Top 10 Posters

East Coast Storm and the Sandy Quilt Project

Page 18 of 22 (316 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 315 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 9:49 AM

I trimmed all my blocks for the first wonky log cabin and started piecing them.  Can't wait to see what it looks like put together.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Jeanine,

Please post a pic when you have it together!  I'm curious how the quilt tops will look, based on the instructions I've seen.  I realize each one will be different, but just to see the overall effect.

I've got 15 blocks of my third set of 20 done, but I'm still waiting for an email of who my next Team Leader is, who will receive these.  I'm  thinking Michele may be busy with the holiday.  I just keep sewing...my stack of scraps is actually starting to show signs of a dent being made in them!

Max

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 3:05 PM

I know they have more blocks being made than team leaders to make the quilts so she may be waiting for more to step up.  

Here is my first top.  Some were bordered in brown and four had a b & w print.  I put the print ones in the corners and did the best I could at alternating the others.  It is a fun quilt!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,671
Points 65,735
Bonita replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 3:20 PM

Jeanine you did a great job on the top. Someone will be lucky to have it this winter.

Max you make me feel like a slacker 60 blocks done , wow.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

Jeanine, I think it looks great!  The instructions just said to use a "dark border (black, navy, etc)", so mine were black with white print because that's what I had at the house...  But I can see how it would have been a lot simpler for you if we'd all just used solid black.  Sorry about that!  I like the overall effect though - you did a great job with it!

Raleigh, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 4:02 PM

It is fun to see what others come up with.  That's part of doing a group quilt.  I didn't worry too much about matching but with the for different than the rest, it looked good in the corners.  If I did one for myself, I would use all solid black.  But when you are asking for donations from people using their stash, it's fine to not match.

thanks to everyone who is giving their time to this effort!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 4:19 PM

I'm in the process of putting my first one together as well .finally have recieved enough blocks .I have received some really pretty blocks . and they are making a nie birght quilt. I will get a picture posted later today. Max yours are all going in this first quilt but two and I'll have to put them in the next one. but I'll give you the credit for them on th label I make . barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 6:52 PM

Hi, I got my first top put together,still need to do some borders ,not sure yet what I'm going to do with those. I thnk its really pretty myself. came out to be a good size queen ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

Looks great, Barbara!!  I love the heart and star blocks mixed in.  <3

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,262
Points 173,163
Marie replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 8:13 PM

Jeanine and Barbara, you are doing a great job on the storm quilts.  You guys are champs!

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 10:22 PM

Jeanine and Barbara,

Your quilts are wonderful!!  Thank you both for posting the pictures. It helps to have an idea how the tops will go together.  I'm bordering mine in a indigo (dark) blue and a navy blue just because I have a good bit of both on hand.  

Even though the blocker makers are using different border colors and a wide range of fabrics you are both doing a marvelous job putting them together!  You must be having fun playing with scrappy puzzles!

Max

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 10:30 PM

Bonita,

I'm lucky that I don't have a lot of distractions...like a job, kids, or a demanding hubby.  I get to sew about as much as I want to, or as much as my hands and back will let me.  And I had a bunch of my old scraps already cut in strips.  This first 60 blocks has gone pretty quickly.  

But I studied the calendar this afternoon and I'll have to spend a little time getting one more lap quilt together before the end of the year for my Alzheimer's Research group. That commitment will slow me up a bit on these blocks. But once it is done I can get back to this project until I run out of scraps.

Max

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,671
Points 65,735
Bonita replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 11:17 PM

Barbara, you're doing great on placement of the blocks. I was kind of worried that mine were to scrappy until I saw yours and Jeanine's blocks that you received. Not worried at all now. LOL Do you Jeanine do the quilting too?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 11:33 PM

Thanks Bonita ,yes we will finsh the quilts up and send them off. I have gotten some really pretty blocksform all over the country.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,671
Points 65,735
Bonita replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 11:40 PM

Well all I can say is all you leaders are special Sandy Angels, what with the cost of batting and backing for all the quilts. How many are you doing?

• | Post Points: 35
Page 18 of 22 (316 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use