Page 20 of 22 (316 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 315 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,781
Points 67,290
Bonita replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 2:26 PM

Max, I love ,love your b&w with the pink centers.I guess you got a new leader for the rest of your blocks. Mine went out today I think I will sign up for a few more still have a few strips left.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,818
Marie replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 11:02 AM

Great set of blocks, Max!  Good job!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 11:29 AM

I got the backing pieced together from various Flannel.  I sewed the four labels into a row across the middle of the quilt.  It looks pretty good.  I also completed a rag quilt to send...after my husband clips the seams and we wash it.  I need to work on a customer quilt tonight!  Getting a little backlogged...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 8:35 AM

Max ,I love the black blocks and it would make a beautiful quilt just by it's self.  awesome .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 12:39 PM

Thank you Bonita, Marie, and Barbara!  These blocks are so much fun to make! I am getting tempted to make me a B/W quilt...maybe soon.

I had to laugh a little while ago. I checked the 'progress' my second set of blocks was making toward being delivered in British Columbia. The website says the package arrived in Miami, FL on Monday.  Humm...left Kansas 11/20/12, arrived Miami, FL 11/26, and is headed for British Columbia. Seems to be taking the looonnnngggg slow route. Now I know why they said it would take about 2 weeks to be delivered!

Better get back to making stars for my lap quilt. When it is finished I can get back to Sandy blocks.

Max

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,781
Points 67,290
Bonita replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 8:36 PM

Max,sounds like your blocks wanted a little fun in sun before heading to the cold north country. We're in the upper 70's low 80's down here.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 8:19 AM

Yesterday I received some blocks from one of my team member ,that were just a nightmare. I have tired to fix them but just can't seam to get them to come out to the right size ,I know this sounds weird, but the are more like a rectangle then a block .. I think I'm going to have to break down the entire blocks and redo them .. I'm glad there are only four to do .but it is bizarre ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 8:25 AM

I received some that were large and didn't leave much room for the border once they were trimmed.  I'm just going with it, though.  As long as the block is cut to 12 1/2", I think it will work...borders or not.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 8:31 AM

Jeannine I took off the black borders and cut down the actual block  it just the size is strange and I can't seem to get it square . I will just have to cut down the fabric on the top and bottom ,I think to square them up . I know I'm not really explaining the well  but I think this is what I will do  and then put the borders back on resize it. I'll just do the best I can . the fabirc is very pretty ,but this sizes of her strips are all off .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 10:11 PM

I just found out DS#3 (who is an Emergency Supervisor with Puget Sound Energy, Seattle area's natural gas provider) is flying on a military transport tomorrow to New Jersey to help restore natural gas to the 100,000+ homes that are STILL without any gas service.  He is part of a group of 24 (3 Supervisors, 3 Service Trucks, and 21 Technicians) that will be spending the next two weeks in New Jersey...planning to return to Seattle on December 22nd.  They are loading the 3 trucks on the military transport along with the 24 of them at JMB Lewis-McCord (in Tacoma, WA) for the flight.  That should be quite an experience in itself!

As he will be going house to house restoring gas service, I asked that if he sees a family in particular need that would be greatful for some warm quilts, to get their name and address to me.  I don't know if anything will come of this, but I thought I would let this group know since you are already working toward helping those effected by Sandy. 

As he and his family had planned to travel to our house on the 22nd to spend the Christmas holiday here in Winthrop, this has changed our family holiday plans quite a bit. He will probably need some recovery time, so they will probably wait and come the weekend after Christmas now.   But, it is very hard to complain when you think of how lucky we are compared to those he is traveling to help. I am very proud that he is able and willing to do this!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 10:22 PM

Thanks Donna for letting us know about this ,I would hate being out of my home this long and if if I was home to have no power or heat.  I hope they will get it all back to normal for these folks soon. 

I just fihished my second top for the Sandy project . still waiting on more blocks to do the third one.I hope to have the first two finsihed this week . They are really pretty quilts.

Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 10:46 PM

I sub contracted out the quilting on my first quilt top.  When someone says they have time to quilt a couple this week, who am I to argue!  Thanks, Robin.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 10:56 PM

From the eQuilter.com blog:

eQuilter *Hurricane Sandy - 5000 Quilts* 

Nov 28 Update: 

Quilts are now arriving en masse at the Timeless Treasures warehouse in Roselle, New Jersey. As more quilts arrive, we will be distributing to more locations. So far quilts are being distributed in New Jersey, but we are setting up distributors in other hard hit metro and east coast areas. 

We will post all of the photos of the quilts, the recipients, and the devastated areas, as we receive them. If YOU have photos to share, please email to eQuilter.com at luana@eQuilter.com 

Hurricane Sandy Photo page: 
eQuilter *5000 QUILTS for 
HURRICANE SANDY*

http://www.flickr.com/photos/luanarubin/sets/72157632121717400/ ! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 6:43 AM

Jeanine very pretty . I really like how these are coming out.  After all this is over I may have to do one for myself.  This is the second top I fifnished on Sunday. 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 5:34 AM

Here is my second top.  I am still waiting on two blocks so I can sew the last row but wanted to get started with it.

Page 20 of 22 (316 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use