Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 43 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 8:39 AM

Barbara, it really works!  Too much work for me but I do remember those crisp pleats.

BTW !!!!!

After bragging about how wonderful my Rowenta is... the very next time I use it, it's spewing all this brown gunk all over my fabric.  It was like it got ill all over the place.  I spent an hour trying to use the self clean button and rinse away all the calcium from under the plate.  At least that's what I think it was.
Seems to act up when I'm using  the steam setting (which I most always use)....
I jinxed myself

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 8:48 AM

Annie, sorry to hear about your iron ,get yourself a spray bottle and fill it iwth water ,use that on your quilts for steam .Works great and no more spitting irons .LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,098
Points 24,750
Agnes replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 6:56 PM

Just bought the B&D Light and easy. Happy dance time here. It does not have auto shut off. Controls are easy to manipulate. Just all around happy camper. I've had bad experience with Shark. I had three replacements in the one year warranty period. Then it died just days after the year was up.Every time I would pull out the iron I was unhappy with. Something real cheap but don't remember the brand as it was not a common name. It finally decided to have its own agenda for shut off so it was time to part with it.. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,532
Kris replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 2:14 AM

Sorry about your iron Annie. I hope you were able to sort it out.

I have a Rowenta that, as long as it has water, will steam. Even with the steam function off. 

Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 690
Hcim55 replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 7:14 AM

Just saw this post....and most likely my post would not count for much but here it goes,    About 15 years ago I bought a Rowenta on sale at Joanne's. on sale the price was around $100.  I use this iron every day during the winter.. I have purchased other irons...little ones etc. but I still seem to migrate to my Rowenta.The iron heats evenly and the steam still works great, also has burst of steam option. For me I would spend the extra money on a good iron.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 690
Hcim55 replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 7:16 AM

One more thing I never use tap water in my iron.....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,271
Patti replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 10:15 AM

My biggest problems with irons, is that I am always knocking them off the ironing board.  My current iron doesn't hold water anymore.  But I have always found slightly damp fabric the easiest to iron.   Remember sprinkling the clothes to be ironed, dipping hand in water and dribbling over the clothing and then rolling it up and stacking it, before even starting to iron.  Worked very well.  Now with spray bottles, it is even easier.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Hi Hcim55, not sure if I have had the opportunity to say Hi and nice to meet you, so - Hi and nice to meet you!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Patti:
My biggest problems with irons, is that I am always knocking them off the ironing board.

Me too Patti. They just did not make these new irons to withstand anything. But, having said that, my expensive Reliable just quit, no bumps no falls, it just died after being used very little - maybe 20 times.

Not Ranked
Posts 42
Points 690
Hcim55 replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 6:33 PM

Hello it is nice to meet you also!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 12:05 PM

Patti that is what I do as well ,I got really tired of filling my iron every couple of hours . So this method works great for me.  My Mom use to have a old soda bottle with a sprinkle top she bought somewhere and it was great.  I just use a spray bottle .  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 12:58 PM

Barbara:
My Mom use to have a old soda bottle with a sprinkle top she bought somewhere and it was great.

I remember making one for my mom for Mother's Day when I was in Kindergarten.  We had to bring in an empty soda bottle and our teacher helped us paint them.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 60
Melanie replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 1:24 PM

I bought a Rowenta from Germany a few years ago because I was sick of the made in China junk....

It has served me well.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Hi Melanie, nice to meet you!

Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use