking and throbbing sensations and increased warmth under the bruise.  Doc says I am having a clot below the bruise develop.  It is late because I am on blood thinners.  So now I have to elevate it and put warm compresses on it and keep the blister from opening to encourage the healing process.  I HAVE TOO MUCH SEWING TO DO, COME ON FOR PITy'S SAKE.  Oh well, I will do as th Doc says.  At least I can start cutting my charms up.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 5:03 PM

thanks, ginny, i wish it were 8, but this one will make 7.   how were you locked out?

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 5:05 PM

your leg sounds painful, too.  i hope it gets better soon

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 5:19 PM

Ginny, tons of prayers that that leg gets better soon - we can't have you away from the sewing machine for too long.  Oh dear I agree - Pity's sakes alive...

I am sorry that this week has been frustrating - I am glad that you opened a new thread to talk to us.  8 great grandkids for you - 8 grand kids for Gini - well I am on my third grand child... well he/she is in the bun so to speak - arriving april of next year and I am very excited....

Take good care of yourself!  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 5:42 PM

I don't know why I was locked out, but once I was locked out I kapt remembering the wrong signin name and password.  Gee, I must have misunderstood, I thought you had 7 and this was going to be # 8.  Oh, well, I only had 3 grandchildren-all girls-  and see what it ended up with. LOL .

I am still having a problem with my internet, it's not remembering my paswords and asking for them everytime I try to get online or change sites.  Guess I'll try my-hmmm, don't know who I will contact 1st tomorrow, if any one is available.    Ginny

P.S. by the way, that was a good approach that Sam had for getting that bill paid.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 6:35 PM

Ginny

Sorry about the leg.  That sounds really painful.  Hope it gets better quickly.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 8:05 PM

Nana,  It is more irritating than actually painful.  Just one of those gnawing, gnawing irritations, but I know if I don't take care of it properly that it can become the beginning of a chonic problem.   I hope it gets better fast too.  I am getting impatient    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 9:48 PM

I am so excited went to nieces wedding shower today and seen my DD this is my girl who for years has said she'd never have kids ,  in conversation that never went to a when I have kids!!!!! I am doing a happy dance .  I simply can't wait .  

I came home started moving furniture again in sewing room wanna be and i keep thinking about the gidget table I think it would really be a solution to my ongoing problem.  Either that or I'll start looking at folding tables.  My body sure needs a rest from what I call musical furniture.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 9:45 AM

Ginny , hope the leg is doing better No way to prop  it up at the Machine,  I 'd sure find a way ..LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 10:13 AM

Barbara,  It doesn't feel too bad if I am not up on it for very long.  But I have to put warm compresses on it now to try to reduce the hematoma beneath the  huge blood blister that is there.  It really looks bad. Dr doesn't want that to beak or I could develop an infection there.  Actually, it really looks scary.  I try to  let only a few people see it if necessary.   But I did get my blocks cut out yesterday.  Don't know yet if I am going to like the results.  We will just have to see what happens.   I feel that there are just too many different patterns to look cohesive.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 10:30 AM

Ginny  hang in there , I hope the leg will not give you to much trouble . and I would not let anyone see it if they are gonna get all upset about it . You have been in contact with your Doctor and you are doing what he tells you  ,just be cautious and if any sudden changes you get your butt to the ER as WEll ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 2:36 PM

Oh Barbara,  I did a bad thing just when I told you that I was going to be good.  We went out for our, probably, last ride of the year on the motorccycle.   Well, after all it was 70 degrees here and we hadn't been to the cider mill yet this year.   Had about a 50 mile ride.  And fresh cider and doughnuts. Yum!  I was soo bad.  Now I am sitting with my leg elevated waiting to put warm compresses on it.  It actually feels pretty good except when something touches it.   Now I need to go work on some quilty stuff.    Ginny

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use