Top 10 Posters

How do you store your quilting magazines?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 19 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
2,909 Posts
Points 40,930
ls2116 posted on Sun, Oct 21 2012 8:07 PM

I have years of accumulation.  Do you have a Book shelf Wall?

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
25,027 Posts
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 11:55 PM

Carol from Pittsburgh:

I numbered each of my magazines, then scanned the photo of each quilt and made a Word document with them. Below each photo is a number to indicate which magazine it's in, the name of the patttern, and the size. I had these printed, about 6 photos to a side. So now I can look through my binder of photos to find a quilt pattern rather than going through all the magazines. The magazines are stored in numerical order, on shelves on my sewing room bookcase, using those plastic magazine holders.

Carol,

I did something similar. I didn't scan I just made an index page and kept them in a binder. My last two subscriptions were digital and it was much easier to keep track. I've never made a quilt from a magazine pattern so now I'm trying to get rid of them. I'm going through them again to make sure there's nothing I want to keep.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
48 Posts
Points 760

Great Idea. I think that I may try this one.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,890 Posts
Points 69,145
Bonita replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 8:10 PM

I tear out the ones I think I might make and put them in a binder according to subject...quilts...wallhangings....holidays... and baby. I like looking at all quilts in the mags but know I will never make them and I don't have the room to save them all.

Top 50 Contributor
2,909 Posts
Points 40,930
ls2116 replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 9:37 PM

I'm with you can't think of getting rid of my mags but i am thinking about just getting digital subscrptions now. I have one book shelf full and several piles currently scattered in house.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,475 Posts
Points 24,120

I do what Gini does. I usually save the mags for a year, then on a cold winter day I get them all out and tear out what i want to keep and give the rest away.

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use