Pellon Nature's Soft batting

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 143 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,675 Posts
Points 120,485
Judy Taylor-Bellingham posted on Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:19 AM

On Nov 21, Joann's will have a sale on Pellon Natures Soft cotton batting.  It's a 25 yard roll, 90" wide for $99.99 which looks incredible to me. Plus the 10% I get off for the QCA membership would bring it down to $90! It says it's lightweight, breathable, needle punched with a stabilizing scrim binder.

I don't know what all that means. Has anyone used it? How does it compare to Warm and Natural which is what I've always used?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 170

All Replies

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,212 Posts
Points 24,505

Jacy, Thanks r the code.  Did not know you could order it online!!!  You saved me

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
1,794 Posts
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 10:29 AM

Jacy:

I just ordered one online so I won't have to wait in line tomorrow!

If you use the code "TJKB326" you can get free shipping on it too.

Thanks Jacy for the free shipping code and Judy for finding such a great deal.

Can't wait for the delivery

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,459 Posts
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 10:56 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:
My quilting stuff is gradually taking over the house anyway;

You and me both Judy.  I just asked DH this morning if I could please, please, pretty please move my sewing room upstairs to the den instead of being in the basement.  He looked at me kinda cross-eyed and said "Well okay but this is what I see happening if we do that.  You would eventually extend to the living room and then the dining room and then the kitchen until finally the only place that wouldn't be quilting related would be my chair at the kitchen table."  Silly guy.  Doesn't he know I'd probably take over his chair too?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
387 Posts
Points 7,355

I too am slowly expanding my quilting area. I started out sharing the dining room table, then I got a small desk in the corner, then convinced my DH to let me have the whole breakfast nook, and am now slowly taking over the guest bedroom. Tee hee.

Denise Smart

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055

Obviously, I didn't check here late enough last night to see that you could order the batting on-line and with free shipping no-less...so, I did drive to Wenatchee (left at 5:30 am and arrived at JoAnn's promptly at 8:00am...first in line) and did get my roll of batting.  Yay!!!!!  Did you know there was not a limit as to how many you could purchase?  Apparently, one gal who was 2nd in line today behind me, was the 5th in line yesterday for the poly batting, but a lady in front of her took 2 rolls so she did not get any.  Now that I think about it, the ad did not say anything about a limit of 1 per customer, etc.  So, next time maybe pick up two???  Or is that fair ??? Hmmm...

We made the rounds: shopping for the holidays, a second fabric store for stabilizer, Costco and then headed home by 1pm.  I need a nap!!!  I picked up the JoAnn's Holiday Doorbuster Flyer at the Post Office on the way home...and it looks like there are lots more good prices and sales on-line in the next week or so...also with free shipping if you spend over $35.00 (easy-peasy).  I'm NOT ready to drive to Wenatchee again on Friday...no way!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014

Donna, gald you managed to get a roll. I wish I had the money to buy more,but maybe dreams will come ture someday ..LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,459 Posts
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 6:16 PM

Barbara, I got a roll on line and used my 15% teacher discount.  I'd be glad to share some with you.

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
69 Posts
Points 1,020

Woo Hoo! I was second in line this morning at  the opening and I got a roll. So pleased that others got a roll too. Happy Thanksgiving!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014

thanks Mimi ,but I did order a roll ,I just wish I could have affored two ..LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,459 Posts
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 9:34 PM

Me too Barbara.  But I don't know where I'm going to hide this one from DH.  LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 11:42 PM

Mimi, as much as I miss my hubby , I 'm glad I don't have to worry about that anymore.He would never understand. Even though he did like seeing the finished project.  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
1,794 Posts
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 10:41 PM

Mimi,

were you able to use your teacher discount and free shipping too??

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,459 Posts
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 11:53 PM

Annie:
were you able to use your teacher discount and free shipping too??

No I sure tried hard to enter two codes but the site isn't set up for that.  It would be nice if they had free shipping to local stores if you picked it up.  It still was about $4.00 cheaper than if I had just gotten free shipping.  The price per yard was about $3.40.  Sure hope it's good quality.  I guess a lot of us will be critiquing it soon.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
1,794 Posts
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Nov 23 2012 11:25 PM

I do hope it's good. That's a lot of batting. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,459 Posts
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 8:37 PM

Okay.  I just had to share. I just got an email from Joann's saying my batting had shipped and was coming Fed EX.  Anyone else about to received an extra large box for an early Christmas present?  I'm so excited.  I just don't know where I 'm going to put it.

• | Post Points: 50
Page 5 of 10 (144 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use