new too!

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 24 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 150
violetnewby Posted: Mon, Oct 29 2012 9:50 AM

I am a "newbie" (to this forum) AND a Newby, too!!!  Have quilted almost 20 years - love to design my own stuff and sew by mood! How about you?

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Violet and welcome to QCA, so glad you joined us and I look forward to getting to know you!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 11:22 AM

hi violet, welcome to the group.  some of my stuff i design and sometimes i do patterns and sometimes i alter patterns to suit me..

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,818
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 11:30 AM

Welcome Violet, unlike Gini, I'm afraid to venture out on my own, I need a pattern to tell me what to do.  Maybe someday I'll be brave enough to try doing my own thing without someones advise.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 11:43 AM

Marie:
Welcome Violet, unlike Gini, I'm afraid to venture out on my own

don't you believe a word of this, violet.   marie can venture out on her own and have hunks lined up to get their picture with her in no time flat.  somewhere's we have the pictures to prove it.   she is so busy lining up hunks that she has no time to design patterns.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,818
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 11:50 AM

gini:

Marie:

don't you believe a word of this, violet.   marie can venture out on her own and have hunks lined up to get their picture with her in no time flat.  somewhere's we have the pictures to prove it.   she is so busy lining up hunks that she has no time to design patterns.

I thought we were talking about designing quilts!  I have plenty of time for designing plans for Cougar-ing!  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,818
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 11:52 AM

gini:

Marie:

Sorry Gini, I thought we were talking about designing for quilts not hunks.  For hunks I have plenty of plans!  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,480
Points 244,377
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 12:52 PM

Violet - is it okay to call you Violet... I can't call you a newby if you have quilted for 20 years...teehee but that is oh so cute.  I sew to reduce the stress in my life - it takes me a way - the precision of the piecing and the picking out of the fabrics that will work for what I am making... I design somethings myself but mostly right now I make quilts from patterns of others.  I don't usually follow their color or values but do my own thing.  I have tons of ideas in my head but have always told myself I need to perfect my skills doing someone else's pattern before i do my own... but I have made probably 100 quilts that I can call my own - 

Where are you from?  Married? Children?  Grand children... I am married with one wonderful exasperating husband - several children and dozens of grand children... I have a new grandchild on the way in April of 2013... we find out next month whether it will be a boy or a girl and then my sewing days really start... My DDIL has a list of things for Grandma to make... I love it as I love her a great deal.

I am in Oklahoma although I am a New Yorker born and bread... USAF retired and 100% disabled.  

I am in a curiously talkative state today!  teehee... look forward to getting to know you!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Marie:
Sorry Gini, I thought we were talking about designing for quilts not hunks.  For hunks I have plenty of plans!  :  )

You two are really bad.  

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,155
ls2116 replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 1:31 PM

Hi Violet I'll be looking for you pics of quilts in the gallery. I like to create them and also its a stress reliever for me.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 7:42 PM

Welcome Violet

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 8:35 PM

Violet,welcome to the club, I see you have met the funny gals  LOL  you will love it here. we all become great  friends.   We will look foward to seeing some of your work .barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 10:35 PM

Spudgrandma:

Marie:

You two are really bad.  

In fact, I think they may have scared poor Violet away - she has only posted just the one time.  Now behave, you two!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 12:11 AM

aw shucks, violet, i'm sorry.  marie and i didn't mean to scare you away.  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,880
Points 366,982
Kris replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 2:22 AM

Welcome Violet.

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use