rated by 0 users
This post has 62 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 22,003
Edith replied on Sun, May 16 2010 7:17 PM

Suzette

I just am noticing all the posts of quilting studios,a.k.a. sewing rooms. -whatever we wish to call them.

Judy's is the most awesome I have ever seen.

Mine is pretty simple but serves the purpose. We are all different and as quilters have different ideas as to what we would like . The main thing is to utilize your space. Which is not always easy.

Helen told me  and our contractor told me when I was constructing mine last year---- to work it out on graph paper and use little index cards to make your sewing table etc. , cutting table , shelving and place them in your room . It worked pretty good . I did end up changing a few things and I am sure I will change them again.

Edith from Ont. Canada

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 220
Jan replied on Sun, May 16 2010 9:34 PM

About a week ago - I decided that ALL of my sewing stuff needed to be in the same space - so I have re-thought my 'studio' space downstairs. I have moved what was there around - so...when you get to the door way and face the room.to the left on my Gracie ll frame, along the front wall, I have 4' folding tables for my serger and my Janome I have an ironing board I made on one of the tables (can be moved to another surface as needed). My folding cutting table is at the end of my IKEA dining table (that now sits on bed risers) underneath the table are plastic drawers for fabrc and tools etc....the left side of the room is a space for a design wall, and then my 3' cabinet that holds the larger pcs of fabric...I promise I will post pics, have to get my daughter to help me with that as my computer is just a pain!! It's a great space - 4 windows give lots of natural light. When my girls move on - I may have to knock the wall down!!! I have decided to give up my Real Estate license - so I will have more time to get sewing!! And get those classes started - Summer might be easier!!!

Happy spring!!

Jan

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Jan..it sounds like a great space and it does feel great to get organized...it is like getting a whole new space...enjoy!!

Ontario, Canada

• | Post Points: 5
Page 5 of 5 (63 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use