Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 11,565
Bev Posted: Fri, Oct 26 2012 11:10 AM

Does anyone here use the Kindle Fire that came out last year to post replys or to begin a new thread to this site?

I am not able to do this from mine. It won't bring up the keyboard for some reason here but I don't have a problem while searching the web. Right now I am using my IPad but keep my Kindle by bed for late night reading and sometimes see a thread I want to reply to but can't.

from TN

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Bev, I cannot post on my Kindle Fire either. I think some who have the new HD version said they were able to post with theirs. Sorry, not much help am I?

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

I have the same problem with my Droid phone. I am computer and device challenged. When I ask my geek children to help, their favorite answer is "Just play with Mom!" Sorry I couldn't help you. Good luck. I hope someone on here is a little more device savvy than I am.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 11:43 AM

Check your security settings -- I couldn't post on QCA with the HD until I set it to allow cookies.   Its too bad the manufacturers don't tell us these things before purchase!  LOL

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 11:45 AM

Bev

I didn't get the kindle fire that came out last year.  I have the new one that just came out in Sept and can post from it.  Sorry ...  not much help.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 11,565
Bev replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 3:15 PM

Spudgrandma:

Bev, I cannot post on my Kindle Fire either. I think some who have the new HD version said they were able to post with theirs. Sorry, not much help am I?

Thanks Spudgrandma.

I thought HD just meant high definition but it could be the reason. It is just a good thing that I bought the Kindle for reading. If I ever need another 7 in tablet I will buy the new Ipad.

Nana, I remember you saying you did not have a problem.

Thanks everyone else for your input...

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Bev :
I thought HD just meant high definition but it could be the reason.

Your welcome Bev, sorry I could not be of more help. HD does mean high definition, but they probably updated other things from last years version.  I tried to figure out if changing some settings would make mine work but, since I was at the retreat,  I have not able to sign into QCA on anything but my home computer for some reason. I have contacted Admin, but have not heard from them yet. If I can actually sign in to QCA on my Kindle, I will  fiddle with the settings and see if that works or not. 

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 6:44 PM

I can read posts on my Nook tablet, but I can't post either.  The Nook tech at B&N said it could be because the site does not have a mobile app.

Southwest Florida

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 8:47 PM

Sandy H.:
The tech at B&N said it could be because the site does not have a mobile app.

Are we surprised that an outsider said the QCA site is behind the times?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use