Top 10 Posters

East Coast Storm and the Sandy Quilt Project

Page 19 of 22 (316 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 315 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 11:49 PM

Bonita ,I signed up for three,but I may do more as this also gives me a good chance to pratice my

FMQing. 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 894

I just came on to post about this very subject...my mother in law doesn't sew or quilt, but purchased blankets to send off to sandy victims at the shore...when she inquired as to who to address them to, she was told, 'we DON'T need BLANKETS and we DON'T need FOOD.  what we REALLY NEED is CASH'.

she was quite taken back. she didn't send them.

sigh........

blondie

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 7:28 AM

Blondie ,I will get you an adrees to send them to if you want . This is were we are to send the quilts. so I'll bet they will take the blankets. Who ever this was that told you this ,sounded rude. I'm soory your mither got this response. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 8:45 AM

Bonita:
Do you Jeanine do the quilting too?

Yes, I quilt.  I do a lot of charity quilting for my quilt ministry, Quilts from the Bluffs, and have a business, Threads of Faith.  Wish I could do this full-time!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 8:47 AM

Bonita:

Well all I can say is all you leaders are special Sandy Angels, what with the cost of batting and backing for all the quilts. How many are you doing?

I signed up for 3 through this effort.  I have sent off 11 so far from my quilt ministry, too, and am working on more. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 8:54 AM

h202blonde:

I just came on to post about this very subject...my mother in law doesn't sew or quilt, but purchased blankets to send off to sandy victims at the shore...when she inquired as to who to address them to, she was told, 'we DON'T need BLANKETS and we DON'T need FOOD.  what we REALLY NEED is CASH'.

she was quite taken back. she didn't send them.

sigh........

Here is a post from the eQuilter.com effort to get 5,000 quilts.  This is where I have sent mine so far.

eQuilter Quilt Relief

eQuilter *Hurricane Sandy - 5000 Quilts*

Nov 21 Message from Timeless Treasures Owner:

As you know we have 124 quilts in our cars to bring to Fort Monmouth tomorrow.
Today David was driving in Atlantic Highlands and past the Calvary Chapel where Pastor Bruce was serving food and giving out clothing to victims of Sandy.
David give him 25 quilts.
Everyone was overwhelmed by their beauty and the thoughtfulness of the quilters who spent their time, money and their talent on these amazing gifts.
I hope all the people who made these donations know how deeply appreciated they are.
Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving.
We have so much to be thankful for!

I feel confident that they are getting the quilts to the most needy and while we cannot guarantee that everyone will appreciate them, we need to do what we can to try to make a difference.  The quilts go with our prayers and we trust that God will use them as they are needed.  Don't be discouraged!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 9:11 AM

Jeanine that is so wonderfulto hear ,thank you for sharing this message with us. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,640
Points 65,340
Bonita replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 4:48 PM

This site has been down for me all afternoon. I can't believe how much I miss reading and posting. Any way I just wanted to show you a sample of my blocks I finished today.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 31,965

Bonita,

Very Pretty!  You have done a wonderful job!  Love the scrappyness.

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 5:24 PM

Bonita very nice, they will love very good in one of the quilts. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,640
Points 65,340
Bonita replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 5:32 PM

Thanks Max and Barbara, If they weren't already promised I would be tempted to keep them myself.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 7:40 PM

Bonita,

i love your bright blocks!  You will have to make a quilt for yourself, too.  I am tempted to make one for myself!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,640
Points 65,340
Bonita replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 8:20 PM

Thanks, Jeanine, I seemed to have more fall colors than anything else.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 8:55 PM

Great blocks Bonita!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 31,965
MaxNTopeka replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 11:56 AM

Yipee!  Just got the last block of this set of 20 pressed and ready to go to the Post Office!  I LIKE this set! Added a little color to some of the blocks, just for a little bit of interest. And maybe it will help them blend in better with the other blocks they will be set with...hate to challenge the Team Leader too much!

When I get back from the Post Office I will get started on my second lap quilt that needs to be done by the end of the year. It will be going to the Alzheimer's Research project at UCLA-San Diego. I'd better get moving on it if its going to be done on time.   Once the 2 laps quilts are shipped I'll get back to a few more of these blocks for the Sandy Project. My scrap pile is 'dented', but not seriously damaged yet.  Max

• | Post Points: 50
Page 19 of 22 (316 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use