Top 10 Posters

East Coast Storm and the Sandy Quilt Project

Page 15 of 22 (316 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 315 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 11:07 AM

Barbara,

Those margaritas will tend to do that to you!  That's why I stick with my friend, Mr. Daniels.  I had a good night of sewing and have 15 blocks finished...5 more to go before I send this bunch to you. I'm hoping for another good day of sewing!

If I am reading Michele's instructions correctly, each time you finish the number of blocks you signed up to make and send them to the Team Leader, you then go back and sign up AGAIN for a new number of blocks. She will then assign a Team Leader for that second set...it may or may not be the same Team Leader as before.

It seems confusing to me, but I guess I'll find out after I've finished this first set of 20 blocks.

Max

Max

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 11:13 AM

Carolyn:

Jeanine - You're my team leader!  I'm done with my blocks, but I forgot about the label, so I'll do that ASAP (hopefully this evening after work).  I'll let you know once they're in the mail.

Very cool, Carolyn.  With as many quilters that are on QCA, the odds should be pretty good I would match up to someone! 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 11:27 AM

Max fraid I can't help you on that, as my directions are totally different then yours, but it sounds reasonable to me. It looks like with the team members I have and all the blocks they are sending  I may be over my required blocks ,if so I'll just make another one. I have plenty of stash fabric for backs and borders so that is not a problem .I will have to go get more batting  but again that is not a problem either. I am really enjoying doing this and since I don't have to do the piecing I love it even more ..Get to do my favorite parts. LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 5:59 PM

MaxNTopeka:

Barbara,

Those margaritas will tend to do that to you!  That's why I stick with my friend, Mr. Daniels.  I had a good night of sewing and have 15 blocks finished...5 more to go before I send this bunch to you. I'm hoping for another good day of sewing!

If I am reading Michele's instructions correctly, each time you finish the number of blocks you signed up to make and send them to the Team Leader, you then go back and sign up AGAIN for a new number of blocks. She will then assign a Team Leader for that second set...it may or may not be the same Team Leader as before.

It seems confusing to me, but I guess I'll find out after I've finished this first set of 20 blocks.

Max

Max

I think it is just easier for Michelle to track the blocks and team leaders by the registrations.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 9:42 PM

Just took this one off the frame...  Took my old Thimbleberries scraps from the 90's for this one.  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,827
Points 39,915
ls2116 replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 10:03 PM

Another awesome job Jeanine.  I'm eventually gonna practise free motion but I'm definitely intimidated by it , I'm one that draws stick people.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 10:20 PM

This was just doing wiggly lines on the diagonal!  Can't get easier!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 2:42 AM

Jeanine, beautiful quilt , I love the colors.  Someone is going to love this . Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 10:35 PM

Another one off the frame.  One of my Quilts from the Bluffs quilters made the top.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,353
Points 20,380

You guys are doing such great work, Jeanine!  

My blocks went out to you via priority mail yesterday at lunch (from Raleigh), so I'd expect that you'll get them maybe tomorrow or Monday.  It's only 4 blocks, because I've been so busy lately and I was afraid to commit to more than a couple hours of sewing last week, but I figure 4 blocks is better than nothing.  Perhaps only slightly better than nothing, but still... :)

My label is nothing special - I just used the basic typeface stitch on my machine to put my name and location - kind of the bare minimum of what was asked.  It's purple thread (Aurifil cotton, not embroidery thread) on white(ish) Kona cotton.  I like the idea of quilt labels, but I haven't found anything yet that I think would add to my quilts instead of detracting from them, so I've never used them in my own quilts.  Honestly, I think the label I made is not very attractive and the ridges created by the thread aren't as soft as I expect a quilt to be... So... long story short, I made the label b/c it was requested, but if you don't want to use it, that will not hurt my feelings one bit.  :)

Thanks for all your work on this project!  It makes me happy that I had the opportunity to contribute *something* (even if it's only a few scrappy blocks), without having to commit to a major project, so thanks for your help in making that possible.

Raleigh, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:35 AM

Thanks, Carolyn.  Every little bit helps.  If everyone would do just a little, think what a BIG deal it would be!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,353
Points 20,380

That goes for you, Barbara.  Jeanine is my team leader, but I am grateful to all the team leaders out there who have taken on the big work, so that us little guys can make smaller commitments :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:38 AM

Jeanine ,I have started getting blocks form my team  member as well . not enough yet to start a quilt but what I have are fantastic.  by the way I love your second quilt as well .very pretty ,I have the fabric to do this MQ but just never got the chance to work on it . Maybe some day.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:41 AM

Oh Carolyn,thank you , my team member blocks are starting to show up as well . We couldn't do this without our teams . You are all great as well ..  I have two QCA members on my team  Max and Jennie from Mo are also on my team.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:42 AM

One of my team put 18 blocks in the mail yesterday and a couple others said they are on the way.  Should be getting them soon. 

I had my quilt group make the MQ.  This was the first one that was finished by them but I am anticipating a few more soon.  I really love the look of that quilt!  I think my quilt group is looking forward to doing small, easy baby quilts starting in January!  :-)

Page 15 of 22 (316 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use