Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy Posted: Thu, Nov 8 2012 10:10 AM

Wow, I received an email announcement this morning about Amazon now carrying Janome sewing machines.  We don't have a local Janome dealer, so this was exciting news for me.  I've been considering purchasing a smaller machine to take to retreats because I hate lugging my heavy/expensive Bernina, and I've only heard good things about Janome.  Amazon has the Janome 7330 Magnolia for $399 and free shipping.  I could have this serviced at my local sewing machine service center.  It's a fairly basic machine, so I don't believe I'd need classes on it.  This would even allow me to get my Bernina, my only machine, in for its long-overdue clean-lube-adjust. I'm a frequent Amazon customer, so I trust that they will stand behind the product.

It doesn't look like they are going to carry the larger, fancier Janomes, but probably those should be purchased directly from a dealer, and I'm not in the market for a big machine at this time.

Amazon sewing machines

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,455
safrmaz replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 10:17 AM

Nancy,

I think you would be happy with a Janome for a travel machine.  I have a Bernina 930, a Janome 6600, and earlier this year I bought a 3160QDC for travel.  I like having a light weight machine to take to classes, etc.  The Jem models also seem really nice.  A lady in my quilt group has one and really likes it.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Nancy, that is the machine I bought when I was in Arizona for treatment. It is a wonderful machine and only weighs 15 pounds. It has a threader, start and stop, needle up and down, you can set the speed, and you can move the needle for a scant 1/4. I gave mine to my granddaughter. I know you would be very happy with it.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 10:48 AM

Nancy

I have the Janome 7700 that I absolutely love.  I actually use it all the time and my Bernina is set up for just embroidery.   I think you will be happy with the brand.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Nancy, I forgot to say that I also have the Janome 6600 and I really love it, it is a great machine.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 11:01 AM

Nancy I to have the 6600 and I love mine,You can't go wrong buying a Janome.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 730
Points 18,300

I'm a Janome fan as well.  Started in 1980 with a New Home Memory 7 (Janome's predessor) Then purchased a HT2008 5 years ago.  Although a step down from the Memory lines, it has given no trouble and is a nice machine.  None of the larger/ more expensive Janomes can be purchased on-line.  I think you will like the Magnolia very much. 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 12:45 PM

I have several Janome's and love them.  As soon as I pay off my Millenium, I am going to look into an embroidery machine.  My APQS dealer is now a Janome dealer so it works out perfectly for me!  One stop shopping and service for all my machines.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,548
Points 47,770

I have a Janome 7700 and a Magnolia. Both are great machines. The Magnolia is a lot easier to carry to classes!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 245

I have a Janome 9000 which is great for taking to classes and retreats.  I've had no problems at all with mine and not even needed to get it serviced.  Its a great quilting machine.

Teresa

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Teresa, it is nice to meet you.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use