Pellon Nature's Soft batting

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 143 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,788 Posts
Points 122,700
Judy T-Bellingham posted on Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:19 AM

On Nov 21, Joann's will have a sale on Pellon Natures Soft cotton batting.  It's a 25 yard roll, 90" wide for $99.99 which looks incredible to me. Plus the 10% I get off for the QCA membership would bring it down to $90! It says it's lightweight, breathable, needle punched with a stabilizing scrim binder.

I don't know what all that means. Has anyone used it? How does it compare to Warm and Natural which is what I've always used?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 170

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,788 Posts
Points 122,700

Donna B:

I just called the Wenatchee JoAnn's and they don't open until 9am, but they suggested I might want to be here by 8 because they don't expect their 5 rolls to last more than the first 5 minutes...so I will need to be in line!

we will all have to check in tomorrow and see who was lucky enough to get one. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,661 Posts
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 11:17 PM

I just ordered one online so I won't have to wait in line tomorrow!

If you use the code "TJKB326" you can get free shipping on it too.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,788 Posts
Points 122,700

Jacy:

Jacy, for goodness sakes, I OWE YOU a big one!!  How did you know about the code? Thank you thank you thank you. I just orderd it and then turned off my alarm clock which was set for 6:00 AM. I can sleep in (which I probably won't do anyway).

Not Ranked
Female
31 Posts
Points 680

Just ordered online and got my discount with my Joanns card.  My shipping was about $14 so not bad.  Most reviews were positive so we'll see!!!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
31 Posts
Points 680

Ouch just saw the post about the free shipping - oh well.....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014

Just ordered mine online  as well ,thanks for the code Jacy. 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 20

I ordered one online early this morning and used a Free shipping coupon from their Doorbuster e-mail.

• Filed under:
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,661 Posts
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 9:14 AM

Judy and Barbara, I got the free shipping code in an email from Joann's about 2 days ago, happy to share.

Donna, don't feel bad for missing the code, you can only use 1 code when you order online so you have to choose QCA discount or free shipping.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,788 Posts
Points 122,700

I ordered the batting. Did anyone get an email confirmation of their order? I didn't. It gave me an on-screen confirmation number and does show in my account as "processing".  But I'm so used to getting an confirmation email when I order online from various places. Does Joann's not do that? I'm nervous about my order.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 10:00 AM

Judy ,that is all I have so far myself . I think they do send a receipt once it is processed thru your bank. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,788 Posts
Points 122,700

Joann's Saturday doorbuster is their Quilters Showcase Prints for $1.99 yard, regularly $4.99. I know these may not be the highest quality, but I think they would work for some things. I can't make it into the store on Saturday but I'm going to stop there today and write down the fabrics I want. Then order them online.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 10:07 AM

Judy ,thier flannel is also on sale and that is what I want to get .  I need some flannel badly.. LOL

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,529 Posts
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 10:11 AM

Jacy:

Jacy, I ordered before I read your email so I got charged for shipping but I called the toll free number with the code you gave and they credited my account for the shipping charges.  Thank you so much, now I can go and buy a yard of beautiful fabric cause I saved $11 +.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,788 Posts
Points 122,700

Barbara:

Judy ,that is all I have so far myself . I think they do send a receipt once it is processed thru your bank. Barbara

Thanks Barbara. I feel better now.  I'm sure it will ship slowly but I'm in no hurry to get it. It is going to be a challenge to figure out how to store that big roll. No closet room, no free corners, no extra space at all. I may have to, I don't know, hang it from the ceiling?? I love having a small house in our advancing age, less to clean, but it does present problems with all my quilting supplies.

This may sound strange but something just occurred to me. Maybe I could take down the pictures on the wall in the spare bedroom (which is also George's exercise and computer room). Mount brackets that would hold a heavy dowel and put the roll on that. Then I could just unroll what I need. It would rather look odd but I know George wouldn't mind. My quilting stuff is gradually taking over the house anyway; why not his room also? Or maybe we could move stuff and make room on a wall in the garage. Have to give this some thought.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 10:19 AM

Judy ,sound reasonable to me.I have no idea were I'm going to put mine.but  I'll figure something else.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 4 of 10 (144 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use