Top 10 Posters

Favorite quilt Block

Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 30 Replies | 4 Followers

replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 6:03 PM

I have to agree with you, I also believe it is all about the fabric choice!  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 6:58 PM

Thanks Marie, I will

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 7:28 PM

Candis:

This is true for all blocks, isn't it?  I do like so many of the older designs, but my all time favorite is Aunt Sukey's Choice - and I did make the quilt, just love it, in reds and whites.

• | Post Points: 35
replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 7:53 PM

Carol:

Candis:

This is true for all blocks, isn't it?  I do like so many of the older designs, but my all time favorite is Aunt Sukey's Choice - and I did make the quilt, just love it, in reds and whites.

Carol:

Candis:
I would love to see your quilt, I dont think I have seen this block,,

replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 12:57 PM

Okay ya'l I know there are more favorite blocks than just a handfull of People. I really want to know! I love seeing the diversity, and variety. so far Log Cabins are a biggee..

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,820
Points 248,549
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 1:05 PM

Candis here is a photo of my favorite blocks , this is from the BOM in the PP groups ..I love doing these ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 50
replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 1:14 PM

Barbara:

Candis here is a photo of my favorite blocks , this is from the BOM in the PP groups ..I love doing these ..Barbara

And I love looking at the ones you have done, are you going to make them into a quilt?  I also love the teapot block you do?  You did a wonderful job on these. Love points and paper piecing. Some of my favs too!! Thanks for sharing!   Awesome really!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,820
Points 248,549
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 1:17 PM

Thanks Candis,  Yeah your PP is awesome I've seen it.  I have put the teapots on temporary hold for now . but I do hope to get back to them soon.  Had to many other things going on. but I do have  several to get done. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 5,100
Annette replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 10:07 PM

Love your blocks Barbara.   Very pretty.

Annette

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 5,100
Annette replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 10:08 PM

Love your blocks Barbara.   Very pretty.

Annette

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,820
Points 248,549
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 8:55 AM

Thanks  Annette. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,528
Points 31,105
Diana replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 9:06 AM

As you can see by my avatar, I love the log cabin.  I'm made several and have blocks all ready for another one in my studio.  I've made black,white,and red,  yellow and green, red,white and blue and I want to make more.  I've got some great red and white fabric that would be great too.   Also love disappearing 9-patches.  I've found several variations so it never gets boring.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 9:22 AM

Diana:

As you can see by my avatar, I love the log cabin.  I'm made several and have blocks all ready for another one in my studio.  I've made black,white,and red,  yellow and green, red,white and blue and I want to make more.  I've got some great red and white fabric that would be great too.   Also love disappearing 9-patches.  I've found several variations so it never gets boring.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

I would love to see all of them! So many patterns to chose from, and now they are doing modern log cabin!  Please share!  I went to your gallery in hopes of seeing them all, but I did enjoy the pics of your studio, lucky girl!  Have you thought of joining us in the round robin starting in Jan.  we would love to have you, and anyone else interested.  

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 143
Points 4,460
Joe replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 10:43 AM

I agree with whichever expert said "Log Cabin, but I haven't made one in thirty years". My story is similar. 

But really, other than my lizards and uclassifyable stuff, I really like the nine patch. That would be my indispensable block. You can do so much with it, and make scraps look better than they are.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:35 PM

I actually find pinwheels indispensable and any kind of star block.  I hear so many say that the don't like HST's and flying geese, but they can add so much to a quilt.   I've tried my hand at paper piecing, and it is so time consuming for me...makes beautiful quilts though.  I like French braid, too.  I guess there isn't really a block a don't like, except maybe those that require "y" seams.

Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use