Top 10 Posters

Why is this site so ridiculously SLOW???

Page 3 of 4 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 46 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 11:44 AM

I guess what I was trying to say was that Peg and Liz seemed like part of the family and I miss them.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,469
Points 362,052
Kris replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 1:19 PM

Prairie Dog:

I don't have any problems at all.  I do use a Mac so maybe that is why.  Everything fast here.

I'm on a Mac as well. The speed issue isn't too bad for me but I'm not usually on during peak times. My biggest problem is the error messages.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,469
Points 362,052
Kris replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 1:20 PM

Nana:

I guess what I was trying to say was that Peg and Liz seemed like part of the family and I miss them.

Ditto.

Remember when Jodie Davis used to chat with us too?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 1:24 PM

Kris

I do remember when Jodie would drop in to chat occasionally.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,875

Hello All,

I want to take this time to talk a little bit about working for QCA and working hard to bring you great stuff on QCA. When I first started as the QCA site admin, I wasn't a quilter, but because of the encouragement from many of you I made my first quilt. I have felt like a part of the QCA family since I joined the ranks last year. I apologize if you feel like I haven't been a hands on, outwardly active administrator. Even in my personal life, I'm not known as the snuggly family member with the great hugs. All family members are different and we all have our own strengths and weaknesses. 

I can tell you that i work hard behind the scenes to bring you patterns, sponsor spotlight pages, and group help. I also make it a point every day to go in and clean out the spam that I can see. For those of you who have started a conversation with me, I hope you can say that I respond in a timely manner and tell you the truth. Also, the QCA website is a huge place, and unless you contact me personally or contact QCA Admin, I may not see that there is an issue going on. I do appreciate all of you who message me and start conversation to resolve problems. We are all human and we need to respect one another. 

As far as the issues with the website, we know they are happening. We have taken great strides to increase the productivity of the server and have been restarting it when it is down or is running slow. it has been running a lot smoother for me over the past few weeks. I use the same system you are using to load content on the site, so I share in your frustration but have also been relieved that the site is up more now. Is it totally fixed, no. However, I have been your advocate and steps are being taken to move forward with a long term solution. 

I look forward to continuing to serve as the QCA site administrator. Please know that we are all working hard for you behind the scenes, and really do appreciate each and everyone one of you. I am always available to talk, be your advocate and implement any new ideas you have for the site. Please take care.

QCA Mandy

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,403
Marie replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 2:08 PM

QCA Admin:
Is it totally fixed, no. However, I have been your advocate and steps are being taken to move forward with a long term solution. 

Mandy, I appreciate what you are doing to resolve these problems.  Many of us think it is the site owners fault and not administration that these problems are taking so long to resolve.  Will it do us any good to contact them or is it just a waste of our time?  A few posts back I shared my dislike of one of the responses given by one of the higher ups.  It's as if they are not fully aware of all the problems QCA is having or they just don't seem to care.  What are you hearing from them?

Millbury, MA

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 60

While we are very aware of the technical difficulties of the QCA website, we want to inform you of the latest developments.

We're still exploring the cause of the site performance issues and it's long term solution while making changes to alleviate the current site.  Long term we're considering changes in both the software behind QCA and it's hosting solution; while still reviewing for certainty, the problem appears to be a platform-specific issue. In the short term, we've assigned staff to restart the server nightly (to alleviate any lingering database connections). This will occur at 11 pm MST.

Thank you for your considerations & understanding while we improve the site.

QCA ADMIN. Tiffiny

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,875

Hi All - I want to thank you all for voicing your concerns about the site.  It shows you really do enjoy being here and we really enjoy having you.  The staff works incredibly hard to keep the site running as smooth as possible.  I can assure you all of your posts about the site not working are being read by senior management as these posts are all emailed directly to us when posted in this forum.  We have been in constant contact with our service providers and have taken preventative steps to help.  Unfortunately, the technology is proving to be difficult.  We are working on it and working hard to find a solution.  We appreciate all you do for the club.  Thank you for your patience and thank you to Mandy, Karla, Tiffiny, and the moderators for everything! 

Kristi Loeffelholz 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Thanks Kristi, I, for one, really enjoy being here. Even when I could not post I tried to get on and read what everyone was up to.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 4:38 PM

These three posts are the most helpful I have seen during this entire problem period!  THANK YOU!  It is reassuring to know we have been heard.  When there is no response, we are unsure.

We LOVE this site and the friendships that have been created and the knowledge that is shared.  We love shopping with the sponsors.  

Rebooting servers at night is a band-aid fix, so I am encouraged that you are looking at some large-scale long-term solutions.  You say you experience the problems we do, but unless you are posting comments and pictures regularly in the forums, the groups, and the galleries, you are not really experiencing what we are.  Please come play with us more often!  :-)

Again, thank you for your response.

One of QCA's biggest fans....
~Nancy 

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,403
Marie replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 5:14 PM

Ditto what Nancy said, especially "One of QCA's biggest fans....".

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 9:23 PM

QCA Mandy

I do know that you are always available and have always been very helpful.   I do hope that you didn't take my statement as being unkind.   I just truly miss Peg and Liz because they had become site friends.  It is the same as missing some of my other site friends that are no longer with us.

I agree that the site has been running more smoothly over the past couple of weeks.  But boy is it ever frustrating when it doesn't work right...especially when you are trying to answer questions or post info in the groups section.   I hope that the powers that be will soon find the issue and get everything fixed.

Thanks for all of admins hard work.  When things are going good when tend to forget you guys but boy just let something not be working....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 9:27 PM

I also want to thank Tiffany and Kristi or explaining about the problem and what is being done to fix the problem.   It is much better to know what is going on even if sometimes the site still isn't working up to speed.   You guys all do a great job and I appreciate each of you.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 12:55 AM

thank you for explaining the problem.   this is a great site, and we are losing members because of all the problems here.  i hope all the glitches in the site can be fixed expeditiously.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 5:00 AM

Mandy,Tiffany ,Karla, Kristie, thank you all for taking time to come and talk with us about the problems  going on here. This is so good to have an explanation as to what is happening with the problems. I know for a fact how busy you all are. and I want to thank you for all the work you do to make this a great site. We all love it and just want to see it run well . 

We love having you all drop in now and then to chat with us . Please do so sometimes when there are no problems.  Mandy congratulations on doing your first quilt. Are ;you going to share a picture with us ?  We love show and tell ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 3 of 4 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use