Pellon Nature's Soft batting

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 143 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,600 Posts
Points 119,070
Judy Taylor-Bellingham posted on Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:19 AM

On Nov 21, Joann's will have a sale on Pellon Natures Soft cotton batting.  It's a 25 yard roll, 90" wide for $99.99 which looks incredible to me. Plus the 10% I get off for the QCA membership would bring it down to $90! It says it's lightweight, breathable, needle punched with a stabilizing scrim binder.

I don't know what all that means. Has anyone used it? How does it compare to Warm and Natural which is what I've always used?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 170

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,600 Posts
Points 119,070

I finally heard back from Joann's about the sale. In the flyer they say it's Pellon Natures SOFT.  Pellon told me they do not have a Natures SOFT, just Natures TOUCH. I contacted Joann's and they emailed me yesterday. The flyer is a misprint, it's Natures TOUCH that is on sale. The Pellon representative told me it is an incredible sale and they've never seen it offered so low.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,600 Posts
Points 119,070

JeanneOJ:
Also, if you go to this item on Joann.com, you can find out how many your store has in stock.  

Jeanne, thanks for the info. This is very helpful. It says the store nearest me has 11 rolls. I figure on being at their door when they open at 8am on the 21st. I hope I like the batting. I've never used it but I am nearly out of my large stock of Warm and Natural and at this price I'll give Natures Touch a try.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,373 Posts
Points 175,023
Marie replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 10:31 AM

Thanks JeanneOJ, they only have 3 in stock at my store.  I wonder if they will offer a rain check?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 10:39 AM

I got a flyer in the mail and they are having a big sale Friday and Sat and there is a 60% off coupon in there ,I'm going to go get me one of the bolts of batting to use as I have alot of quilt to do . They also had some 50 % coupons as well .. yippy- I- kiay .Store will open at 6am on Friday ,I'm gonna be there.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 11:06 AM

I just checked and the E. Wenatchee store (closest to me at 105 miles) has 5 rolls.  They open at 8 AM, so I would need to leave home by at least 5AM - more likely 4AM with it being dark and the deer running back and forth across the road.  PLUS, it is absolutely pouring down rain here (very unusual for us) and that is forecast to continue  through this week...so it would be a nasty drive!  We are thinking about it...

Winthrop, WA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
704 Posts
Points 13,730

I went to the closest Joann Fabric today to buy one of the 20 yd rolls of Pellon 60" polyester. Joann's web site said they had 2 rolls there. I was there when they opened and was told they don't carry the rolls of batting in that store. So before everyone goes early tomorrow for the large roll of cotton batting, you may want to call the store first! Apparently the stock indicated on the web site isn't very accurate.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,600 Posts
Points 119,070

Carol. Thanks, good idea. By the way everyone. I found out from Joann's, the ad is a misprint, it's Nature's Touch (not Soft). It's 100% cotton and it's 90" wide by 25 yards. My store online shows 11 yards in the store but I'll stop by today and also check on where it is going to be located in the store. There could be lots of nutsy quilters there at 8am. I'm not much of a pusher and shover so don't want to fight anyone for a roll of batting! LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,373 Posts
Points 175,023
Marie replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 10:04 AM

Thanks for the heads up Carol.  I'm going to call my JA's today and ask about it, they had 3 listed in my JA's store.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,405 Posts
Points 415,659
gini replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 10:05 AM

do i need a coupon for this batting?   i'm thinking about driving to C D'A tomorrow.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,600 Posts
Points 119,070

gini:

do i need a coupon for this batting?   i'm thinking about driving to C D'A tomorrow.

Marie, no, it's not a coupon sale. But it does say that it's limited to stock on hand. When I spoke to the Pellon people they were amazed that Joann's was selling it at such a low price. They don't list it on their website as it's a promotional item they sell directly to store outlets.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,600 Posts
Points 119,070

Judy T-Bellingham:

gini:

Marie, no, it's not a coupon sale. But it does say that it's limited to stock on hand. When I spoke to the Pellon people they were amazed that Joann's was selling it at such a low price. They don't list it on their website as it's a promotional item they sell directly to store outlets.

Oops, I meant Gini

Top 50 Contributor
Female
1,794 Posts
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 10:59 AM

I went to JoAnn's and I saw the rolls, It looks and feels just like Warm & Natural.  I am going there tomorrow to try to get one.  my JoAnns had 5 on hand, first come first served...

Hopefully I'll be on of the lucky 5.

Judy are you still going to get one?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,600 Posts
Points 119,070

Annie:
Judy are you still going to get one?

Hi Annie. Yes, I plan to be there tomorrow morning. I stopped and checked today. The rolls haven't arrived yet but will be in the store by 5pm today. They have 11 rolls coming in. Maybe, with all that batting on hand, I'll actually quilt some of my UFO's??

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055

As we have to drive to Wenatchee anyway tomorrow, we are going to brave the early morning hours and try to get to JoAnn's before 8am so I can get one of their 5 rolls of this batting.  Wish me luck!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055

I just called the Wenatchee JoAnn's and they don't open until 9am, but they suggested I might want to be here by 8 because they don't expect their 5 rolls to last more than the first 5 minutes...so I will need to be in line!

Winthrop, WA

Page 3 of 10 (144 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use