Pellon Nature's Soft batting

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 143 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,391 Posts
Points 115,420
Judy T-Bellingham posted on Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:19 AM

On Nov 21, Joann's will have a sale on Pellon Natures Soft cotton batting.  It's a 25 yard roll, 90" wide for $99.99 which looks incredible to me. Plus the 10% I get off for the QCA membership would bring it down to $90! It says it's lightweight, breathable, needle punched with a stabilizing scrim binder.

I don't know what all that means. Has anyone used it? How does it compare to Warm and Natural which is what I've always used?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 170

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
1,794 Posts
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 7:48 AM

Mimi,

I was thinking about the "under the bed" idea, As it is right now, the roll is too big for under my bed, but I was thinking maybe unrolling it and folding it like a zig-zag and putting it in a black plastic bag and then putting it under the bed?? 

I think my cats may start scratching away at it though.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,408 Posts
Points 40,125
Mimi replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 7:56 PM

Annie:
Mimi,I was thinking about the "under the bed" idea

Well of course when I got home today there was a tall box on my front stoop. It came a day early!!  Luckily DH was still at work so he didn't see it.  It was so light and easy to lift.  After I cut open the box and lifted out the roll of batting I knew it wouldn't fit under any of my beds either but since we are empty-nesters we have lots of closets that aren't used at all.  I decided to stand it up in a corner of one of the smaller walk-in closets.  I think it will be quite a while before DH sees it.  I've been collecting boxes to pack up our kitchen during the remodel scheduled for January.  So I put the big batting box with the other empty boxes I've been bringing home from work.  I don't think he'll even question where it came from.  He'll just assume that I brought it home from work.  So I think everything is under control.  Thanks for all your help.  I'll let you know when he finally discovers it.  LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,249 Posts
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 8:42 AM

Mimi, I discovered mine on the deck yesterday as well.  Mine will probably find it's way into the attic, too big for anywhere else.  Never imagined anything this size!  My thought of it fitting under a bed was hysterical, the bed would have to be set on stilts mid air!  LOL

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,391 Posts
Points 115,420

My 25 yard roll of batting arrived a few minutes ago. We took it out of the box and played with options. We are going to mount it above the wide doorway into my room. I'll just roll off what I need and it's the only place it would be out of the way in our small home. In the meantime it will be stuffed into the closet in George's "play" room.

As he was carrying it back he set it down and said "hmmm". I didn't like the sound of that and said "What??"....  "This could make a good punching bag or kicking bag".

I stuffed it under my work table until we get it hung up. It's in the way but better than him setting it up in his room and using it as a Smurf punching bag.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,776 Posts
Points 247,884

Gee I feel left out mine didn't come in a box. LOL   just wrapped in plastic.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,391 Posts
Points 115,420

Barbara:

Gee I feel left out mine didn't come in a box. LOL   just wrapped in plastic.

Want the box Barbara??  We are looking at this humongous thing and wondering what to do with it. If our kids were little they would use it as a playhouse!  George suggested using it for a Christmas gift card. Funny man.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,776 Posts
Points 247,884

no that's okay but thanks lol

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
1,794 Posts
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 10:10 PM

Don't feel bad Barbara, mine came in plastic as well.  No box 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,589

So, has anyone actually used theirs? If so, how do you like it?

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,391 Posts
Points 115,420

Spudgrandma:

So, has anyone actually used theirs? If so, how do you like it?

Maybe next week on a table topper I'm making for my granddaughter for Christmas. Of course, then I have to squeeze it out of it's hiding place where George can't get at it to use as a punching bag. But maybe by then we'll have it installed in it's place above the door way.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,589

Judy,  I look forward to finding out how it works. Are you going to hang it above the door so that you can roll it out and cut it or will you have to take it down each time?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,391 Posts
Points 115,420

Spudgrandma:

Judy,  I look forward to finding out how it works. Are you going to hang it above the door so that you can roll it out and cut it or will you have to take it down each time?

I'm looking forward to seeing if it works also. The plan is to hang it and roll and cut as needed. We'll see. Sometimes the best laid plans and all that...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,589

Judy T-Bellingham:
Sometimes the best laid plans and all that..

Exactly, for some reason when you said you were going to hang it above the door I had visions of the bucket above the door... :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,776 Posts
Points 247,884

Spud, I'm hoping to use some of mine by this weekend ,I'm using it on the quilts I'm doing for the Sandy project ,I think I have found a spot in my house where I can lay it out  to cut. I hope so cause this has been my big problem no place to sandwich my quilts . I'll let you know if I can get it to work .LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,195 Posts
Points 24,070

Opened my batting to use on a QOV on the longarm.  Bit disappointed it is a much lighter weight than Warm and Natural.  More like Hobbs.  Will work well for charity quilts but will prob buy Warm and Natural for my quilts.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Page 7 of 10 (144 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use