Top 10 Posters

Bernina 440QE embroidery module

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 70
gstolley posted on Sun, Nov 4 2012 9:23 PM

I love my 440QE I got last year,but have never used the embroidery machine that came with it.  I am intimidated by it and have never even gotten it out of the box.  I was thinking of selling it, but was wondering if it was a mistake.  Does anyone use one?

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,706 Posts
Points 436,515
Nana replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 10:27 PM

I love my embroidery module.   You should set in a class at your bernina dealership and learn how to use it.   I love useing embroidery designs in my quilts and have used the embroidery nodule to do the quilting on one of my quilts.   Play with it a little bit and you will get over being scared.  

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,221 Posts
Points 41,055

Yes, I use my embroidery module all the time.  I have a 200E and just this last March I added a 830LE to the family...LOL.  I got the 830 mainly for the larger hoop size options and the large machine throat which makes FMQ on large quilts a lot easier.  But back to the embroidery module...  I agree with Nana, go back to your dealership and sit in on some machine embroidery classes.  When you get used to it, you will love it!  It opens up all kinds of options for quilts, gifts, etc.  (I am currently getting ready to decorate bath towel sets with embroidery motifs for Christmas presents.  For the Leavenworth Retreat, my small gift for each attendee was a embroidered [in the hoop] luggage tag that said 'I love(heart) quilting'...and I used up quilt scraps too!)    Also, if you look in my gallery you will see my Goose Tracks quilt that was done 100% with the embroidery module (mostly on my 200E).

It does seem intimidating at first, but you will love it if you give it a chance!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,797

Where do you live, gstolley?  We should get together.  I have the exact same machine and the exact same story. LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,302 Posts
Points 414,089
gini replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 12:41 AM

it is a small world,  gstolley is just north of me and she is married to my second cousin.

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 70

Bonners Ferry ID, but I do quilt with some freinds in Troy MT some times, and go to Spokane WA now and then.  Where are you?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,797

~see signature

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use