Pellon Nature's Soft batting

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 143 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,391 Posts
Points 115,435
Judy T-Bellingham posted on Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:19 AM

On Nov 21, Joann's will have a sale on Pellon Natures Soft cotton batting.  It's a 25 yard roll, 90" wide for $99.99 which looks incredible to me. Plus the 10% I get off for the QCA membership would bring it down to $90! It says it's lightweight, breathable, needle punched with a stabilizing scrim binder.

I don't know what all that means. Has anyone used it? How does it compare to Warm and Natural which is what I've always used?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 170

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,776 Posts
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 11:50 AM

thanks Tammy that is good information to know . I have not useed my roll yet but I have stuff to quilt so will be soon . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
1,794 Posts
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 8:52 AM

Hi everyone,

Just wondering what everyone thought about this batting??

I've been using my exclusively, I actually forgot I had my W&N roll right behind it.

I may not be batting savvy enough, but I can't really tell the difference.  The only think I notice every once in a while and only when I'm sandwiching,  is that the thickness seems less dense in certain spots.

Curious about what you all thing about it.....

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
286 Posts
Points 26,315

Stumbled into this discussion when coming to ask a question of my own.  This batting is on sale again until Sunday for $119.99.

So what were the thoughts of those who bought this in November?  Worth the price?

Darlene

from Western New York

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,195 Posts
Points 24,070

I bougt it at the November sale for $99.00 plus free shipping.  I like it.  very similar to warn and Natural maybe SLIGHTLY thinner

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,661 Posts
Points 62,595
Jacy replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 5:06 PM

I just recently opened mine and used it for a baby quilt. I didn't notice any issues with it, quilted the same as my other batting.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
286 Posts
Points 26,315

Thanks Elizabeth.

I am thinking that the thinner factor will not matter.

My biggest concern is where to store until I use it. 

My DH says the cat will love it and I am sure he is right but this is quite a deal.

Thanks again.

Darlene

from Western New York

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
286 Posts
Points 26,315

Jacy, I am actually thinking of it for mostly baby quilts and ws glad to hear that you were pleased with the results.

Thanks for your answer.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,251 Posts
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 6:36 PM

Darlene:

Stumbled into this discussion when coming to ask a question of my own.  This batting is on sale again until Sunday for $119.99.

So what were the thoughts of those who bought this in November?  Worth the price?

Darlene, I also bought this back in November and it's still in it's plastic laying on the floor on the far side of my bed, reson being that I still have some warm and natural for a couple more quilts.  LOL. Hope to work on some of my UFO's and get to use it before the end of the year.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,391 Posts
Points 115,435

Darlene:

Stumbled into this discussion when coming to ask a question of my own.  This batting is on sale again until Sunday for $119.99. So what were the thoughts of those who bought this in November?  Worth the price?

Darlene, I've used it for a table runner and a lap quilt. I was very happy with it. It's soft, easily quilted. Really, I couldn't tell much difference from Warm and Natural. It might be very slightly thinner and softer. I thought it was easy to work with.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
1,794 Posts
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 9:25 PM

I am very pleased with it and you can't beat the price.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
286 Posts
Points 26,315

Annie, thanks for the answer.  Appreciate it.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
286 Posts
Points 26,315

Judy, thanks for your info.

Hoping that you and George continue to have good days while George gets accustomed to the oxygen.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
286 Posts
Points 26,315

Marie, thanks for your answer.  Hoping that you get into those UFOs soon.

Of course, you will be busy with the new DGGS and those UFOs will not go away while you spend time with him.

Blessings on your family.

Just don't fall over it on the floor there beside your bed.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,251 Posts
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 2:31 PM

Darlene:

Blessings on your family.

Just don't fall over it on the floor there beside your bed.

Darlene, thank you for your blessings.

I've already tripped on that bugger!  Taught me not to get up on the wrong side of the bed.

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
37 Posts
Points 555
Pat replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 8:04 PM

I just came upon this post as I was looking to get some opinions on this batting. I bought it at JoAnn's awhile ago, queen size for $15, half-price. The lady at the register told me she had used it and loved it, for both hand and machine quilting. I want to use it to hand quilt, and have my quilt all sandwiched (spray basted) but now am worried the scrim will make hand quilting too difficult. I found the batting to be very soft and pliable, much more so than Warm and Natural, maybe slightly thinner as well. For those reasons I am hoping it will needle well. Let's hope so....

Page 9 of 10 (144 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use