Top 10 Posters

East Coast Storm and the Sandy Quilt Project

Page 8 of 22 (316 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 315 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,495
Points 47,945
Frances replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 1:30 PM

Thank you Nana,

For coming on and putting my mind at rest just needed to know you were safe, take care.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

h202blonde:

holy cats, it's BLOWING out there..and colder than expected, but still no rain (yet). i just keep picturing taking the dog out and having the leash (and the dog) parallel to the ground.

My daughter in GA said it was even blowing pretty good there. I sure hope all those in the path of the storm stay safe.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Nana:
Sorry I didn't get on over the weekend. 

Well you had me concerned and I missed this post this morning. So glad you are ok... (((HUGS)))

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

GAH.  I have 2 medical devices which require supplies that are shipped to me once every 3 months or so.  My current delivery of supplies has been in New Jersey since Friday... at a UPS center which UPS claims has been evacuated.  Some of the supplies are temperature-sensitive and will likely be destroyed before they get to me - but I'll have to receive them, check them out, contact the company, and send them back to get replacements. I already have calls into my pharmacy and doctor's office to try to work on a plan b until my supplies can be delivered (and probably sent back and re-delivered if they're not functional).  But, as always, the doctor's office requires 2 business days to do anything and, at the same time, doesn't understand why you're calling 2 days in advance of an actual emergency.  Just frustrating.  And I know a lot of people have much worse problems.  For me, at worst, I'll end up taking a shot every 2 hours around the clock until I can get things straightened out - and possibly a few other complications - so, just frustrating, but still.  Fingers crossed that things are back up and running sooner rather than later after the storm.

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,518
Points 50,900
Ginny replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 2:16 PM

Carolyn,  I hope things get straightened out for your medications and such before you have to go to plan c-which I think would be a trip to the hospital.  Good luck and I am sending a prayer that everything will work into your favor.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Carolyn, I hope you get all this straightened out soon!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 3:21 PM

Prayers going up for both Carolyn and Linda for the good Lord to sustain you with your necessary medications and equipment.

I was watching the coverage on Fox news while getting my iron infusion this a.m. Scary storm.  I ask the Lord to protect all in the coming storm.

A bit ago we started having some wind gusts, maybe 25 - 30 mph. Nothing new here. But a bit windy. Our temp is dropping by a degree or two each time I look. They are calling for snow above us in the higher mountains here in North GA. We were in Blue Ridge, GA this a.m. where I get my iron infusions and they are calling for snow there overnight. They are only 13 miles from here so who knows? We could see some I guess. Gonna be very cold, for here at this time of year, also.

Spud, where in GA. does your daughter live?

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 3:21 PM

Prayers going up for both Carolyn and Linda for the good Lord to sustain you with your necessary medications and equipment.

I was watching the coverage on Fox news while getting my iron infusion this a.m. Scary storm.  I ask the Lord to protect all in the coming storm.

A bit ago we started having some wind gusts, maybe 25 - 30 mph. Nothing new here. But a bit windy. Our temp is dropping by a degree or two each time I look. They are calling for snow above us in the higher mountains here in North GA. We were in Blue Ridge, GA this a.m. where I get my iron infusions and they are calling for snow there overnight. They are only 13 miles from here so who knows? We could see some I guess. Gonna be very cold, for here at this time of year, also.

Spud, where in GA. does your daughter live?

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

Thanks for the thoughts and kind words, Ladies.

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 6:24 PM

My son in law leaves in the morning for New York and surrounding areas, He works for a tree service so they will be cutting all the down trees and moving them out of the way. So the power companies can get power restored

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 28,400
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 7:40 PM

Leslie :

My son in law leaves in the morning for New York and surrounding areas, He works for a tree service so they will be cutting all the down trees and moving them out of the way. So the power companies can get power restored

Thanks so much to your son-in-law and all the others who are flocking to the storm area to help out.  One electric company in Buffalo received 60 trucks and crews from Wisconsin and Missouri today.  They requested help a few days ago because of the prediction of where the storm was headed.  We have had very heavy rains here East of Buffalo since afternoon and the winds really picked up here about an hour ago.  The latest prediction is for 30-40 mph winds with gusts to 60 continuing through tomorrow afternoon.  So far we have electric around here.  The winds will pick up later in the night.  We have flashlights by the bed so are prepared if it is "lights out" later.  I duct taped a large lantern-type flashlight securely to MIL's walker seat so all she has to do is push the button on the top.  She was thrilled with that and was a lot calmer when we went home.  We have already been through a power failure a few weeks ago and she was able to get up in the night with her regular flashlight which she keeps by the bed.  She was able to maneuver with it, but we thought this was safer.  She grew up with no electric and has lived through so many power outages in her life that she doesn't get too nervous about the dark - she remembers the past quite well. 

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,518
Points 50,900
Ginny replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 8:09 PM

Well, it is 9pm here, but I am off to bed.  Just hope I can sleep.  The wind is blowing furiously here,and it is getting chilly because the wind is coming in around the window air conditioner.  Wish someone would have remembered it was still in the window, but guess I'll have to call in the morning.  The neighbor's dead birch tree is breaking off branches and flinging them against my house.  Wonder if the whole thing will come down tonight?  Well, if it does, I hope it breaks the window in my bedroom.  It needs to be replaced.  The only problem is that I will be sleeping right under it.  I am off to bed to sleep under my wool comforter tonight.   See you in the morning.   Ginny

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 894

OMG my dh just saw a transformer blow not far from us...we aren't in the dark yet, but that could change at any moment... this is one wicked storm! stay safe, everyone!

blondie

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,328
Points 241,717
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 8:59 PM

I remember when we were in Sumter for Hurricane Hugo and I had never been in any thing like this before - I was looking out the windows and saw these explosions of colors - asked DH what that was and got informed that it was transformers on the telephone poles going crazy... it was pretty but very scarey...

All of you that are in the path take great care!  Do not take any chances - Be smart like Governor Christy said... stay safe and warm... T&Ps for all in the path...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 9:02 PM

Ginny ,blondie , you two stay alert even in your sleep   I hope you both will be ok

Carylon I hope you get your medical stuff worked out . with a good end result.

Marsha , glad to here you got MIL all taken care of. Hopefully you will all be safe.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 8 of 22 (316 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use