great news!

Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 30 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 656
Points 16,605

Yes, that first one is special isn't it?  After I took mine to the quilt shop to have it quilted there was a long queue.  I kept visiting it.  I know the ladies who run the shop thought I was crazy, but I told them it was my first born, and I need to check on her!  I got it back two weeks ago and sort of pet her every time I walk by. 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 186
Points 4,891

good for you!

you are well on your way to becoming addicted!  don't worry--the only thing this addiction is bad for is the wallet!

Rose

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Male
Posts 15
Points 585

so i fail at getting to a computer. i plan on going to my godmoms to use hers on sunday but its not set in stone yet. so hopefully ill have it up by then. im suprised by how warm it is. and i think ive got the quilt bug because im planning my next one already

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 8:52 AM

Thatoneguy, remember to take photos of all your quilts.  It's like taking pictures of a child growing up.  Your skills develop and you evolve as a quilter.  The quilts I have made and the ones I am making now I see as skill building for the next ones I want to make.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Patti:
Your skills develop and you evolve as a quilter.  The quilts I have made and the ones I am making now I see as skill building for the next ones I want to make.

What a great way to look at it Patti, it is a learning process that never stops!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,550
Points 46,960
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 10:27 AM

Congratulations!!  Looking forward to the picture.  My first quilt is hanging on my sewing room wall.

Southwest of San Antonio

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 15
Points 585
thatoneguy replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 12:23 PM

i think im going to do a buch of different twelve inch blocks. ive been googling for a bit and im thing a white and red quilt would be nice. very traditional. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 11:45 PM

Love first quilt. Mine was a block of month from Joann's. I made plenty of mishaps on it too lol but was a great learning experience. I hope you snuggle to it all the time.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,349
Points 36,950
Linda replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 5:06 PM

Congrats on finishing your first quilt! Not completely done tho until it's posted and we can see it!!!!

Hugs,

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

WTG and welcome to the world of quilting!!  I think you better hurry with pics because we get impatient for news and pictures.. lol my first quilt  February 1992 a rail fence and I use it every day on my bed. Who cares if it is Christmas fabric..

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Very pretty Caryl Anne, Christmas works for me. I still have my Nativity up from last Christmas, I just could not put it away...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,375
Points 175,048
Marie replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 5:30 PM

Caryl Anne, I love your rail fence and you're right, who cares if it's Christmas, it's beautiful!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,349
Points 242,062
Thea replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 6:32 PM

Caryl Anne - that is gorgeous and that was your first quilt - oh my!  I wish mine looked half as good as that...lol... and Christmas - well that is just pretty fabric - I would have it on my bed every day too - very nice - thank you for making my day brighter with the pretty eye candy!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,737
Points 66,695
Bonita replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 9:40 PM

Very pretty Caryl Ann, looks like you're keeping the spirit of Christmas all year long. Can't go wrong there.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 12:08 AM

thank y'all for the comments it was a great project, perhaps I should tell you that I was fashion sewing for almost 40 years by the time I went to my first class, so the sewing didn't have to be pounded into my head, even though I simply couldn't sew that small (1/4"), but as I said every seam was the same and all the pieces were straight so who can tell?? LOL 

Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use